Mafia Caxnival Mafia: Game Thread - End Game

*fistpump* yeet
Looks like both replacements have done the same strat of posting a namelist w/no explaination thus far.
In the future it might be better to srsly just wait until you have the time for explanations cuz i'd rlly like to know why Oath is a townlean.

I needed to check in you know, cause I would be called out for lurking.

I needed to check in you know, cause I would be called out for lurking.

I'm gonna tunnel the crap out of you for absolutely no reason

##VOTE Kirby

I guess I better say this is completely a joke, or otherwise someone is going to take it the wrong way/ fight me about it/ or just complain about something.....

welcome Kirby and Dolby :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Dad, I said at the start of trying to take a stance on the whole Ness/ Farobi/ Tae incident that it seems like town v town v town, but I am not going to take that into a strong account because it was still early. You are making me seem like I almost town-locked farobi for it and that was not the case at all

- - - Post Merge - - -

toad said:
i read ness and vanessa (weird your names go together) as town so far, gallade as slight sus, and farobi is very null

this is very early obviously though, so don't freak the eff out. Not to mention half the people haven't even shown up

I ended up saying I was null on him, then town leaning him....

toad said:
Farobi did the random number thing, and yes. Doing that as scum so early is suicide essentially, if Farobi is scum, then I would hate to be in a qt with him. Is it completely out of his character- No, and could he do it as scum - yes. I am not going to townlock him or anyone this early, but I see it townleaning.

perhaps you need to re-read my actual posts from that time @Dad

I'm done trying to convince you.... I probably won't do full reads by end of Night, but rather have them sometime on Day 2. I have a quiz tomorrow and two tests next week. I will probably post them tomorrow at some time, since its my day off from clinic

Actually, gonna move Panda to my sussed. Going after the noobs (Luniel/Kirby and Vanessa) doesn't look well for her. Also, her vote switch into Evan felt off as well.

****, I may not be able to get anything substantial out this phase

*fistpump* yeet
Looks like both replacements have done the same strat of posting a namelist w/no explaination thus far.
In the future it might be better to srsly just wait until you have the time for explanations cuz i'd rlly like to know why Oath is a townlean.

i mean, it's nice they touched base instead of sitting around doing nothing but having us all "sus them for being inactive"

Panda- Getting lazier the further I go down the list, but in summary, weird RQS answer, pushing for noobs, refusing to claim (idk this could be town too), that weird 'aha I almost claimed!' post, and her extreme grasping for straws on things, and other posts I could probably point out as weird like asking me why I'm not pushing for Evan and her instead..? idk

@Heyden iv read that description of my game play over a couple times and laughed cause that is my town game play ! you say it right there in the brackets, im starting to feel like your trying to make me seem scummy.

welp, I felt absolutely terrible this morning so I have more to catch up on rn. Hopefully I can get over this soon >.< throwing up is not fun

- - - Post Merge - - -

seems kirby and dolbs replaced? welcome

welp, I felt absolutely terrible this morning so I have more to catch up on rn. Hopefully I can get over this soon >.< throwing up is not fun

- - - Post Merge - - -

seems kirby and dolbs replaced? welcome

Mafia makes me want to vomit too

i'll do an analysis on reactions later but rn i'm weakly townreading toad bc i feel like the way he treated the sensai lynch is one that can't be mimicked as scum
These are my thoughts exactly, in all honesty. I don't think I've ever seen scum so adamant on a lynch as toads was at EoD.

i'll elaborate more on this later but i feel as if Dad/Heyden are a compatible scum team along with a possible lackey being toadsworthy or Vanessa.

- - - Post Merge - - -

^more on that: Moreso leaning towards vanessa tbh
Wait so which is it, do you Town-Read or Scum-Read Toads right now?

Wtf can everyone like stop trying to blitz lynch me every time, and especially when I'm not even here. I don't actually know what I'm doing scummy but I'll answer regardless @Ness
It was clear to me that Ness was calling you out primarily on the direct contradiction between you Scum-Reading Panda at one point, then seeming to go completely back on it, stating she was playing has typical Town style.

b) Yes I wanted a Panda lynch, while her stubborness to claim did make me think twice after sussing her at first but I was still fine going down that route

c) I don't push for lynches that don't happen, I barely ever vote someone where I am an outlier vote regardless of alignment. Toads (slight sus) pushing for Sensai (slight sus) didn't really concern me anyway. Sensai flipping town wasn't too surprising now that I look back, definitely looking at Oath and still Panda.
B doesn't make sense since you clearly stated that Panda is playing typical Town (Ness even pointed it out in his post), so I'd like to ask what changed your mind at that point, and what changed your mind back to Scum-Reading her?

