• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

periods

I had my period once in January, once again in July, and I haven't had it since....lmAO OH WEll

you might wanna go see a doctor or something, buddy

and for me, periods aren't bad. I only get cramps on the first day, and then until the cycle ends I'm fine. unless I get them right before I'm about to sleep, then I stay awake for hours because of the pain

sometimes I wish I was a guy but only for that reason lol

since I'm on birth control my periods are p regular now, I only bleed for around 5 days. however I do break out a little bit before I get my period and it's annoying but my birth control really helped control everything lol. i use to get my period for like 10 days on, 10 days off and then 10 days on again it was irregular

I hear far more from girls who say "boys it's natural stop saying it's gross" than I hear from boys saying that it's gross.

I hear far more from girls who say "boys it's natural stop saying it's gross" than I hear from boys saying that it's gross.

I'm the kind to say it's gross and put my hands of my hears and lalalalalalalalala.

Apart that it doesn't affect me much, no cramps, no mood swing, maybe just weaker legs and a bit more sweaty...and craving sweets.

Ugh, I've had cramps for the past week and it hasn't started yet. I'm not sexually active so....
WHERE IS IT.
Not complaining, I'm just worried it'll come at the most inconvenient time.
I hate feeling disgusting.

then i guess we are around different kinds of people. any time something that's even remotely related to periods comes up in conversation soo many cis guys will start acting like youre talking about having extremely bad explosive diarrhea right at this very moment. if they're not grossed out they are super awkward and uncomfortable about it.
and they're so often really ignorant and uninformed. i had a male PE teacher who thought it was a good idea to let the people who didnt swim when everyone else did because they were on their period (which they told him about????) swim four weeks later bc you jave to swim to pass the class..

another funny thing was in 9th grade when i told a boy that he was being disgusting and making ppl uncomfortable when he made degrading sexual jokes and comments(/"comebacks" lmao) and he actually said something along the lines of "im disgusting?? well, at least i dont bleed out of my vagina every month!" ..... like, that was a thing he said....... he, a fifteen year old boy, thought that that was a good comeback ...

i think the "omg ew!!!!" thing is worse w younger boys but Yea my experience w cis men and periods is really uhh negative

Last edited:
then i guess we are around different kinds of people. any time something that's even remotely related to periods comes up in conversation soo many cis guys will start acting like youre talking about having extremely bad explosive diarrhea right at this very moment. if they're not grossed out they are super awkward and uncomfortable about it.
and they're so often really ignorant and uninformed. i had a male PE teacher who thought it was a good idea to let the people who didnt swim when everyone else did because they were on their period (which they told him about????) swim four weeks later bc you jave to swim to pass the class..

another funny thing was in 9th grade when i told a boy that he was being disgusting and making ppl uncomfortable when he made degrading sexual jokes and comments(/"comebacks" lmao) and he actually said something along the lines of "im disgusting?? well, at least i dont bleed out of my vagina every month!" ..... like, that was a thing he said....... he, a fifteen year old boy, thought that that was a good comeback ...

i think the "omg ew!!!!" thing is worse w younger boys but Yea my experience w cis men and periods is really uhh negative

I know. :( the guys at my school are like that. 15 year guys are some of the dumbest people I've ever met.
HOLY FRICK I FORGOT WE HAVE A SWIM UNIT LATER HALP.

I know. :( the guys at my school are like that. 15 year guys are some of the dumbest people I've ever met.
HOLY FRICK I FORGOT WE HAVE A SWIM UNIT LATER HALP.

if your teacher is male u could say that youre on your period, many will be too scared or uncomfortable to ask any questions or be like "just use a tampon" like the female PE teacher at my last school always said ):

honestly, I just wear darker underwear and spandex so the pad doesn't shift around as I'm walking and trying to sit down.

I'm so glad that I don't have to worry about this. Since I'm a male, I never experienced this. But we have our problems too.

Like what? Because I honestly can't think of anything.

Anyway the people who are grossed out by it are immature and you probably shouldn't be around them anyway

I'm a girl, but dude. Gross. WHY DO GIRLS TALK ABOUT THIS??? WHYYYYY?????

