• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you a vegetarian / vegan?

Are You A Vegan/vegetarian?

• No

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • Vegetarian

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Vegan

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters
Yep. I don't believe in killing anything unnecessarily.

But it's just the food chain - that's how life works.

foodchain.jpg

No. I was for about three years but I had to stop because it was making me sick.

But it's just the food chain - that's how life works.

foodchain.jpg

If we want to be natural, we should hunt animals ourselves and eat them raw (while living in caves).

Life moves on, and in a civilised society I don't think it's necessary at all to eat meat. But that's just my opinion as someone who was brought up vegan.

If we want to be natural, we should hunt animals ourselves and eat them raw (while living in caves).

Life moves on, and in a civilised society I don't think it's necessary at all to eat meat. But that's just my opinion as someone who was brought up vegan.

I have a question. What if back in the old days, humans didn't hunt animals to survive. Would they still have been able to survive? Maybe eating animals never was supposed to be "natural" but we all just did it cause our ancestors did.

I have a question. What if back in the old days, humans didn't hunt animals to survive. Would they still have been able to survive? Maybe eating animals never was supposed to be "natural" but we all just did it cause our ancestors did.

Very possible. I heard somewhere that fruit and vegetables are supposed to look attractive as food, but I'm not knowledgable enough on that to elaborate. There has never been any need to eat animals. It's just a cultural thing.

Humans are born natural omnivores so it doesn't make sense to me why humans force themselves to eat against their instincts. The thing is that animals kill to eat and so do humans. Animals and humans pretty much all eat the same things as one another, so why is it such a big deal when people do it but animals are allowed? That is ridiculous. I think some people take the whole idea of "becoming vegan" to unnecessary levels, by jamming it down other peoples throats and/or forcing their ideology on "non vegans" like it's a religion. That's where I draw the line.

Last edited:
No, I wouldn't miss meat but I don't avoid animal products in my diet. I'm against any kind of animal abuse and prematurely ending an animals' life in a society that doesn't have to rely on their meat anymore, but I support farms as a means to avoid the extinction of farm life. I think it's just more important to work towards a better and longer life for animals than having them go extinct.

If you feel bad about eating animals that's totally ok, of course, but thinking that changing your diet will affect animals in any way is just naive. People eating animals isn't the main problem, their life circumstances are a much bigger issue that's often ignored.

I guess so, but we still require the nutritional stuffs found in meat (and vegetarian-friendly sources).

I've always been a big meat kinda guy I don't know why. Plus my family's always been big on meat, I don't think I could ever be a vegetarian or vegan, I'll just stick to eating meat.

Last edited:
Veg. Sometimes I think I could stop, but then I realize I can?t conciously eat meat anymore.

Nope. I wanted to (and actually, from wanting to I've eliminated turkey, ham, bacon, and most red meats from my diet) but then I decided that I love fried chicken too much :p

I was vegan for two years and a vegetarian from 2009 - 2016. I stopped because I don?t care anymore.

i don't have red meat all that often (maybe once or twice a month?), but i've never actively avoided it. i've thought about being a vegetarian and the transition would probably be somewhat easy since i rarely have meat anyways, but i'm not fully committed yet.

I actually have no clue why people are sometimes scared of meat.
"Why, its because it was once a living thing!"
Well, its dead, so get over it.
Personally, as long as it looks like a steak or sausages, I'm totally fine with it (I hate seeing dead animals, even though I honestly don't care. Just as long as they're not in ONE PIECE I'm totally fine with :D)
But seriously, I wouldn't live without meat. (I dont eat veggies besides potatoes, tomato, lettuce, onion, olives)

I actually have no clue why people are sometimes scared of meat.
"Why, its because it was once a living thing!"
Well, its dead, so get over it.
Personally, as long as it looks like a steak or sausages, I'm totally fine with it (I hate seeing dead animals, even though I honestly don't care. Just as long as they're not in ONE PIECE I'm totally fine with :D)
But seriously, I wouldn't live without meat. (I dont eat veggies besides potatoes, tomato, lettuce, onion, olives)

Probably 'cause a human killed it

Back