• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

PWPs - What am I doing wrong?

Yuzu

Genji's Biggest Fangirl
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
2907-9369-4580
Ruby
New Leaf Token
October Birthstone (Opal)
So I'm trying the trap method that people seem to swear by to get PWPs from their villagers. I've trapped Fang by my coffee shop and then I go to the beach and put a piece of paper in my joystick so that I'm walking for 5 mins (I've been generous and doing more like 6 or 7mins). I've gone over to Fang I think 6 times so far and he's only pinged once?

I've done everything I can think of. My pockets are full of flowers and tools, I don't have any bells...

Is there something you guys do differently to get more pings? Or is there another method that works better?

Have you ever tried swimming in the ocean for 5 minutes? Thats usually how people do it.

Have you ever tried swimming in the ocean for 5 minutes? Thats usually how people do it.

hm.. yeah maybe you have to be really far away from everything. :confused: I will try that now.

This.

But annoyingly, most times it happens to just be pure luck -- I usually never get pinged for PWPs, but in the past 24 hours I've gotten 2! However I find if you're really desperate to get some PWPs, I'd try the diving method (you can google it for more info but it's pretty simple) like Haydenv019 said above! <3

Try trapping more than one villager. Personally I use my fence PWP or trap them all on a bridge. Whichever is closer to all of them at the time. Just throw 'em all in one place, haha. You'll get more pings if you have multiple villagers.

I know how you feel but patience is the key c: I usually use your method but then they will suggest their pwp as soon.

This.

But annoyingly, most times it happens to just be pure luck -- I usually never get pinged for PWPs, but in the past 24 hours I've gotten 2! However I find if you're really desperate to get some PWPs, I'd try the diving method (you can google it for more info but it's pretty simple) like Haydenv019 said above! <3

oh wow that's really lucky!!

Try trapping more than one villager. Personally I use my fence PWP or trap them all on a bridge. Whichever is closer to all of them at the time. Just throw 'em all in one place, haha. You'll get more pings if you have multiple villagers.

I would do that but I'm looking for only 3 specific pwps right now and the two other villagers I need are inside their houses. x.x

I've never heard of the trap pings before, sounds interesting.

Usually I use the diving one, which just involves swimming out to the bottom corner of your map and staying idle for 5 minutes. Swim back and the first villager you see normally pings you. And then repeat.
If they don't ping though, you should talk to them and they'll say something like, 'maybe you should take a break,' and that restarts the cycle.

I just swam out to the corner of my map for 10mins and came back and.. BAM! THE WOODEN BRIDGE IS MINEE.
Thank you guys for telling me about that trick <3

Back