As for C, what are you trying to get at with this? I don't think I really get what you're saying, since it felt pretty clear to me that Panda was only a side situation, and Oath/Sensai took clear precedence over her during Day 1.

xCleb always plays very close to the same and I find it interesting they switched from oath to Sensai like that.
It was primarily due to Sensai saying things that seemed suspect (i.e his question to Toads that was impossible to answer without being Scum-Read for it) toward EoD, whereas Oath was not. Oath is still one of my top Scum-Reads right now, but Sensai took a quick precedence for that moment before EoD.

Smh this are all my townleans. Ur scum tbh
Blatant OMGUS. A mere disagreement is not alignment indicative and makes me very worried about this.

And Dad putting 8 people in his list is the scummiest thing in the book. He's "trying" to dwindle the list of lynch candidates perhaps putting in the forefront the stronger town-leaning members for his added scum benefit. He's trying to persuade us to just focus within those list of people basically, and leave the rest negligible for now.
In all honesty I feel like Dad's little list is more so in the interest of clumping his Scum-Reads and his Null-Reads together, in order to get a better idea of who needs to be looked at the most during Day 2, at least from his own perspective. While it does look shady to put so many people on a Scum List, I don't think it's necessarily a problem, since he's already stated that he has specific players already prioritized in the list. Along with that, from a theory perspective, it's perfectly possible for half the players in a given game to act very suspicious, and clearly if it's half, not all of them are going to be Mafia. I think this is a similar situation here, and that leads back to mere disagreements when it comes to reads.

I'm interested in Dolby's and Kirby's reads lists, as they seem to be a bit different from what the people in since the start have been seeing. Any new perspective is nice, so hopefully they can get their explanations out there soon.

Working on my own reads right now, but no promises for having them by Day Start, since I've got to go to my last class in about an hour.

- - - Post Merge - - -

There aren't in any particular order, as in my top Town-Read on this list isn't necessarily my top Town-Read.

Can't Read Right Now

Dolby & Kirbystarship: Both of them are self-explanatory; they've both just entered the game, so there's really nothing to read into them right now.

Heavy Town-Read

toadsworthy: Like I said in my previous post, I've never seen anybody so adamant about a lynch like that aligned with Scum, though I should elaborate that I have seen it from a TP. I don't believe he's TP, since his behavior doesn't really reflect that idea at all.

Dad: All the people suspicious of him right now are mainly just disagreeing with his reads, which is quite frankly ridiculous. I think that those interactions are all Town/Scum, with Dad as Town.

Town-Read

tae: I don't know her normal play-style by any means, but I'm liking what I'm seeing thus far. Most of her posts have been generally proactive, though her EoD was a bit iffy, considering all she really said was that she was going to die.

PandaDarling: Another misunderstood Town in my books; people are really poking at straws with Scum-Reading her. Granted, she seems to be doing the same thing with others, so I can accept that other people could Scum-Read her for that.

Trundle: Call it a gut feeling, since he hasn't really done much so far. All I can really say is that he normally doesn't explain his reads as Town, whereas he tends to get more in-depth with them as Scum, and what I'm seeing right now is the former.

N e s s: Standing by what I've already stated about him; he's been generally proactive but not enough to be considered a Lock. His points on Heyden were quite good, along with a good deal of his other thoughts thus far.

VanessaMay18: I think that if she's not Town, then she's TP. I'd like to believe that her not knowing what QT is was genuine, and that would in turn confirm her as non-Mafia. I'm cautious in that assumption though, since it's a very meta-oriented read.

Null

Heyden: Not because I don't know where to put him, but where I do put him is heavily contingent on how he responds to my last post.

Jacob: He hasn't done much so far, but hasn't really done anything to indicate whether he's Town or Mafia.

Locket: Same situation as Jacob; there isn't really that much she's done, but it's not alignment-indicative at all.

Kit: I don't know where to put you because I honestly forgot you were in the game. I'll have to ISO your posts to see if this changes at all, but we'll see about it.

f11: To an extent, her situation is similar to Jacob and Locket. I haven't seen much, but I don't think that's either good or bad.

