Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Yellow Rose
Easter Egg
Sakura Easter Egg
Pikachu Easter Egg
Tasty Cake
Does anyone else make "homes" or "rooms" for the NPC's to live in? My arts and culture tourist town gave up one of their museum rooms for Celeste and Blathers, but I just made another town and I'm tempted to challenge myself and see if I can squeeze in all of the permanent NPCs.

I like to make little apartments within a full "room" (8 by 8 spaces) and with enough finagling, I can squeeze in 3 "bedrooms", a bathroom, a kitchen area, and maybe a couch/living area within that space (can you tell I spend too much time on this game). Does anyone else do this? With the new WA items, it would be so much fun :)

Random thoughts:

- I feel like Kicks and KK and maybe Dr. Shrunk would have a little bachelor pad littered with records, empty redbull cans, converses, and music equipment.
- I could totally see Harriet, Luna, and Katrina having a hipster witchy organic beauty vibe going on (those perfume bottles!)
- Brewster and Leif could split a place in town and have plants and the nicest espresso machine known to man
- Isabelle and Digby would definitely share a place, and I feel like Lottie would move in with them so she didn't have to live with her bro

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

These are so cute aaaahhhh!!!! I totally want to do design some NPC houses soon. I?ve personally always headcanoned that they live in attics/basements of their place of work, idk it just seemed logical to me. :p

Last edited:
Aww, this is such a cute idea! I've never thought to do it :D You can get very creative while designing these!

I've designed a bedroom for Blathers and Celeste in my museum. For other NPCs like Dr. Shrunk or shopowners, I assumed they lived in some attic or back room of their business. KK seems like a wandering soul type to me who sleeps under the stars ;)

I feel like isabel prob creeps in my house while i'm asleep and naps on my spare couches and beds

Haha, that's a really cute idea. The NPC's are probably better than us lowly regular villagers tbh. They wouldn't want to live with us in our crappy ol' town. You can't tell me that the millions of bells Tom Nook has swindled from me that he doesn't live in a house that look the Gracie's Emporium. Or the ridiculous prices that Gracie charges that her house isn't a mansion too LOL.

There are apartments on top and behind of tom nooks, you know, the big gray building that's all the shops are set into.
Those are all apartments. I think Isabelle and Digby share one, the Able sisters have another, Tom Nooks is right above his store, with his nephews. Lyles apartment is facing the sea, Shrunk travels home, so does Charlotte and Harriet.
And there's a large basement under retail.
Main_street.jpg
And Harvey has his own cabin and Cap'n goes home to his tropical island.

^That's interesting, I never considered those ideas :D It's fun to think about!
Although, I've never caught Kapp'n away from his post, even at the wee hours of the night.
Maybe he can always sense you coming ;)

^That's interesting, I never considered those ideas :D It's fun to think about!
Although, I've never caught Kapp'n away from his post, even at the wee hours of the night.
Maybe he can always sense you coming ;)

It's a game.

We know he's always there.

She was just sharing imagination.

Last edited:
i've always wondered this. i like to pretend that right outside of your town there's some apartments or at least a little neighborhood where the NPCs live and they commute to your town for work. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

There are apartments on top and behind of tom nooks, you know, the big gray building that's all the shops are set into.
Those are all apartments. I think Isabelle and Digby share one, the Able sisters have another, Tom Nooks is right above his store, with his nephews. Lyles apartment is facing the sea, Shrunk travels home, so does Charlotte and Harriet.
And there's a large basement under retail.
View attachment 209494
And Harvey has his own cabin and Cap'n goes home to his tropical island.

oh this is so cute, i love this idea!!
hc that aside from the characters who own shops w set times, characters like kapp'n and isabelle that always seem to be there are only working when you're online, and go home when you're not on. they have irregular hours :/

It's a game.

We know he's always there.

She was just sharing imagination.

She wasn't being mean, and I didn't take it as mean, I'm ok with people's opinions on my delusions.
I'm pretty mellow.
Maybe he has a beeper. Or esp. Or hidden cameras. o_O LOL!
At any rate, I hope he get's overtime for sitting there.:blush:

- - - Post Merge - - -

i've always wondered this. i like to pretend that right outside of your town there's some apartments or at least a little neighborhood where the NPCs live and they commute to your town for work. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh this is so cute, i love this idea!!
hc that aside from the characters who own shops w set times, characters like kapp'n and isabelle that always seem to be there are only working when you're online, and go home when you're not on. they have irregular hours :/

Been there, worked that, they need paid vacations.

This sounds so cute! I particularly love the idea of Shrunk, Kicks and K.K. I think they'd make pretty good friends. I do sometimes wonder if NPCs would ever actually make contact with each other. E.G Would Reese ever talk to Kapp'n? Would Shrunk ever talk to Blathers? Things like that are really interesting to me, and not going to lie, I do fantasize about it when I play Desert Island Escape, as it's pretty much the only way to see characters like this together.

Such an interesting idea, and I think you've picked excellent NPC collections. Would love to see pictures if you put this into action.

Isabelle doesn't go home. She doesn't sleep. She just stands in the town hall, loyal and ready to perform her duties. Always waiting, always watching. A l w a y s . . .

I have happy home designer and I designed homes for most npcs, so I just imagine that after their work hours they go to a town just close to mine and they live in those houses I designed for them xD Also in HHD you can create mansions with so many spacious rooms, it’s really cool!!

Last edited:
Back