What's a meal you look forward to?

korean food. bring itttt to me. also whenever my room mate cooks this belgian stew thing i forgot the name but it's really good.

I do a really simplified version but I have a lot of chronic pain and my daily exercise can cut into food preparation hours by a lot depending on the day. The most labor intensive part is straining out the spices and stuff which would be easier if I went and bought an actual strainer instead of slowly pouring it all through a pasta strainer. Sobs

8 cups chicken broth
10 star anise
6 whole cloves
2 inch peeled and sliced ginger
one whole cinnamon stick
thai rice noodles
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 chicken breasts

garnish:
a bunch of bean sprouts
basil
chili garlic sauce

combine fish sauce, spices, chicken broth, and chicken in slow cooker/crockpot and cook for 8 hours low or 4 hours high. sieve out the spices, remove the chicken to cool. add rice noodles and cook for 30 minutes on high. fork the chicken into bite size pieces and add back to the pot, ladle out the soup into bowl and add garnish.

I put a massive amount of chili garlic sauce because I love it.

Depending on the brand of broth (or if you're making it at home,) the weight of the chicken, and the brand of rice noodles I'll get like 320-360 calories for a 2 cup bowl and that's a lot of food.

Omg, thank you for this!!
I can easily make this vegan as well.
I'm gonna make this today!

And you should try using cheesecloth over a pasta strainer! that's what I do to rinse quinoa.

The only thing I really crave isn't food, it's coffee!

I think I drink more coffee than I eat food, to be honest. But when I do have a craving, it's usually sushi or something having to do with seafood.

Definitely sushi
It's the only meal I ever really look forward to
most meals have become so dull as I've grown up.

Free meals, aka me going to my aunt's place during the weekends. oops

Omg, thank you for this!!
I can easily make this vegan as well.
I'm gonna make this today!

And you should try using cheesecloth over a pasta strainer! that's what I do to rinse quinoa.

Thanks for that tip on the cheesecloth ooh

Also niceeeee I'm glad you could make use of it!

Tbh, I'm always down for a good cheeseburger. Definitely not the healthiest choice, but they're really good.

I love Panera Bread and I can't wait until the next time I can eat there...which could be a while because I'm at college and don't have a car lol

Sushi is pretty good but I don't get it too often and there aren't many options around here so I'm limited in what I can get anyway :< but it's still a fun time when I do get it.

Sometimes I go and get a small Papa Johns pizza with garlic butter from the campus center marketplace, and it's always really good :)

Back