• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

periods

Like I say, even men have their own problems. We guys get erections, and they can hurt too.
jgdfshygdfgsgh how is that related to any of this cant you just be glad you dont have to go thru having periods instead of trying to prove that u experience painful things as well............

Periods used to be really bad for me when I was younger (around the time I just started having them). Like... lay on the floor in so much pain and it would be even worse when I walked around. >_> I pretty much needed to take medicine for the pain when it was that bad.

Now when I have them they don't hurt as much and only hurt on the first day when it starts. I don't normally take medicine for it anymore now.

I didn't mean time, I meant why do they actually cramp (as in biological definition). But I now know how much it hurts.

Like I say, even men have their own problems. We guys get erections, and they can hurt too.

They absolutely should not be painful lmfao.

Wow over 100 replies in 2 days! (Not very surprised though since this forum mostly has females)

*i mean people with periods oops sorry

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, what actually causes them to cramp when there is a period going on?

I read somewhere that it has something to do with the muscles in the uterus pushing the blood out that makes it hurt, but that could be another false thing my mom told me (idk where exactlyyy I heard it from) but it mostly seems like it's because the uterus walls are shredding, shredding the blood attached for them for a few days which does sound quite painful doesn't it

I didn't think a *person without a period* would be so interested in this. Good to know you're not very grossed out! ((but still kinda odd))

Last edited:
I wonder, what part of the period actually causes cramping? And how much do they hurt compared to other pains (like if something hits your foot when falling)?

I agree with the others that it depends on the person. If i do have cramps they're usually while I'm ovulating and they aren't painful but more an annoying warm feeling

Wow over 100 replies in 2 days! (Not very surprised though since this forum mostly has females)

*i mean people with periods oops sorry

- - - Post Merge - - -

I read somewhere that it has something to do with the muscles in the uterus pushing the blood out that makes it hurt, but that could be another false thing my mom told me (idk where exactlyyy I heard it from) but it mostly seems like it's because the uterus walls are shredding, shredding the blood attached for them for a few days which does sound quite painful doesn't it

I didn't think a *person without a period* would be so interested in this. Good to know you're not very grossed out! ((but still kinda odd))

Discussion is one thing, but seeing it, I do not want to. But discussion of some of the male processes (like nocturnal emissions) would gross out every female. That’s something women do not want to know about.

I've always wondered something, how do yall deal with Periods and School/Work?

Like with the cramps and bleeding that come with it... it seems rather tricky for one to deal with them both...

Last edited:
They absolutely should not be painful lmfao.

They do hurt, but it’s not as bad as stepping on a Lego. But that part I bolded, I would like to point out that any variation of “lmao” is very rude, and it makes me uncomfortable when someone on the forums use that abbreviation.

I've always wondered something, how do you girls deal with Periods and School/Work?

Pretty easily, Most girls will take pain killers, and birth control is also used to manage the timing and how heavy the period is. Starting birth control at around 14/15 is not very unusual here, since the prices are not high like in america. Some girls however have very very heavy periods, and even with all these things its still very hard to do work/school/etc.

Birth control basically makes there be less lining on the uterus, so less period to deal with. All the same, I'm pretty guilty of taking a day off sometimes if my periods are very bad. Periods can have other problems too, like IBS or even vomitting. It all depends on the individual.

Like with the cramps and bleeding that come with it... it seems rather tricky for one to deal with them both...

I can't say for everyone who has a period, but for me, my period is just an extra burden to deal with throughout the day for a week. I don't mean a burden as in "oh it's too much I can't do anything," but as in needing to change my pad every few hours, standing up from my chair after an hour and hoping that blood didn't spill out onto my pants, and having to deal with cramps at some times throughout the day. It isn't something that gets in the way of school or work...most of the time.

They do hurt, but it?s not as bad as stepping on a Lego. But that part I bolded, I would like to point out that any variation of ?lmao? is very rude, and it makes me uncomfortable when someone on the forums use that abbreviation.

Hey my boyfriend has some advice for you, He says, and I quote;

"if your boners hurt you jerk off too much
well known fact"

So maybe you should deal with that, for medical reasons.

That?s a very compassionate question that most people (without periods) rarely consider.

The bleeding is usually so easily managed that it doesn?t interfere with my daily routine. However, I will unashamedly take a day off to just stay in bed. I don?t have to and can push through it if necessary, but most classwork can easily be made up, and I see no reason to suffer.

I think as a society we just have this expectation that women have to deal with it and not make exceptions for their period, but that?s total bs. Unless other people depend on me and my work, I deserve the rest and comfort just as much as someone who is sick for the day.

I honestly believe less women would hate having their period if they felt justified in giving themselves the time and care they need during that time :3

Why does this thread even exist lmao

This is one of the most uncomforting thing I've ever come across on this site.

Last edited:

Well, I understand why some people would like to discuss it. Especially those who are younger and find it hard to deal with. I think this just supports them a bit and stuff.

Though I'm not one to talk here, too awkward for me, thank you xD

lol then don't freaking read it then????????? literally this happens to every girl every month. it's normal. that's pretty insensitive for you to call it uncomfortable especially when u don't even deal w it.....

lol then don't freaking read it then????????? literally this happens to every girl every month. it's normal. that's pretty insensitive for you to call it uncomfortable especially when u don't even deal w it.....

And it's pretty ignorant of you to say I don't deal with it because you apparently don't know that I'm an 18 year old girl lmao

Discussion is one thing, but seeing it, I do not want to. But discussion of some of the male processes (like nocturnal emissions) would gross out every female. That’s something women do not want to know about.

oh my god dfhdfhdhg make a thread about it if you feel like your Male™ Problems are so ignored lmao

They do hurt, but it’s not as bad as stepping on a Lego. But that part I bolded, I would like to point out that any variation of “lmao” is very rude, and it makes me uncomfortable when someone on the forums use that abbreviation.

editing this to make it sound nicer but Wow Buddy this is really sad

u could just ignore it instead of adding on to the stigma of periods haha

i hate this website

Last edited:
they suck and can go burn in hell.

legit mine are never normal, or on time, sometimes i do nothing but spot, sometimes i bleed for 40 days and 40 nights and flood the entire world... i rarely get cramps thankfully but when i do they're like... killer cramps... like keeling over in pain, unable to move kind.

Back