Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
So, my usual start to making a house is planning the "theme" of each room, which varies in difficulty depending on how large I feel like making the rooms and the overall theme of the house. Then I go through ALL of the furniture, floors, and wallpapers on Moridb to make a list of things I might use. Then I blue print it out on paper before purchasing and placing everything. That's my process. (It's like the one thing in my life I'm super tedious and organized about XD)

So I have been planning out my spooky/haunted house, and I knew for sure I wanted to do a library maze room, a witches "kitchen", and a spooky basement but that's all I had going so far. So I moved to step 2, browsing Moridb, and I got hit in the face with a BRILLIANT IDEA OH MY GLOB! I came across the storm drain and I thought, I can totally put a red balloon by it and make it like an "It" reference.

Now I am totally taking my vague "basement" idea, and I'm going to make an "It" themed basement, with a red balloon, and a little 'stage' and a "Pennywise the dancing clown" sign. Probably toss in a few skeletons here and there and a drippy pail so it'll have the dripping water noise. Maybe add in pipes and stuff to make it seem sewer-y and a few custom creepy design on the walls, AND HOLY COW I AM SO STOKED!

Have you ever been hit with inspiration like that for a room you didn't know what to do with?

Sometimes it takes me forever to find out a way to fill a whole 8x8 room because it seems small until you put a whole set in a room and it's still so empty. So yeah, now I am totally pumped to blueprint it out on paper and then order the furniture I need.

Last edited:
I really like your idea, I think it will look great! It's perfect for this Hallowe'en :D
Inspiration hits for me when I'm going through drawers of hoarded items and I find a way to bring them together. At the moment I have quite a few bare rooms that need some creativity.

Thanks so much! I actually thought now to use the scattered papers and make the missing posters!

And I do that too, I'll order tons of stuff I want to use and stash it away and try it everywhere it might fit. XD Like I really want to work in the giant clock you can get from Blathers somewhere into my house, but it's so big!!

That's going to be amazing, I've just recently started making lists of furniture I need per character I'm on the lowww end of the decorating spectrum but really your themed basement sounds amazing and so topical.

Recently I accidentally made a basement instead of expanding my attic and I hand-wrung a bit because I didn't even have a plan for what that would be but I decided to make it an altar room and then it all came together. I had a lot of stuff on my furniture wishlist for the character already that would be perfect for that setting so I'm looking forward to slowly building up my catalog. (I'm a lazy player and it takes me forever to do things.)

An "IT" room is such a great idea! :) I'm looking forward to seeing your dream town when it's all done.

Maybe the newsprint helmet could be in the room somewhere--it looks like the paper boat that Georgie has. (They kept that scene in the new movie, right? I've only seen the original, and read the book.)

When you realize with glass partitions you can make tbr squid sister studio ;3
P_20170926_001249_HL.jpg

Omg I would love to visit your basement (does that sound weird?)

I think one of the creepiest rooms I've seen was from some random person I streetpassed. All it was was a giant empty room but in the middle there was a laptop on the floor with a pickle jar in front of it. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

That’s such a creative idea :eek: i usually clutter up rooms with random aesthetic garbage until it matches the vision in my head ahaha

The paper hat is a great idea! I was thinking of what to use in place of it. Thanks for the idea! Athelwyn. I totally used the QR maker to make a creepy pennywise QR and now I'm putting it on to some Alpine panels to have hidden around. Probably going to make some "we all float down here" or "you'll float too" signs to have around as well. So much customization but it'll be worth it!

I kind of just clutter things around and see what looks good together. Every room is different. Just like my town, I don't map things out or have any trails or whatever. I have natural paths that I run over quite a bit to make them defined. I like a natural forest-y look.

Back