• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

periods

mine can get really bad and cramps are usually in the first three days of my period. pain meds deal with most of the cramps, and if i still feel them it's bearable.
everything else is horribly uncomfortable. my least favorite thing is when your appetite starts acting up and you either gag at the thought of eating or just can't stop snacking. also when you have to miss out on things it's a real bummer.

I need vent my frustration at my mother quickly:

Apparently she never had any strong discomfort relating to her period, so when I got mine and was in misery, she never once told me that I could take painkillers. In fact, her omission of that just led me to flat-out accept that they somehow wouldn?t work for cramps.

It wasnt until this year that I realized there was some relief to be found. That was after ten years of suffering *grumble*

As a dude who went through having periods, they were a huge pain to deal with and suffer through. Lucky me, I got on blockers so now I don't have to worry about them anymore. That goes for cramps, too.

i dont get cramps but it just feels disgusting and uncomfortable lmao

and for me it lasts about 3 days tbh god bless

Last edited:
Migraines. Oh god, the migraines :( My emotions usually go out of whack, too. Lots of crying.

Id like to take birth control manipulation & only getting four periods a year amen

Mine started the same day I commented on this thread, lol.

I feel pretty lucky lol, I don't mind my periods much. They're light nowadays since I'm on the pill. My only problem is that I'm anemic and my blood pressure is through the floor anyways, it just gets a bit lower when I'm on my period. I also have a chronic pain disorder so - essentially, being on or off my period is the exact same lmfao.

I don't mind it though, being a man or being a woman, I'd much rather be a cute girl :p

So I'll take my periods if I gotta.

Lately instead of normal cramps I've been getting back pain. Like, so bad I can't walk. It was so painful one day that I passed out and then lay in bed totally out of it for 2 hours. Now I'm so afraid of that happening again that I just take a bunch of advil first thing in the morning whenever I have my period.

Ugh, I've had cramps for the past week and it hasn't started yet. I'm not sexually active so....
WHERE IS IT.
Not complaining, I'm just worried it'll come at the most inconvenient time.
I hate feeling disgusting.

Oh. There it is!

- - - Post Merge - - -

if your teacher is male u could say that youre on your period, many will be too scared or uncomfortable to ask any questions or be like "just use a tampon" like the female PE teacher at my last school always said ):

Yeah, we're allowed to skip 3 days, but since that's not enough time I'll probably just get a note.

Ok I need 2 period rant pls

my first question is why do we have such bad cramps? Like ok hormones but why that bad? I feel bad for women back in the very old ages, how did they control this?? I mean ok if we can't reabsorb the blood then ya take it out but don't kill us! Jeez we can't have babies 24/7 what even is the point? I get the process and everything but I don't get why it all has to happen, like we should be able to choose when to have babies our body shouldn't kill us if we don't have one every minute of our lives. Hopefully someone in the future science can get rid of this problem and let us live in peace lol

I want 2 die

do answer your highlighted question, your period doesn't hurt because of hormonal resets. (when you have your cycle you have about 48 hormonal resets monthly which is why emotions, and reactions and things can feel so out of wack but the actual cramping is the uterus contracting and shedding it's lining because you're not pregnant. (ultimately thats what the blood is from.) cramps can vary depending on lots of factors but i've found heat to help mine. (i'm a trans male and am not on HRT so i still experience my cycle monthly) some cramping factors are also genetic and can be based off other health issues, like thyroid problems and other things that have to do with the endocrine system.

- - - Post Merge - - -

also to add onto the above post, different forms of birth control can eliminate your period altogether for a certain amount of time.
IUD's, things like nuva rings, depo shots and the implants can make periods non-existent from 3 months up to 5 years. each has their own form of risks and such but depending on age and where you're at in puberty it's definitely something to discuss with your parents or a doctor.

you might wanna go see a doctor or something, buddy

and for me, periods aren't bad. I only get cramps on the first day, and then until the cycle ends I'm fine. unless I get them right before I'm about to sleep, then I stay awake for hours because of the pain

sometimes I wish I was a guy but only for that reason lol

Eh, I heard it's supposed to be irregular in the beginning idk
I'm happy about it anyway lmfaoo

do answer your highlighted question, your period doesn't hurt because of hormonal resets. (when you have your cycle you have about 48 hormonal resets monthly which is why emotions, and reactions and things can feel so out of wack but the actual cramping is the uterus contracting and shedding it's lining because you're not pregnant. (ultimately thats what the blood is from.) cramps can vary depending on lots of factors but i've found heat to help mine. (i'm a trans male and am not on HRT so i still experience my cycle monthly) some cramping factors are also genetic and can be based off other health issues, like thyroid problems and other things that have to do with the endocrine system.
My mom always said it's because of hormones so I thought that

But really it's only a cup of blood you lose on your period (according to the internet) so why does it hurt that much??

- - - Post Merge - - -

Eh, I heard it's supposed to be irregular in the beginning idk
I'm happy about it anyway lmfaoo
Doesn't it hurt a lot for you though? My aunt has the same problem, about 2 periods a year and every one she gets is hell but 10x worse

i haven't actually said how mine are like

i only got mine a few months ago (late bloomer i know) and i don't actually get a lot of cramps, it is just sooo uncomfortable and i feel like i need a bath at ALL TIMES :(

plus boys when you say that you have struggles when your voice breaks, try having your uterus walls breaking

But really it's only a cup of blood you lose on your period (according to the internet) so why does it hurt that much??

- - - Post Merge - - -

Doesn't it hurt a lot for you though? My aunt has the same problem, about 2 periods a year and every one she gets is hell but 10x worse

I haven't had any pain, luckily

it's the contractions of the uterus that cause pain. think of it as your uterus flexing really really hardly to find of loosen and get rid of the lining clinging to it. it's not the amount of blood loss that hurts, it's the process in which the body contracts to shed that lining.

your mom's correct in the idea that a hormone-like substance called prostaglandins is released when your menstrual cycle starts because thats what tell's your body to contract your uterus. but it's not the hormone themselves that are causing the pain. all the cramping is the uterus.

Last edited:
it's the contractions of the uterus that cause pain. think of it as your uterus flexing really really hardly to find of loosen and get rid of the lining clinging to it. it's not the amount of blood loss that hurts, it's the process in which the body contracts to shed that lining.

your mom's correct in the idea that a hormone-like substance called prostaglandins is released when your menstrual cycle starts because thats what tell's your body to contract your uterus. but it's not the hormone themselves that are causing the pain. all the cramping is the uterus.

Ohhhhh ok. Wish someone would properly teach me about my own body lol even school doesn't teach ;-;

trans men can have periods and not all women have them.
ok i know this is an older post on this thread but can i remind yall of this PLEASE. having a uterus =/= being a woman and not having a uterus =/= being a boy. so please stop saying "uwu boys have it easy" or "wow sux to be a girl xD" please and thank you. if you still want to say that some ppl have it easier just be like "must be nice not to have periods" or "wow it must suck to have periods" instead

tbh this is one of the things that REALLY pisses me off about period products / marketing. theyre always described as UWU FEMENINE care and if you just LOOK at the pacakging theyre always covered in flowers or hearts or otherwise steryotypical femenine things.

Back