• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Foolproof method for getting Blue Roses!

I received a few blue roses as a gift from someone and they keep breeding orange and red flowers, so by your teachings, they must not be BB blue roses but other kind (RB?) :)
I'm happy either way because I didn't breed them, but will they ever produce other blue roses or it's impossible? Thank you!

blue roses should ONLY spawn more blue roses. It can't do any other color. I've read through so many guides on how to breed one (including here) and 100% of the people who obtained it legitimately said that once you have two legitimate blue roses, they will only spawn blue roses. So far, I've been testing out the only spawning blue roses from other blue roses and my garden had no other hybrid color.

I confirmed that [BB]Blue is capable of spawning [BB]Blue nearly every time. Over the 15 days I TTed, 12 times a blue rose appeared. The other times they did nothing.

Can vouch for this. Bought two from this seller and have tt'd four days and gotten a new blue rose each day. :)

blue roses should ONLY spawn more blue roses. It can't do any other color. I've read through so many guides on how to breed one (including here) and 100% of the people who obtained it legitimately said that once you have two legitimate blue roses, they will only spawn blue roses. So far, I've been testing out the only spawning blue roses from other blue roses and my garden had no other hybrid color.

According to OP, if they are RR blue roses they could breed red roses. Only BB blue roses will always breed blue. I can't really vouch they weren't hacked as I received them from someone else, but don't hacked flowers always produce white? Then how come it was a red offspring?

It was probably an [RR]Blue (so it mainly produces [BB]Red) or a hacked Blue with an unknown parentage.

I should probably mention that a blue rose bag can have the same effects, without going through the hard stuff. Blue rose bags are only obtainable by hacking, but it can make it a lot easier.
[XX]Blue + [XX]Blue = [BB]Blue

Good guide, but I can tell you from personal experience that this isn't true. Blue Rose bags can be legitimately acquired in the game, from Leif. It's extremely rare to get and incredibly difficult to pull off, but it can happen. Fill your town with weeds, to get Leif to appear, or talk to Leif during weeding day with a town full of weeds. Once you pull enough weeds, talk to Leif to get a prize. 99.9% of the time Leif will give you weeding day furniture, but the other .01% of the time you can get a hybrid flower bag of any color and type, including blue roses. It's hard enough to get a hybrid bag from Leif. It's even harder to have that hybrid bag be a blue rose, but it can definitely happen.

It's hard enough to get a hybrid bag from Leif. It's even harder to have that hybrid bag be a blue rose, but it can definitely happen.

This, I have never even heard about. Not that I'm even going to try to fill my town with weeds because I'm deathly afraid of getting the Rafflesia.

To get hybrid flower bags don't wake up Leif. Pull all the weeds and save/continue. Wake up Leif and if you pull all of the weeds Leif will start mentioning that weeds need to be pulled but than says there are no weeds. You'll get a hybrid bag that is random.

If Leif wakes up and says there are more weeds, write down the amount and leave the game without saving. Start it back up and pull that amount. Wake Leif up again and you'll get the hybrid bag. I have about 5 hybrid bags from Leif using this method.

I've gotten blue roses using The Forbidden Blue Rose youtube video set up. Orange/Purple make maybe hybrid red rose. Placed those maybe hybrid red rose in a different spot and watered them. It took 6 weeks and I got my 1st blue rose. I played in real time and waited for them to grow. Once you get 2 blue roses they grow like weeds. If they slow down take 3 blue roses and put them in a different spot. I made 4 patches of 3 blue roses and got new blue rose in each patch. Main town is full of them now.

That's cool! Thanks for telling me that. i never knew that!

I assumed tthey would be hacked since City Folk had hybrid bags only obtainable by hacking. I see that's not the case.

But since it's so rare to get one, it's best just to breed [BB]Blue yourself. It also won't overrun your town with weeds. :)

Last edited:
Hmm, does this apply to blue violets in terms of breeding a pair that will only produce blue. Seems like I always get a lot of purple spawns with my current ones.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was curious about this too because my blue roses came from my old cycling town where they naturally spawned from other flowers and they only ever produce blue roses as well as you said.

Last edited:
To get hybrid flower bags don't wake up Leif. Pull all the weeds and save/continue. Wake up Leif and if you pull all of the weeds Leif will start mentioning that weeds need to be pulled but than says there are no weeds. You'll get a hybrid bag that is random.

If Leif wakes up and says there are more weeds, write down the amount and leave the game without saving. Start it back up and pull that amount. Wake Leif up again and you'll get the hybrid bag. I have about 5 hybrid bags from Leif using this method.

I've gotten blue roses using The Forbidden Blue Rose youtube video set up. Orange/Purple make maybe hybrid red rose. Placed those maybe hybrid red rose in a different spot and watered them. It took 6 weeks and I got my 1st blue rose. I played in real time and waited for them to grow. Once you get 2 blue roses they grow like weeds. If they slow down take 3 blue roses and put them in a different spot. I made 4 patches of 3 blue roses and got new blue rose in each patch. Main town is full of them now.

Ooh, that's very interesting! I never knew that! :eek:
Then again I never could get Leif to weed my town, as he always says there's not too much weeds...

Hmm, does this apply to blue violets in terms of breeding a pair that will only produce blue. Seems like I always get a lot of purple spawns with my current ones.

Unfortunately, Blue Violets are as unstable as Pink and orange flowers. Not much you can do about that... Although I've experimented withe Blue+Yellow Violets, and find the chances of getting more blues with them is nearly the same as Blue+Blue.

Well, that's probably a coincidence on my part.

Good thread, & I've taken note, never have bred blue roses, partly as haven't got the patience for it & I'm a real slow player.
I'll have another go given the info in ackawai's posts.

Blue violets tho - no problem at all with - just have white & purple lining my paths & blue pop up all the time - so I presume its a cross of white & purple (taken from butterfly & gardening tours) are giving me the blue.
I've not had any luck with using yellow violets as part of the pairing, not have I spawned anything from a blue-blue pairing. But I've not really tried, white-purple breed them easily.

The special hybrid red roses needed to make blue is common knowledge.

Took me a month of TT'g but I got my legit blue roses. Now I have tons of them.

Don't buy them from here. They are most likely hacked. Hacked blue roses will only produce white roses.

More satisfying to get them yourself. No matter how tedious the method..

Back