• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Something (else) I didn't know

tinycomet

^ u ^
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
White Rose
Blue Hybrid Rose
Purple Violet
White Violet
Leif
Apparently, if you press A near a campfire (either your own or the one in the campground), you start to dance. Who knew? (Not me, that's who)

Heck no. Still havent tried it yet lol

Yeah, I love the square dance feature! I do it every time :p
If you have visitors in town, instead of dancing, you'll rub your hands together when you press A.

Does this work with new towns too? My town is about four days old (I reset it!) and I've never tried that before! If so, that's super neat! This game never ceases to surprise me with all the little details!

Does this work with new towns too? My town is about four days old (I reset it!) and I've never tried that before! If so, that's super neat! This game never ceases to surprise me with all the little details!

Yes, I'd think it will work! I don't remember having to unlock it :)

Well, time to try it at the campsite now, actually seems pretty neat

I've heard of people dancing near the campfire but I just assumed they were doing the shrunk dance emote, gotta go try this now!

I just did it and omg not what I expected but that is so cute!

Last edited:
There's lots of little surprises in the camp site, would guess there's more to find out - if you do that dance by the fire while Harvey is playing castenettes - he starts to play them faster while you dance.

Not sure what if anything he does differently if he's playing the tambourine.

If you sit on one of the logs during the day, a bird will come and sit with you.

Occasionally Harvey will feed the birds, he'll give you beans- sometimes quickly, other times it takes a while.

At night owls sit on the cabin roof (above Harvey's little shop) - varying numbers, none, one, two, & sometimes a whole family.

I didn't know you can do that. Definitely worth a try!

Back