• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Hacking I ran into on the island today

Fluffy Fox Of Fate

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
November Birthstone (Topaz)
New Leaf Token
Green Candy
Red Cosmos
I was just going to the island a lot today looking for beetles. I need them to finish one of the daily missions for MEOW tickets. (a very annoying mission I must say)

But anyway, while on the island there was two people hacking. The first one I saw was trying to give things to people (at lest they were asking if anyone needed anything so I assume that's what they were doing). I started to cut down the normal trees when the hacker was zipping around the tree making me unable to cut it and then put down a new tree right next to it. I left right after that...

The other one I saw was zipping around the island just playing with gold tools and doing odd animations (like the falling over animation from getting a tarantula/scorpion bite) That person didn't do anything rude so they were fine.

I don't normally see so many hackers on the island, though I don't go there that often with other people. How often have you guys seen people doing this on the island?

I’ve run into hackers quite a few times, but usually they’re completely quiet the whole time and just do weird stuff while the little twelve year olds there are just like “oh em gee how do u do that”. Though there was one time where a non-hacker guy was being annoying/rude so a hacker trapped him in some bushes :p that was entertaining.

I’ve run into hackers quite a few times, but usually they’re completely quiet the whole time and just do weird stuff while the little twelve year olds there are just like “oh em gee how do u do that”. Though there was one time where a non-hacker guy was being annoying/rude so a hacker trapped him in some bushes :p that was entertaining.

The few hackers I've ran into were usually messing with people and causing trouble. I've only ran into 3 that I can think of and only one wasn't rude. (which I talked about them in my last post) a different hacker I met was doing something weird that was preventing me from leaving the island. Like the bubble that says that it's preparing to leave kept disappearing and then popping back up. I was stuck in a loop and I had to turn off my system to get out of it.

But I must say, that one hacker you saw sounds funny.

The few hackers I've ran into were usually messing with people and causing trouble. I've only ran into 3 that I can think of and only one wasn't rude. (which I talked about them in my last post) a different hacker I met was doing something weird that was preventing me from leaving the island. Like the bubble that says that it's preparing to leave kept disappearing and then popping back up. I was stuck in a loop and I had to turn off my system to get out of it.

But I must say, that one hacker you saw sounds funny.

Wow, that’s annoying. It’s so annoying when people... abuse their power for no reason. Tbh when I run into hackers, it’s the little-kid-non-hackers that are annoying because the minute they realize they’re with hackers, they start begging for this and that. Spawn me hybrids, give me rare furniture, I’ll give you 100 bells for [insert rare item]. That kind of thing.

I've never seen it, but then again it's been years since I've been to Club Tortimer. I tend to be distrustful of players I don't know who could trap me on the island or whatever else.
I'm content going alone :) Glad nothing bad happened with you!

Wow, that’s annoying. It’s so annoying when people... abuse their power for no reason. Tbh when I run into hackers, it’s the little-kid-non-hackers that are annoying because the minute they realize they’re with hackers, they start begging for this and that. Spawn me hybrids, give me rare furniture, I’ll give you 100 bells for [insert rare item]. That kind of thing.

It is... I don't really understand why that would be fun to do to people.

Oh that does sound annoying. I've seen people beg normal players for bells before too. I've had it happen to me more when I was wearing a crown than any other time, so now I just don't use expensive/rare clothing when I go to the island. Or if I do I just ignore all the begging comments.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've never seen it, but then again it's been years since I've been to Club Tortimer. I tend to be distrustful of players I don't know who could trap me on the island or whatever else.
I'm content going alone :) Glad nothing bad happened with you!

After that event I've been trying not to do much on the islands if I go there or just accept that I could lose anything I get if I choose to hunt there. Only reason why I went to the public islands in the first place to get beetles is I had to many trees on my own island that other bugs kept spawning and not the beetles I needed.

I just didn't want to bother with cutting them all down and then replanting them afterword. ^^'

Thankfully, back when that hacker did trap me on the island I didn't hunt for anything. I was really lucky for that.

