What's a meal you look forward to?

i love to sin

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I personally love going to sushi. If I know the day before that I'll be going out to eat sushi, the next day I won't eat anything in preparation for sushi. But once I sit down, I can probably eat around 6 rolls.
It's just that meal that I look forward to and I'm excited to eat the most.
what about you?

I love Chinese food! Chinese food here is very different from in America. My favourite is satay chicken skewer! the meat is so beautifully tender and juicy I could cry just thinking about it. Chinese food is also way better fresh! take out is like... 1/5th the power level of freshly cooked Chinese.

I tend to plan a lot in advance and make my menu every two weeks so I get to look forward to cheat meals on the list but I always love sushi, seafood bibimbap, and pho and try and reward myself with those often. c:

anything that someone else pays for i'm poor and hungry

Cheeseburgers and fries.
as long as its from a different restaurant every day, I won't get old of it :)

I tend to plan a lot in advance and make my menu every two weeks so I get to look forward to cheat meals on the list but I always love sushi, seafood bibimbap, and pho and try and reward myself with those often. c:

I love Pho! I believe it isn't very dense calorie wise, and i thought the broth was actually p good for you? I always eat it when im sick and make it super duper spicy. I'll have to say its something I do get excited about whenever I get to have it.

Pizza, something with potatos, any type of pasta, stuff like that :3
Pasta is one of my favorites too. Fettuccine alfredo with breadsticks and salad from Olive Garden. Or their eggplant parm... mmm god

I can no longer chew solid foods for a while so I look forward to drinking cheese & broccoli soup through a syringe. I also love those Boost drinks.

aye pho is hella low calorie wise I make a huge batch of it in my crockpot every few weeks. not so much a cheat meal but still a treat because straining out all the anise, clove, and ginger is a hassle lol

aye pho is hella low calorie wise I make a huge batch of it in my crockpot every few weeks. not so much a cheat meal but still a treat because straining out all the anise, clove, and ginger is a hassle lol
See I haven't made it myself bc it's quite a hassle, I always just stick to my meal prep.
I'll have to look into making it though, sometimes when I'm fasting I'll buy some pho and just drink the broth.

See I haven't made it myself bc it's quite a hassle, I always just stick to my meal prep.
I'll have to look into making it though, sometimes when I'm fasting I'll buy some pho and just drink the broth.

I do a really simplified version but I have a lot of chronic pain and my daily exercise can cut into food preparation hours by a lot depending on the day. The most labor intensive part is straining out the spices and stuff which would be easier if I went and bought an actual strainer instead of slowly pouring it all through a pasta strainer. Sobs

8 cups chicken broth
10 star anise
6 whole cloves
2 inch peeled and sliced ginger
one whole cinnamon stick
thai rice noodles
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 chicken breasts

garnish:
a bunch of bean sprouts
basil
chili garlic sauce

combine fish sauce, spices, chicken broth, and chicken in slow cooker/crockpot and cook for 8 hours low or 4 hours high. sieve out the spices, remove the chicken to cool. add rice noodles and cook for 30 minutes on high. fork the chicken into bite size pieces and add back to the pot, ladle out the soup into bowl and add garnish.

I put a massive amount of chili garlic sauce because I love it.

Depending on the brand of broth (or if you're making it at home,) the weight of the chicken, and the brand of rice noodles I'll get like 320-360 calories for a 2 cup bowl and that's a lot of food.

Like all of them?
Sushi for sure is something I am anticipatingly pre-excited for if I know it's coming.
Also cake and other desserts.

Back