Help with Town Theme! (Fairy or Winter... or both!)

doodle

✿ ✿ ✿
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
0208-6177-4029
October Birthstone (Opal)
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
White Cosmos
Pumpkin Cupcake
Peach (Fruit)
So, basically, I've been sitting on my second copy of ACNL forever, mostly using it to cycle villagers and hoard items to sell. But now I wanna settle on a theme for the town and I just don't know what to do!

I'm torn between two themes, but I feel I might could incorporate both somehow?

I would like either a Fairy Forest or Winter theme. I was thinking of an enchanted winter theme, but I couldn't decide what villagers would fit for that and thought it might be too broad. Do you guys think you could help me generate some ideas? Such as what villagers and PWPs might be nice for such a theme, or which you prefer overall? Very interested to hear thoughts, because I hate thinking this copy is simply doing nothing all this time! :c

I love the idea of an enchanted winter forest! As for villagers, I'd go with some of the more "arctic" animals, possible in white colourations. Aurora, Bianca, Ruby, and Fang maybe. If you want a splash of colour, you could add some of the more traditional "winter animals". Possibly Erik, Deirdre, or Robin?
As for PWPs, things like the illuminated trees, a stone tablet for mysteriousness and maybe torches instead of streetlamps if you want it to not be too "urban". If that's the case, I would also use few paths and maybe stick to stepping stones or narrow wooden walkways? Roses and lilies in white and pink (or maybe a few yellow ones?), or jacobs ladders if you can get them, cedar trees, mushrooms, holly bushes. Perfect apples could look nice too since they remind me of candied apples.
Do you have any plans for the other seasons or do you want to keep the town in winter?

I love the idea of an enchanted winter forest! As for villagers, I'd go with some of the more "arctic" animals, possible in white colourations. Aurora, Bianca, Ruby, and Fang maybe. If you want a splash of colour, you could add some of the more traditional "winter animals". Possibly Erik, Deirdre, or Robin?
As for PWPs, things like the illuminated trees, a stone tablet for mysteriousness and maybe torches instead of streetlamps if you want it to not be too "urban". If that's the case, I would also use few paths and maybe stick to stepping stones or narrow wooden walkways? Roses and lilies in white and pink (or maybe a few yellow ones?), or jacobs ladders if you can get them, cedar trees, mushrooms, holly bushes. Perfect apples could look nice too since they remind me of candied apples.
Do you have any plans for the other seasons or do you want to keep the town in winter?

Wow these are all lovely ideas! I would like to do it all year-round if possible, that was why the villagers were so hard to pin down. If I were to go with arctic ones they wouldn't fit the rest of the year, but honestly, at least they would look amazing during winter! If I were to go more general with this, and a have more "enchanted" feel, I think Julian, Drago, and Sterling could work too! Maybe Colton as he is a white horse, prince-like too. I definitely want to implement all the PWPs you mentioned, and I like the flower choices! I also wouldn't mind apples, as I haven't had them yet.

I just love the idea of winter too! I wish there was a way to incorporate it more throughout the seasons. I was considering making the Mayor a sort of "Ice Queen" character perhaps.

I think it would be really neat to do both, an enchanted winter wonderland would be really cute IMO. I agree with somewhat "arctic" animals, like you could have Tutu as a polar bear, and some of the wolves and penguins. Other villagers in whites and blues would be really pretty with the theme. (I personally love Ruby in the winter, her little red eyes standing out in a sea of white. XD

If you were going for an Ice Queen mayor you could always use QR designs around her home to make it sort of in a permanent winter, like do snow texture paths all around it. Maybe put some cedar trees and dead perfect trees so keep that illusion?

I also like the idea of apples, not only for the candied apple look but because of it's fairy tale ties as well.

I think a fairy winter forest would be a cool theme. For villagers I think a white or icy blue would be nice. There's Hans, Fang, Whitney, Flurry, Sprinkle, Ruby, Bianca, Blanche, Chai (if you have card), Chevre, Cashmere, Dora, Tutu, Skye, Julian, Diana...
PWPs I'd probably go with a lot of the illuminated ones for a glowly magical feel.

Good luck!

I agree with the others that an enchanted winter forest would be great! I see a lot of fairy towns and a lot of winter forests, but not very many with the two themes combined.

Possible villagers:

Normal: Cally, Chevre, Eunice, Fauna, Flurry, Maple, Melba, Nan, Poppy, Sally, Skye, Stella
Uchi: Deirdre, Hazel, Pashmina, Shari
Snooty: Baabara, Blanche, Diana, Freya, Pecan, Vivian.
Peppy: Apple, Bianca, Candi, Carmen, Gabi, Peanut, Piper, Ruby, Tutu
Smug: Beardo, Colton, Hans, Kidd, Julian, Kyle, Lopez, Marshal, Zell
Cranky: Bruce, Cesar, Chief, Dobie, Fang, Grizzly, Gruff, Lobo, Rolf, Wolfgang
Jock: Bam, Kody, Lyman, Peck, Poncho, Rory, Sparro, Teddy
Lazy: Anchovy, Beau, Cole, Erik, Nate, Prince, Pudge

Villagers in bold are ones I thought would be more specifically "fairy/fairytale." The others are more generic foresty villagers.

Oh wow guys! Your input is awesome! I have a lot of ideas on how to proceed, and I think I will try to make it an enchanted winter town all year if possible.

I'm really warming to the idea of arctic villagers. I'll have to browse through my amiibo, but I'm sure I have a few that would fit! I have Julian, Tutu, some penguins, and Fauna off the top of my head. I would like to get Skye as the wolf, she's so pretty!

I like the idea of lots of illuminated trees. I also wanna use ore sprinkled all over the ground, specifically blue pieces and maybe some purple. Lots of cedars where they can go! Mushrooms and perfect apple trees as well. :3

I love the idea of wintry QR codes too. I could decorate the town with them where they would look nice and not too garrish.

I think the Mayor will be named Isolde, for a winter queen character. I'm considering naming the town Eirwen, but I would like something slightly more wintry sounding.

But gosh, thanks for all the ideas!!

Back