• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

So this happened...

Jellieyz

King of rec
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Beau wanted to give Julian a present and being a good mayor I was like 'sure I'll do it because I'm a good mayor' and then...

hYa1VyS.jpg

why don't they just wear the clothes I made at Sable's. Out of all the villagers in my town only Shari is the one wearing a custom design and she's not even a permanent villager. :c

Anything similar happened to you guys?

I usually refuse delivering packages errands for this very reason. Unless I don't care too much for the villager's originality, it's just something I do, even though I really don't enjoy refusing requests though. If you can, you should probably either reset or gift him the shirt you want him to wear, but if it's a custom design you just have to hope and pray, I guess.

:/ I gifted Ocvtavian a Gracie shirt that suited him well. He put it on...then I run into him a few minutes later and he changed to copy Ankha's straw shirt (whom also didn't wear the clothes I gave her). Sigh...
Also, spent lots of time customizing a pink rococo set for marina's house and then had to deliver a present from Coco to her..which turned out to be that medical looking screen which she then put in her house throwing off the set I gave her. x.c

Villagers are fickle beings.

I don't normally refuse their delivery request. The only things I refuse are the 'catch me this...' quests because I value their house more than their clothes but Julian just looks naked with bad tattoos

I ordered some shirts and going to start sending them to him when they arrive, they should just start wearing my shirts man it would look okay on them lol.

I give the villagers their presents, it can be amusing at times seeing what horrible clothes they've been given. Julian's rabbit shirt is quite cute though.
It can suck sometimes when they don't want to wear what you want them to wear, but it'd be boring if they always did what you want them to.

It makes me laugh when the villagers have horrible stuff. I just mail them what I want them to have or put things up for sale at Re-Tail and learn patience.

The worst part about mailing them or making them buy a shirt is that sometimes they'll use it as furniture.

Like, do you really think I sent you that shirt to put it in your house?

I just give them their presents. I don't mind what they wear, but I try to keep their homes original for the most part. Also, even if you didn't deliver them their gifts, they'll still get clothes from other villagers on their own, as I mine do that continuously. I think it's cute when they do it, because usually they do that little dance afterwards.

I think they're more apt to wear the custom designs the more you talk to them and become friends. Currently 5/10 of my villagers are wearing my custom designs, 3 are wearing shirts I sent them and 2 stubborn children wont change from their darn black denim jackets...

haha it looks like he just has a giant bunny tattoo'd on his torso

I've been avoiding deliveries for this reason, once I upload my dream town I'll be more lenient.

Back