What were your favorite childhood video games?

Pok?mon Red. SO. MUCH. POK?MON RED. It just completely blew my little child mind, haha. (I?ve never really stopped playing that~)

Aside from that, Space Invaders on my dad?s old Atari 2600 and Lion King on my sis?s old Sega Genesis II, as those were the only systems and games I had access to back then. Later, however, I became completely obsessed with Zelda Ocarina of Time + Majora?s Mask and Pok?mon Stadium 1 + 2 when I got a N64 for christmas from my grandpa. I?m still happy about that and can?t thank him enough :D

Last edited:
I played many games in my childhood, which are still my favorites. There are various GameCube games
such as Kirby Air Ride, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart Double Dash, Luigi's Mansion, Sonic Adventure
1 + 2 Battle which I played very often. Then there are also the Crash Bandicoot games for the Playstation
one in which I spent lots of hours. I also loved the Sonic and Pokemon games for the Game Boy Advance
as well as various games for the Nintendo DS such as Animal Crossing Wild World, Nintendogs and so on.

Last edited:
The Sims 2, RollerCoaster Tycoon 2, Animal Crossing Wild World, Crash Bandicoot: Warped, RuneScape...

I'd have to say the Petz games were some of my favorites (the old, original Catz & Dogz 3-5 that were cartoony, rather than the newer, more realistic ones). I got pretty involved in the online community back then. I also adored Ecoquest 2: Lost Secret of the Rainforest, The Longest Journey, and Kings Quest VII: The Princeless Bride. I mostly played on the PC, since the consoles were my brother's, but I did have some games for them that I really enjoyed, like Harvest Moon and Link's Awakening on the gameboy. We also played The Secret of Mana together, which was really fun. I'm looking forward to the remake of that which is coming out soon!

Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland
Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald
Super Mario World 2 Advance
Final Fantasy VI

I loved my GBA! ♥

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'd have to say the Petz games were some of my favorites (the old, original Catz & Dogz 3-5 that were cartoony, rather than the newer, more realistic ones). I got pretty involved in the online community back then. I also adored Ecoquest 2: Lost Secret of the Rainforest, The Longest Journey, and Kings Quest VII: The Princeless Bride. I mostly played on the PC, since the consoles were my brother's, but I did have some games for them that I really enjoyed, like Harvest Moon and Link's Awakening on the gameboy. We also played The Secret of Mana together, which was really fun. I'm looking forward to the remake of that which is coming out soon!

I loved Petz 4! We had another one but 4 was the main one I played. I don't know why it was so much fun. But changing the background in the Playroom? That blew my mind as a child.

Last edited:
I can't remember the name of the game, but it was a Hello Kitty game and you went around a city and played minigames and stuff.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I JUST GOOGLED IT AND IT'S CALLED HELLO KITTY: BIG CITY DREAMS

My childhood was largely spent on N64. IMO the creative designs and straight up fun ideas rival anything out today simply in quality, but, I'm kinda biased so, eh.
Mario Kart 64, Beetle Adventure Racing, Diddy Kong Racing, Crusin' USA, Penny Racers, I liked racing games back then, while pretty much anything with conflict in it scared me away. I eventually warmed up to the likes of Super Mario 64, and Super Mario World.
Even after that, I warmed up to Pokemon and Smash Melee. And Mario Party was a big deal.
Lots of memories there.
(Edit, adding to the list, I don't think about them as much, but there were the computer games Lemmings, and Chip's Challenge. Interestingly enough, Chip's Challenge finally got its sequel only recently after being teased well over a decade, if not two.)

Last edited:
When I had my GBA SP, I played a lot of Pokemon Sapphire, Pokemon FireRed, Yoshi’s Island, Super Mario World
When I got my DS Lite, I played a lot of Mario Kart, Super Mario 64, Animal Crossing Wild World, Cooking Mama, Pokemon HeartGold, Pokemon Black
For PS2, I played a lot of Gran Turismo 4 and Need for Speed Most Wanted

wild world was actually my first game

other childhood games were superstar saga, bowsers inside story, pokemon black, cooking mama, earthbound, and kind of mother 3

Back