No 9th villager after plot resetting several times?

Thair

among the pines
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
4014-2643-5142
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Okay, so there's a problem. Or it's very common and I just don't know this can happen.
Anyway, my town was due for its 9th villager to put down their plot today. So I started with a new character to plot reset. Didn't like the first placement, so I restarted. And again. I think I plot-resetted 4 times and still didn't like it. When I made a new character for the 5th time however, there was no new plot to be found in town. Same with the 6th and 7th time.
Do I just need to reset more and hope a new plot will turn up or have I "missed" my chance for a new villager today somehow?
I just don't want to play with my mayor now in fear they will suddenly plot again haha ^^"

Maybe you didn't check the entire town and you need to keep plot resetting?

My town is pretty barren so I'm sure I checked everywhere. But I'm going to follow your advice and keep resetting. Is it possible for a villager to take longer to plot than all the others did?

Perhaps the game has delayed the villager another day? You could either wait until tomorrow or change the time manually in the settings.

if it's a holiday or something i think sometimes that can cause a delay, not 100% sure, but I've had villagers who didn't show up the day they were supposed to. If you're absolutely sure you checked every possible corner then I would tt a day.

Perhaps the game has delayed the villager another day? You could either wait until tomorrow or change the time manually in the settings.

Agree, have several towns & the villagers don't always appear on the same day (the 6th villager up to & incl the 9th) - there is a little bit of 'give'.

If the OP starts with a new save file and is certain there is no villager plot, then save with that new save file to 'set' the game.
Then you are safe to load with the Mayor.

If you don't save with the new save file, then when you load with the Mayor you could have a villager plot showing.

Alternatively you can keep resetting without saving and see if you get a villager plotting.

Usually I just gave up, saved the new save file with no new villager at all. Played the day with the Mayor, & also deleted the new save file/character I had made.
The next ingame day I started the process again . (starting with a new save file).
I change time in system settings, prior to loading the game.

Last edited:
I resetted a few more times now and it seems that the plot just shows up whenever. Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't. I'm sure I checked very possible corner so I'm guessing that it's random.

If they have already shown plots then do not TT a day. What I'm understanding is that you couldn't find the plot after resetting so many times. My guess is you are overlooking where they plotted those few times. It happens.
Once you've seen they've plotted (you said you did four times?), I've never seen it just not continue to plot no matter how many resets you did.
So do not TT forward if that's the case or you may end up with them in a bad spot. Reset again and go over your whole map very carefully even in areas like behind he town hall and etc.

I agree - you do have to check really carefully if you can't find a villager plot. But it happened more than once that when plot resetting, sometimes I'd get a villager plot and sometimes not. Have several towns.

Keep resetting. It's likely that you missed the plot somewhere. I had the same problem recently. The plot kept appearing behind a row of trees where I didn't think there was enough space.

Back