I'm old enough to not be offended by it anymore, so sure! Got mine with 10 which is super messed up tbh and it's even worse that a decade later the first day is still incredibly painful. Luckily after a decade of regular pain it doesn't affect my life anymore. I'm actually getting my period soon, I already have premature cramps (why :c) and my face looks terrible. Caaaaaaaan't wait! x.x

I actually got my first period with my best friend (who was 12 at the time, very poor for her as well) and we were usually synced up. It's so weird that this happens.

In school my friends would always call it a "strawberry week", I really don't get why my friends made such a big fuss about it. Our literal translation is "I have my days", so why change it to such an awkward phrase?

I still remember being really afraid of periods as a little kid. Having to bleed regularly for decades sounded awful as a kid. It still is to be honest, but now it's more of a minor inconvience.

Overall, the bleeding is a gross inconvience, but the cramps are the actual problem. So much pain. :w:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a girl, but dude. Gross. WHY DO GIRLS TALK ABOUT THIS??? WHYYYYY?????

i'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not lmao. why wouldn't we talk about something that happens every month. that's pretty normal and relatable.

as for me, it's mostly the cramps/fatigue/general uncomfortable-ness that makes getting periods really annoying. >__> mine is still pretty irregular so it'll come out of nowhere. changing pads is also pretty gross sometimes. i think tampons are easier and cleaner. i don't think having periods is necessary in the modern world anymore. i'll be starting birth control soon so thank god (or not if god was real thanks for this worthless bodily mechanism).

My period first started in 5th grade...
Ridiculously heavy and the Japan flag was on my skirt...
Thank the Lord I had the excuse of I leaned on wet paint through quick thinking and a wet paint sign on a wall. Very opaque paint u.u"

Talking about periods is a good thing! We all go through it and I've found it can be really helpful in determining if any severe pain or other symptoms one may experience are normal or if it's something that needs a doctor's opinion.

Anyway, I'm on birth control, so mine are pretty light and only last about 3 days. Prior to that, they were EXTREMELY heavy and obnoxious, though I didn't suffer from bad cramps due to my schedule of working out every morning. Even when you feel like you're dying and don't want to do anything but lie in bed, I promise you'll feel 100% better if you get up and go for a quick jog! Before I got really into fitness though... yeah. I'd get cramps bad enough that I'd want to rip out my uterus and run it over with my car a few times.

Actually on it right now ^^; Mine have been pretty regular (maybe cuz I'm a late bloomer and got my period in 2015) and are usually only heavy for around the first 2-3 days, and then it just eases off. Though I do get cramps during the first few days, usually in the morning, and they suuuuuck =.=

- - - Post Merge - - -

Talking about periods is a good thing! We all go through it and I've found it can be really helpful in determining if any severe pain or other symptoms one may experience are normal or if it's something that needs a doctor's opinion.

Anyway, I'm on birth control, so mine are pretty light and only last about 3 days. Prior to that, they were EXTREMELY heavy and obnoxious, though I didn't suffer from bad cramps due to my schedule of working out every morning. Even when you feel like you're dying and don't want to do anything but lie in bed, I promise you'll feel 100% better if you get up and go for a quick jog! Before I got really into fitness though... yeah. I'd get cramps bad enough that I'd want to rip out my uterus and run it over with my car a few times.

I agree with the exercise! Usually if you move around actively for a small period of time it makes the cramps lessen. I remember during swim season that whenever I got my period it was a lot lighter, and during the league meet I had terrible cramps that only lessened because either I went in the water to warm up for a race or actually competed in one of my races ^^; It's weird but it works.

Like what? Because I honestly can't think of anything.

You don't even want to know. They aren't as painful or as gruesome, but it's even grosser than blood and bathroom stuff.

Now on the subject of periods, I know what happens, but after hearing about the cramping thing, it makes me feel lucky that I was born male.

Last edited:
I get mine very irregularly. Usually 3-6 months between each one. Don't feel jealous though, because when they do happen, it's hell on earth. I get extremely debilitating cramps, heavy flow, and it usually last longer than a week. I've even had cramps so bad they made me puke just from the pain I was in.

I don't take birth control 'cause I know of the other health risks that come with it. I just take a lot of pain meds when it happens and curl up with a hot water bottle.

Back