• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What do you consider 'hacking/cheating'?

I don't think Time Travel is cheating myself, but I do see how that can be seen as cheating to others. I Time Travel all the time and honestly I don't think Animal Crossing would be that fun if that wasn't an option. Not to mention for me I would miss a lot of the holidays since I usually have something planned on those days and I end up forget all about checking the holiday on Animal Crossing. ^^'

Now hacking is cheating. I don't have a problem with a person hacking unless their using it to mess with other people's games or selling items on The Bell Tree when they just gave it to themselves without working for it. But other than that I'm fine with someone hacking on their own game.

i actually quite like hacked towns, towns like "win us" and stuff are fun to go to via dream address. i don't think that hacking is particularly bad, unless your doing it to ruin someone's game or using your power for "personal gain " like spawning bells.

also i don't think TTing is cheating. nor using Amiibo cards or using small glitches. ( like the net glitch and so ) but glitches like duplicating and stuff is a no no. i've done TT a few times before to visit easter in july and so. i also like to use amiibo cards, that's how i got whitney and mint. ive also done glitches like the net glitch. i've done every glitch in acnl ( before the update ) but the duplicating glitch and the throwing beans/tweeter glitch.

Tting. Once introduced to the idea of it I ended up doing it a lot (way too much lol) and I've decided to stop in an attempt to have a more authentic Animal Crossing experience. One of the coolest things about Animal Crossing is that you're playing in real time - as time passes in th real world it passes in Animal Crossing; that's why it is so exciting to wake up the next day and see what's in store. But when time travel is thrown into the equation, well... what's left for you to look forward to? If you already TT'd forward and did everything, then that's your choice, but at the same time you did all the fun stuff for tomorrow TODAY, and now there's nothing to look forward to.

That's my take on it and why I personally have decided to stop utilizing Time Travel.

Last edited:
Cheating for me would be item duping, I don't consider TT'ing cheating, or buying/trading stuff here.

Especially with the trading aspect I wouldn't consider buying bells and stuff cheating, because tbt and igb for me are integrated more or less being a member here, I've bought things for igb and I've bought things for tbt so yeah. I mean if you don't do any work and only buy bells here I could see how that would take some of the fun from the game, but it's not cheating IMHO.

Hacking would be doing those power saves, and using that software or whatever that lets you do everything, putting stuff in the rivers, houses on the beaches, etc etc etc. Sadly I had been tricked into buying power-saved villagers in the past, really seedy thing to do.

Back