• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Milk first or cereal first?

Milk first or cereal first?

• Total voters
cereal first for me! i know my boyfriend puts milk in first and i was like ??? what are you doing? but he told me it's because he doesn't like his cereal to get soggy so he pours a bit, eats it and continues that process so it's never soggy.

What sort of heathen even thinks about putting milk first? What if you overestimate and you put in too much milk so when you put your cereal in, the bowl overflows? These are the things you risk when you try to make cereal the wrong way.

Cereal first. The first time I ever made my own cereal though I put the milk first, but my mom told me that was the wrong way to do it, and now I always put cereal first. I actually thought about which made more sense to put first, and I thought it made more sense to put milk first, and I also thought that was the way my mom did it so that's also why I did that, but I was wrong about that.

When I was younger I used to mix it up with which was first and in doing that I found that adding the cereal first was a lot better. The reason for me is that I sometimes pour the cereal in to fast and then I have way to much in the bowl but sense it already had milk in it I can't put it back.

So after that experience I always add the cereal in first then the milk.

Cereal first... so that way I get more cereal. If you pour the milk first you get less cereal.

Cereal first. I guess I understand the appeal if you prefer crispier cereal or something, but I personally Crave That Soggy Cereal

Putting milk first is weird to me. :/ Seems messy. Pouring the cereal in it would make the milk potentially splatter around. Side note, warm milk is nasty to me. Has to be cold.

Back