Foolproof method for getting Blue Roses!

ackawai

どうぶつの森
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
0000-0000-0000
New Leaf Token
Mailbox
Silver Mailbox
I discovered a foolproof method to get [BB]Blue Roses. When you breed two [BB]Blue Roses together, you can only get more Blue Roses! Nothing else, just Blue Roses. Read on to find out how!

Whatever two flowers were hybridized to make a new flower, that offspring will have its parents in its genetics. For example, breeding an [XX]White and [XX]White would make a [WW]White or [WW]Purple. Breeding [WW]Purple+[WW]Purple could get you a [PP]Purple. Since that purple rose has PurplePurple as its parents, it can only make more purple roses.

To get one, you need to crossbreed two [OP]Red, where OP=OrangePurple offspring.

Start with a [XX]Red and [XX]Yellow, XX means that it has no parent breed. To get an [XX]Red and [XX]Yellow. buy it from the Garden Shop to ensure that they're [XX] and not an offspring.

Put [XX]Red and [XX]Yellow together and water it. You will eventually get a [RY]Orange Rose, where RY stands for the orange rose's parentage: RedYellow. You'll most likely get an [RY]Yellow or [RY]Red first, so just put those aside.

Now you're gonna need two [XX]White. Again, buy them from the flower shop to be on the safe side. Put them together, water them, and you'll hopefully end up with a [WW]Purple, where WW stands for the purple rose's parentage:WhiteWhite

This is where it gets confusing.

To get an [OP]Red* (A special red that can make blue roses), you have to breed a [RY]Orange and [WW]Purple.

You could end up with a [OP]Yellow, [OP]Red, [OP]White, [OP]Purple, or [OP]Orange. Notice how it can spit out any of the parents, which is [RY] and [WW]. Keep track of any reds that show up, and keep them safe in your pockets. *DO NOT MIX THEM UP, THEY ARE IDENTICAL!*

Breed your two [OP]Red and you could get [RR]Red, [RR]Yellow, [RR]White, [RR]Orange, [RR]Pink, [RR]Black, or [RR]Blue.

If you breed together two [RR]Blue you can get [BB]Blue! Put those [BB]Blues and you'll be having more blue roses than you can ever imagine. This is because [BB]Blue can only produce it's parents, which are BlueBlue.

Similarily, if you breed two [WW]Purples, you will get [PP]Purple. Breeding two [PP]Purple insures that the only offspring is also [PP]Purple. This is because the [PP]Purple has PurplePurple parents.

This can actually help you get more of any given color. If you wanted, say, more black roses, you would breed two [RR]Black roses (Which is gotten by breeding [XX]Red+[XX]Red). Then you can get [BB]Blacks, which can only make blacks when bred with another [BB]Black.

I hope this will help you get lots of beautiful flowers in your town. :D

I also made a visual chart, hopefully to help understand better! :)
OhVywVh.jpg

Last edited:
Your basically saying to just put two of the same kind together to get the same flower. No need to make it long...

I should probably mention that a blue rose bag can have the same effects, without going through the hard stuff. Blue rose bags are only obtainable by hacking, but it can make it a lot easier.
[XX]Blue + [XX]Blue = [BB]Blue

Since both parents were BlueBlue, they can only produce more Blue. This is unlike breeding [XX]Red + [XX]White, because the parents are RedWhite. Therefore, they can make [RW]Red, [RW]White, or [RW]Pink.

--

I've seen some people confused how their red rose could make a pink rose. That's simple, they were probably using [RW]Red + [RR]Red, or [RW]Red + [RW]Red. Since flowers remember their parents, it's possible for a red to make a pink. [RW]Red + [RW]Red could also make [RR]Purple, since there's [W] in both parent's genetics. You could NOT get a [RR]Purple from a [RW]Red + [RR]Red, since there's only one [W]. You need two [W] to make purple.

@haydenv019: I was telling how exactly to get a [BB]Blue. Otherwise people would be ending up with [RB]Blue that makes red usually. Besides, I was explaining how the flower genetics in Animal Crossing works so people understand how flowers remember their parents. I love to explain things in detail. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Feel free to ask question below. :) Please let me know if this guide helped you, if it didn't, what can be improved, any additional info that can be added... ect.

Last edited:
Now all I need is a blue rose! :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

Your basically saying to just put two of the same kind together to get the same flower. No need to make it long...

the need to make it long is that you get more tbt if you make it longer lol. Can't blame them.

