• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Help with deciding which villager to have?

Which villager should I have?

• Keep Julian!

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Replace Julian with Muffy!

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Replace Julian with Maple!

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters

Sleepy Whimsy

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
So, I?m a little stumped on who I want my tenth villager to be. The villagers I know for a fact I want are Wendy, Willow, Pietro, Fauna, Bam, Erik, Deirdre, Dobie, and Marshal. I have Julian in my town right now, but I?m not exactly sure if I want to keep him, as much as I love him. His design is appealing less and less to me by the day. I would also have three smugs in my town and one of every other personality type, which is so unbalanced (for some reason, these things stick out to me lol).

My town is going to be woodland themed, so most of my villagers are a bit woodsy, minus the sheep (I just love sheep villagers way too much). However, I?m thinking of replacing Julian with Muffy, since she would not only balance out the personalities more but also balance out the gender ratio in my town. I?ve also been in love with her design and aesthetic from the beginning, and she?s always been one of my favorites... and Uchi is one of my favorite personalities, so I definitely don?t mind having two. But at the same time, I would have four sheep, four deer, and only two other species living in my town... not much diversity, and not much of a woodland with all those sheep lol!

Another thing I?m thinking of doing is replacing Julian with Maple. She?s a cutie pie, balances out the gender ratio, adds more species diversity, and fits the woodland theme perfectly. However, I usually become bored with normals, as they have been the most repetitive personality (at least to me). Not to mention, both Fauna and Maple have brown and basic designs AND the same repetitive personality. I can definitely see Fauna overshadowing Maple in my town and me not really paying any mind to Maple at all.

So, what do you all think? :p

Welp, I now I would choose Maple because I'm just not a fan of the other two. It sounds like maple is the best choice in terms of fitting theme, adding diversity, etc.
However, it sounds like you know you'll love Muffy.

So, I would go with Muffy if you know you're more attached to her. If you're really not sure then I would get maple first and see how things go (she may surprise you) and, if you do grow bored with her, get muffy as previously planned. Good luck.

I would honestly choose Maple, because her design seems to fit with the theme you're going for a bit better? Although I pretty much will never stop loving Julian, he's just the cutest little unicorn. I'm a sucker for unicorns and stars and all that girly stupid stuff x.x

But Maple is very cute, and she seems to fit the bill perfectly for your town, so that's what I would personally do. By the way,
if you want Maple, you can hit me up, I can get you her for free since I have her Amiibo.

I'd go for Maple for the theme and variety~ if you actually end up disliking her you can always get her out and try someone else later :)

I'd go with Muffy, since I know that having too many normals gets really boring. Also, I like Muffy's design

I love Julian to death, but since you're going with a woodland theme I would replace him with Maple.

Back