• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Does anyone else read Fanfiction?

BlueOceana

Let us ride the waves!
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
2238-9094-9026
Purple Violet
White Violet
White Lily
User Title Color Change
So, if I'm not playing Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing I'm reading Fanfiction. Does anyone else read it too? And if so what do you read? I read a lot of Yaoi, and if you are wondering my gender I'm female. My favorite fandom's to read about are FFVII, Kingdom Hearts, Harvest Moon, Inuyasha, Magi, Naruto, and Yuri on Ice. Also, does anyone IRL know you read it? Only my twin cousins and my best friend, who knows more then anyone else knows I read it. I usually read stuff on the mature side so my dad or brother don't know, if they did they would never be able to look at me the same again, Lmfao. I just basically wanted to make a thread to talk to other people who also read it. So just let me know your thoughts! ;)

Oh **** this brings back memories...I used to read Smosh fanfiction. UGHHHHHH CRINGING SO HARDDD!!!

but yeah nah fanfic is cool

Last edited:
I write it sometimes. The Rune Factory fandom lacks content for my favorite ship (actually it prettty much lacks all content lmao) so I have to create some quality cringe content for myself.:cool:

Yes, I do/did. I don't do it quite as much as I did because I spend most of my time playing video games and reading manga.

Not really, I don't really get the point most of the time. Although I've read some pretty shady lizard fetish ones back in the days lol.

No, but I write fanfiction. I've never finished a story, though.

I'm not into it as much as I was before but I did write a couple and have currently some that are planned that will probably never see daylight or release ever again.

I used to read a ton of Hunger Games Fanfiction, but it's not about the actual characters, it's other people submitting characters to an actual Hunger Games and the author basically picks who wins and write about the whole thing from start (Reapings) to finish (Victory Tour).

I found it really interesting because the dynamics and interactions of the characters are awesome before the Games and then during it.

not a fan. especially when its about real people

this. this is important bc it's gross. so gross when it's about real people.
i don't mind BL but if i do read BL it's usually manga and thats it..
too many females i know over sexualize gay men and i think thats really, really damaging.

for the record i'm male if that has any importance in this.

I love fanfiction, provided it's well-written. It's kinda cool to imagine your favorite movie/book/video game from a different perspective.

Last edited:
this. this is important bc it's gross. so gross when it's about real people.
i don't mind BL but if i do read BL it's usually manga and thats it..
too many females i know over sexualize gay men and i think thats really, really damaging.

for the record i'm male if that has any importance in this.

Oh god I remember when like, Johnny's Jpop were really a huge thing here and I think this lady wrote a book about the industry and included some juicy FF parts.. Yeah no don't write about real people.. it gets gross very fast especially if it's yaoi/bl things.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And yeah I think I came across this pretty explicit X JAPAN fanfic about Toshi and Yoshiki. Not gonna post it here because it's obviously adult stuff but yeah... :|

depends really. keyword: depends.

I read some really good mlp ones (the ones where it could actually take place in the show) some that gets more introspective for the side characters (Prince Blueblood will never be the same to me again) and some that doesn't even have any direct dialogue from the main character (Winona? I think it's Applejack's dog)

and then there are some more "question-able" ones (I think there are those kind of people in all fandoms). You all probably know what's in those kinds of content...

Yep, I read fanfiction! I used to be a huge bookworm, but then I shifted from novels to "independent online works" to fanfiction lmao. But I haven't been reading any since summer since I've gotten so busy.

I usually don't read ones about real life people, cause it's lowkey creepy if you think about it, but I do read ones for fandoms of TV shows. Some of the ones that I've been reading for this past year is Voltron and Miraculous Ladybug. I've met some really talented writers because of their works, and I get really excited when they post a new chapter/story or even start working on their own independent novel.

Sometimes fiction can be better than canon since in fanfiction, ngl. It's always so interesting to see how they make the characters "different" in each story, but still keep their core traits or personality. And I like how some fanfiction writers always explore side characters or give new theories in the fandom.

I do, but mainly about my favorite OTP (they're both fictional characters)....But I stay a way from stories that have:

Them or others out of character. (ESPECIALLY THIS ONE!)
Make a certain character a threat to their relationship despite in canon it's never been that way and won't ever be that way.
Killing off a character just to get the ship to work...like come on people.....

Types of Fanfiction I won't read as well:

Real people, no thanks.
Child and Adult romance..WTF is wrong with people!
Divorce or Cheating, like why....A lot of the times these stories aim at canon pairings and if they have kids too, they're either abused (along with their spouse) and mistreated badly. Why not just write an AU that's what they're for...

Last edited:
I used to read a lot more but I still do every once in a while!! I feel weird about it cause I thought I would grow out of it LOL

Back