I've only seen a hacker on the island once. When I got there she had closed the large green section of the island off with rocks, with only one entrance and then she started dropping hybrid flowers. She wasn't rude or anything, so it was sort of cool, but I still left quickly.

nope since I don't go there anymore (not that I did that super extensively in the past). I can get any and all Club Tortimer items here so there is no point in going there anyway.

pro tip for all: wear common clothes, remove pretty objects from your head, and talk to any other people in a foreign language (or don't talk to them at all)

^^^I wear like the basic hair and everything. Don't flaunt it like you got it.
I usually run into hackers, but not in a long while.

Dropped by the island a couple of times and found golden tools, streetpass items and other items that you can't bring to the island.
Each time the player asked if I wanted anything. Passed because I already had the golden tools and prefer to earn things myself.

I've seen pictures of hacked private island and they are pretty. Wished we could dress our island up.

When your stuck in the bubble, I'm pretty sure it just means there's a player who wont get out of conversation, their inventory, or while chatting. They usually purposely do it to make people turn off their 3DS's.
I encountered this one jerk who kept crashing the island via turning off their WiFi switch. He got real quiet the second encounter because I kept pointing him out. Too bad there isn't a report button. But then again, Nintendo will have a ton more reports to deal with.

I've never actually run into hacking on the island before, but mainly because I never visit Club Tortimer. The only reason I'll go to the island is to catch bugs, and I usually get my meow coupons by scanning in Amiibos, since you get 5 Meow coupons if you scan one in, as long as you ask for an item or move them in.

I've never really liked online play on ACNL, because it's so hard to type out anything, and I just find it kind of awkward overall, so I only do it for trading. Sounds pretty fascinating to find a hacker in action though, I would have stuck around to watch the show! Maybe I should try and visit more often. I could use some silver axes.

I haven't really ran into any yet but, granted, I hardly go to the island. Though I may start going more since there's the meow coupon tasks and I'm trying to save up the tour medals for another white/black wetsuit.
Generally I just get the people that beg for bells or beg to swap FC's.

I haven't really ran into any yet but, granted, I hardly go to the island. Though I may start going more since there's the meow coupon tasks and I'm trying to save up the tour medals for another white/black wetsuit.
Generally I just get the people that beg for bells or beg to swap FC's.

Usually, I just buy wetsuits from the Re-Tail board for a few TBT. I think it's definitely worth it rather than the beggers, the errorers, the tour starters and the FC swappers. I just always go to the island online hoping that none of that happens, but it always does and it's really jarring, so I haven't been there since long before the Amiibo update lol.

Usually, I just buy wetsuits from the Re-Tail board for a few TBT. I think it's definitely worth it rather than the beggers, the errorers, the tour starters and the FC swappers. I just always go to the island online hoping that none of that happens, but it always does and it's really jarring, so I haven't been there since long before the Amiibo update lol.

Yeah, I've gotten it from the retail board before. Though I've been needing a lot of greenery so I rather save my tbt for that as it goes pretty fast buying hundreds of clovers. XD
Overall I enjoy the concept of the island and I'd like to start enjoying the aspects that I don't really utilize like the tour games. So, for me, I rather just buy the wetsuits myself on the island than get it here. I typically only try to buy what's not easily available to me on here (WA I don't have, regionals) or that I'm too lazy to wait for an abundance of (hybrids/clovers).
Though there are certainly some annoying players, I've encountered some pretty kind and interesting players as well. So, I don't personally find it al that bad.

Last edited:
I'm a hacker there myself lol but I barely ever go there anymore

I would usually just decorate the island with bushes and palm trees and cedars and stuff,,,,give the lil kids some goodies and blessings and stuff

Sometimes I have trolled there like before anyone came to the island I filled the area around the door (on the outside) with rocks so when they came outside they couldn't do anything outside XD I also trapped a random person in rafflesias

I have someone doing the fainting this and then they disconnected everyone, it was really annoying because my pockets were full of expensive beetles. Sucks because I have been enjoying going to the island recently... and that just ruins it. I should have left when he started doing the falling things, because I could tell he was hacking them obviously.

Back