Scum-Lean

oath2order: I've already explained my suspicion, and there honestly isn't much more I can say without basically copying what other people have already said. Unfortunately, that isn't good on me, but I'll be looking for more information to use in the near future.

amazonevan19: I believe he was one of the people that called Dad out on having so many people on his little scum list, so I've already explained my opinion on this. Couple it with the other things (i.e when he told people how to read him and believed people would take it seriously, general condescension through most of the game, etc.), and he's probably my #2 scum right now.

Biancasboutique: The Bianca I know wouldn't go quiet just because people think she isn't adding anything to the conversation. Her behavior right now is very off-putting.

Heavy Scum-Read

Farobi: The fact that he blatantly OMGUS'd Dad because he disagreed with his reads is actually extremely worrying, especially since he's persisted with it since he first put a Scum-Read on Dad. He hasn't done anything to back up his ideas, though he's implying that Dad is his top Scum right now. It's basically an empty accusation based on a disagreement, which makes me believe he's trying to pull anything to place suspicion on somebody else. That makes him my top Scum-Read at this moment.

Farobi's behavior after my reads list is a little worrying. He put up a reads list of his own that looks very similar to mine and made a point to agree with me, which could be lowkey pocketing. And if he's agreeing with me and is scum, that doesn't bode well for my reads :p

Dad's 8 player list isn't exactly the biggest problem, even though I still think it's a bit suss. But ever since EoD I've felt something's changed about Dad. He's been much more tryhard and getting giant posts up there, which is similar to how he played when Dolby tunneled him in a recent game (and turned out to be right). It seems like he's trying to pursue people and be active to get sus off of him. Though Farobi's read of him has indeed vacillated all over the place and looks like Farobi is just trying to retroactively apply scumminess to Dad.

Looking forward to hear elaboration from Kirby and Dolbs.

Ness
His vote and opinion changes I find to be present no matter his alignment D1, however, his case on Heyden and switch off of Sensei sent off red flags. Now, his logic in voting Sensei did make sense from a town perspective, essentially being null on her, but of the bandwagons, being the least certain about. But his case on Heyden honestly reeked of ingenuine, being delayed to the point of uselessness due to the timing of it(he had been lurking in the thread for a good hour and a half at this time). His reaction to the lynch reminds me of how I played in Smash, delibrately rushing in to defend the accused in the last hour, when it was to late to do anything about it. His reaction to f11's "excuse" also seemed like trying to misconstrue her behavior as a slip and his reaction "low hanging fruit" feels really poor from a tone perspective. If scum, it's likely that none of the lynch targets from yesterday are scum with him (with the exception of maybe oath). Also, a couple of things that he said to Farobi seemed like artificial distancing. I don't view Panda/Ness as a particularly strong possibility though, as I don't think that he'd stick out his neck that far.

Also, when reading through the Ness/Tae/Farobi thing in the beginning, my initial reaction was that Ness and Tae were likely town and Farobi mafia.

Kit
Kit's the read that is the most gut out of all of these. My most solid reasoning is that she seems less laid back in comparison to the last few games. This may be because of her absence, but this just seems like she's more afraid to talk kinda? The thing that bothers me most is her reaction to Farobi's reads where she points at Farobi, but doesn't take a stance on him.

Farobi
Initial Ness/Tae/Farobi thing I felt looked bad for him, as did his first vote on f11. He opens his reasoning post asking how f11 played, then holding the NL against her, but not the PL against oath (btw, I see oath/Farobi as 100% feasible). And using her answering the RQS as logic. Also his f11/heyden/dad train tomorrow comment is pretty weird, considering that it came before the lynch happened and there was no clear consensus (at this point, I think that it was thought that Sensei/oath would be the lynch). But it sounds weird for town to say, just like him wanting Dad and Heyden to die, but townleaning them.

His reads also seem like a carbon copy of Evan's, having literally one difference in scum reads and extremely similar townreads. Honestly, it would be very convienient for Farobi to be scum, because I think that he's been overall the most transparent.

Panda
I've already touched on this, but defending herself with her own meta and only going after noobs are big red flags. The re's probably less content from her than from Kit, I think the most that she's discussed is the motivations behind making a tag, and I'd expect more from her honestly.

