• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Welcome Amiibo Card Rarity?

Blueskyy

You gotta know that the sky belongs to no one.
Bells
Christmas Candy
Green Star Fragment
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Daisy Easter Egg
Prismatic Easter Egg
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Sakura Easter Egg
Pikachu Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
Sorry if I'm repeating topics but haven't been here in a bit.

I have all 50 cards but most are boring to me. What is the card rarity? Are they still sold in retail stores?

I heard they weren't being sold in the stores anymore since earlier this year.
I'm not sure about the rarity of them.

Well, I buy my amiibos online, and series 1 and 2 are a little more expensive than the other series, so I guess so?

Welcome Amiibo cards are quite rare, at least the RV ones. I can find Series 1-4 at stores online, such as Toys R Us, but the WA and Sanrio cards are near impossible to find at a decent price, most people I see are selling them individually for a lot. :c I found my one WA card pack at Best Buy when they first came out and that's the only one I've seen.

Welcome Amiibo cards are quite rare, at least the RV ones. I can find Series 1-4 at stores online, such as Toys R Us, but the WA and Sanrio cards are near impossible to find at a decent price, most people I see are selling them individually for a lot. :c I found my one WA card pack at Best Buy when they first came out and that's the only one I've seen.

Yeah, they are pretty much out of stock/print here as well, especially since I live in a tiny country where not a lot of people still play it. You can find some of the regular Series cards in certain stores as well as albums if you are lucky but WA/Sanrio I guess you are better off buying second hand from someone, trade here, or get them from Japan.

The Welcome Amiibo cards are probably only sold in Japan, even though they're highly in demand Nintendo doesn't care at all to restock them :( so, we're sadly stuck buying them online for very expensive prices.

The series 1-4 cards can easily be found in stores (depends on location I guess, but they are still in stores).

I think they’ve stopped selling them in stores, and even when they did have them they were pretty low stock, so yeah, I’d say they’re pretty rare.

They're basically impossible to find. I wish Nintendo would re-release them. I should ask my friend in Japan to find some for me if they still sell them there.

OP I would buy them all off you depending on how much you sold them for, since you're bored of them.

I've heard that they're supposed to maybe release some this winter, but it might be rumors from last year. I hope not because I would like to have some, at least some more amiibo cards.
There's some people on etsy that have amiibo cards for decent prices, but they want like 50 cents -$2 PER card just to ship.

I've heard that they're supposed to maybe release some this winter, but it might be rumors from last year. I hope not because I would like to have some, at least some more amiibo cards.
There's some people on etsy that have amiibo cards for decent prices, but they want like 50 cents -$2 PER card just to ship.

That's cheaper shipping than I saw on Etsy. Maybe it's 'cause I'm in Canada. I have Hopkins now 'cause I got one in my new game. Was hoping for someone more exciting but oh well.

That's cheaper shipping than I saw on Etsy. Maybe it's 'cause I'm in Canada. I have Hopkins now 'cause I got one in my new game. Was hoping for someone more exciting but oh well.

They were coming from Canada. The base price was about $1-$5 a card then $2 to ship one card, then 50cents per card after that.
If I bought 10 $1 cards, it be $17 all together and I'm too cheap for that. *sigh*

i've gotten a total of 2 packs from a store, and those were bought at the same time. i don't remember which deck they were, but the ones with isabelle and booker. none have RVs.
i want more though :V

I bought a full box when they first came out. Walmart and Best Buy didn't sell the Series 4 and Welcome Amiibo in store. Those stores sold them online for a short period of time. A month ago Best Buy Canada had them on their site but the shipping for one pack was $17. Checked again and they don't have them in stock.

The local gaming store said that no one was buying the cards before the update. They were taking up space for items that did sell. So a lot of stores went with online only. The summer before the update cards were on sale in a lot of gaming stores. Nintendo should have released the update late Spring 2016 when the card buying slowed down. At that time players were still trying to complete series 1. I would have preferred to buy the DLC instead of the cards. Buy all or some DLC and the villager show up. No scanning cards.

I heard Nintendo stopped printing these but they haven't officially confirmed it? It sucks that these cards have to be so rare :/ Just makes them more vulnerable to scalpers. Nintendo knows we want them so why not just print more. They can make tons of profit instead of scalpers.

Back