Last edited:
Now all I need is a blue rose! :D
I encourage you to try out my method. Let me know how it turns out.

the need to make it long is that you get more tbt if you make it longer lol. Can't blame them.

Not really. I can't EXPLAIN something in two sentences. xD Otherwise I would've been like 'blue + blue makez blue'

Last edited:
My need to breed blue roses has long since passed, but I think you described the process to create this difficult flower well.
People new to breeding should be able to follow it too :)

Thank you!

Here's a visual chart, hopefully to help people understand better. I know, it's hard to read a big wall of text. This should hopefully help simplify the process for people!
OhVywVh.jpg

Last edited:

It had to be long. Otherwise how would I explain the workings of the flowers? It's not 'put two flowers together', because it depends on the parentage. No need to be rude, I spent a lot of time studying and researching.

I will explain how to make a purple pansy soon! :D Stay tuned.

I received a few blue roses as a gift from someone and they keep breeding orange and red flowers, so by your teachings, they must not be BB blue roses but other kind (RB?) :)
I'm happy either way because I didn't breed them, but will they ever produce other blue roses or it's impossible? Thank you!

I received a few blue roses as a gift from someone and they keep breeding orange and red flowers, so by your teachings, they must not be BB blue roses but other kind (RB?) :)
I'm happy either way because I didn't breed them, but will they ever produce other blue roses or it's impossible? Thank you!

They could produce blue roses. It's rather unlikely though. The chance of breeding from a non [BB]Blue rose is like 5%. This is because an [RR]Blue has a bunch of other kinds in its parentage, which are more likely to spawn than a [BB]Blue. The only reason [BB]Blue can breed blue roses almost always is because the parentage is BlueBlue. This means it can only pull from blue parentage.

I think yours are [RR]Blue. Since an [RR]Blue is made from a pair of [OP]Red, it is probably pulling the orange and red from its parentage and spawning that instead.

Good luck! I hope you find your hybrid happiness. :) Patience is a virtue when it comes to gardening, and it is so rewarding to see a new blue rose pop up! :D

Last edited:
They could produce blue roses. It's rather unlikely though. The chance of breeding from a non [BB]Blue rose is like 5%. This is because an [RR]Blue has a bunch of other kinds in its parentage, which are more likely to spawn than a [BB]Blue. The only reason [BB]Blue can breed blue roses almost always is because the parentage is BlueBlue. This means it can only pull from blue parentage.

I think yours are [RR]Blue. Since an [RR]Blue is made from a pair of [OP]Red, it is probably pulling the orange and red from its parentage and spawning that instead.

Good luck! I hope you find your hybrid happiness. :) Patience is a virtue when it comes to gardening, and it is so rewarding to see a new blue rose pop up! :D

I see... a 5% it's a hard chance x)
Thank you for the information! :D

Would you like a pair of [BB]Blue for 1TBT? I bred a lot from some [XX]Blue, so you're welcome to have some.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I see... a 5% it's a hard chance x)
Thank you for the information! :D

Would you like a pair of [BB]Blue for 1TBT? I bred a lot from some [XX]Blue, so you're welcome to have some.

Thank for offering, but not right now. :)
Someday I'll try and breed my own. Until there, I'll just leave the ones I have at the beach and see what happens :)

I confirmed that [BB]Blue is capable of spawning [BB]Blue nearly every time. Over the 15 days I TTed, 12 times a blue rose appeared. The other times they did nothing.

For someone who says "patience is a virtue", you do a lot of time travelling. :p

I, on the other hand, prefer breeding hybrids one day at a time.

Great job on the guide, by the way. I tried writing a guide to successfully breed blue roses once, but explaining it ingame is much more easier.

I can't wait to see the purple pansy guide.

For someone who says "patience is a virtue", you do a lot of time travelling. :p

I, on the other hand, prefer breeding hybrids one day at a time.

Great job on the guide, by the way. I tried writing a guide to successfully breed blue roses once, but explaining it ingame is much more easier.

I can't wait to see the purple pansy guide.

Yes, I guess I was hypocritical there.

I only time traveled to experiment with Blue Rose spawn frequency with [BB]Blue pairs. I destroyed them after to be fair and not cheat. :p

I like to breed my hybrids fairly as well. I destroyed all the hybrids that I've bought from various people, and I'm now working on breeding them by myself, one day at a time. This morning I got a pink rose, orange rose, blue pansy, and orange pansy. Gosh it's rewarding to see my effotrts pay off.

I'm working on the purple pansy guide. Currently studying their patterns and whatnot.

Back