I'll touch on Jacob later

His reads also seem like a carbon copy of Evan's, having literally one difference in scum reads and extremely similar townreads. Honestly, it would be very convienient for Farobi to be scum, because I think that he's been overall the most transparent

ayy lmao I ninja'd dolby

T

Biancasboutique: The Bianca I know wouldn't go quiet just because people think she isn't adding anything to the conversation. Her behavior right now is very off-putting.
[/color][/u][/b]

I'm here! Sorry for being inactive and I will be inactive again until tonight. I have a class starting in 2 hours . Yesterday, I was just so tired and slept after work. I really have to read the threads. I yet have to keep up with the posts

@Farobi and Tae it is completely understandable as to why Tae made that tag, i have been a lot more quite compared to how i use to play, but my post count has dropped since back in the days when Tae and i were in games together, that being said i was even more quite the firs 24-26 hours of game cause, my good friend got mades Saturday and then i had a major hangout on Sunday and sleep most of it away.

i feel like a slow bandwagon is starting to form on me mafia has maybe seen a chance to lynch an experienced player today so be careful.

- - - Post Merge - - -

what's a quicktopic ?

jk but i don't think we should clear anyone for asking questions like that.... im sure anyone could find out what QT is by googling it. but she seemed very adamant on asking a couple times and getting the answer here.

First paragraph, literally the most you've talked about anything in a post

@Cleb I kept scumreading Panda bc of her RQS answer which seemed quite forced (and reflected in a game where she was scum), and also bc of that fake 'I refreshed just before I claimed, phew!' statement, it just didn't sit right with me.

Also the Panda lynch was definitely on board, I made a sus on her and the next morning she had like 4 votes on her, not until people started townreading her out of nowhere then the lynch went onto Sensai.

@Panda so what is your 'scum play'?

First paragraph, literally the most you've talked about anything in a post

@Dolby oh ok i get it, ya i was talking about my lack of activity compared to the past, i thought you were taking about the whole tag war with Bianca

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Cleb I kept scumreading Panda bc of her RQS answer which seemed quite forced (and reflected in a game where she was scum), and also bc of that fake 'I refreshed just before I claimed, phew!' statement, it just didn't sit right with me.

Also the Panda lynch was definitely on board, I made a sus on her and the next morning she had like 4 votes on her, not until people started townreading her out of nowhere then the lynch went onto Sensai.

@Panda so what is your 'scum play'?

@Heyden i dunno i guess a bit better than my town play cause people don't sus me as much. im probably more motivated and more calculated rather than emotional.

townleans:

Toads- I don't think scum Toads would push a lynch that hard on Sensai. And I feel like he's putting a lot more effort and trying to scumhunt.
Oath- Oath seems to be trying to help and seems to scumhunt, I didn't like how he wanted to no lynch or a Policy Lynch that early. I think he's trying to help cause people think he coasts.
Ness- seems to be helpful and doesn't sound commanding like when he's scum. And he seems to be Aggressive I don't usually see that when he's scum.
Dad- seems to be playing like he's a townie in BOTW mafia. I feel like his 8 people that could be scum is just him putting the people who he hasn't townlean.

Jacob- I feel like he is town not a lot to go off of but he seems to be making big posts but I don't feel like they are well thought out, and when he's was scum in BOTW mafia he acted like he wasn't caught up on thread.

Tae- seems to be playing like his passed games and the interactions in Farobi VS Ness and Tae feel like they are all town imo.

Trundle- I think they are likely town, looking his last few games he was more active when he was scum. I feel like him being inactive is a town tell.

Farobi- I think they are town based on ness Tae and her interaction nothing she has said sounds scummy. I think using a RNG to guess who scum was just a joke.

scumleans:

Kit- I don't like how you are trying to act neutral during the lynch on D1

Urgh i don't like lynching either sensai or panda. Doesnt feel solid enough yet w mainly just evan leading the lynch.
Guess ill wait and see if my vote changes.
Also for 20 players this d1 thread is small af

it just feels like you are trying to avoid joining the banwagon by saying this and making look like you're trying to act neutral in order to keep sus from you.

Bianca- want her to post more, I just find it strange how she been posting a lot in beginning of game but then she disappears. Town Bianca usually tries to help, but I just see her coasting.

Panda- didn't like her RQS answers and how she went after the newbies and that amazon switch was just off.

heyden is at a null /scumlean the only thing I didn't like was how he contradict himself

Nulls:

Locket- needs to post more before I can give a read on him
f11, xCleb and Amazon I have a hard time reading you
Dolby just replaced in
Vannessa- I could see her saying what is quick topic as a way to act like she is a townie and she is scum. Don't want to read her quickly because of Bianca in Dan's game where she acted like she didn't know what she was doing.

Sorry if reads felt like they were rushed.

If I had to lynch someone out of my scumleans it would likely be Kit or Bianca.

Back