• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Caxnival Mafia: Game Thread - End Game

They wanted me to contribute, and I did. You'll notice that tae did a similar thing.

I thought it was town v town v town. Then as I went through and read, it just seemed like ****posting on the part of Farobi. Thus nulling him.

Yes, I am using meta for Ness. Yes, I am a hypocrite for that. Okay.

Okay, fine, you can critique me for the null filler. Whatever. It's me contributing somewhat.

**** this, I'm done. See you all after whoever you all lynch, obviously it's going to be me because once that train started rolling, it's bandwagon time, here comes Dad with his load of garbage. This is ridiculous. I get **** in BOTW for not contributing day one, and now that I attempt to contribute day one here I get put up for lynch. There's just no winning.

That's a pretty emotional reaction considering the fact that 1) not everyone thinks you're scum and 2) D1 vote was incredibly scattered between people. There was no large bandwagon.

- - - Post Merge - - -

1st announcement - oh goody

2nd announcement - y i k e s

not sure why you just outed yourself as a PR but ok

- - - Post Merge - - -

Townleans
F11
Dad
Cleb
Evan
Tae
Toads

Null
Vanessa
Oath
Heyden
Locker
Bianca
Kirby
Trundle

Scummies
Kit
Ness
Jacob
Farobi

Gtg, will explain later. There are unordered but there are some people I feel better about than others

Once you have time I'd like the explanation on Ness and Farobi primarily, although I'll abstain from my opinion on either of them until you clarify.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'll miss you. Don't roleblock me tonight. Mwah

again with the confirmation of PR

yas dolby i like how you scum read me already

I mean, I like living dangerously. Whatever could my role be?
ew

Jacob- I feel like he is town not a lot to go off of but he seems to be making big posts but I don't feel like they are well thought out, and when he's was scum in BOTW mafia he acted like he wasn't caught up on thread.
interesting... but I missed voting and explained at the beginning of Night 1 that I caught up on like 30 pages. I only really have about 4 or so actual posts. Going off your logic, wouldn't that be scummy? How can you be so sure on META analysis of my alignment so early on? I could even go further into saying, what makes my posts not well thought out? Dad sure seems to agree with some points I made about Toad.

You even said yourself that there isn't a lot to go off of. Seems like I should be null, maybe even scum lean for you, based on the information you're narrowing down on.
This of course isn't a strategic way I'm trying to play, I've been away from my computer the majority of this game. But it seems a little off that you can town read me not off the points I'm making or my tone (like other people), rather with how not 'thought out' my posts are.

Just thinking out loud :rolleyes:

yas dolby i like how you scum read me already

ew

interesting... but I missed voting and explained at the beginning of Night 1 that I caught up on like 30 pages. I only really have about 4 or so actual posts. Going off your logic, wouldn't that be scummy? How can you be so sure on META analysis of my alignment so early on? I could even go further into saying, what makes my posts not well thought out? Dad sure seems to agree with some points I made about Toad.

You even said yourself that there isn't a lot to go off of. Seems like I should be null, maybe even scum lean for you, based on the information you're narrowing down on.
This of course isn't a strategic way I'm trying to play, I've been away from my computer the majority of this game. But it seems a little off that you can town read me not off the points I'm making or my tone (like other people), rather with how not 'thought out' my posts are.

Just thinking out loud :rolleyes:

it is a slight townlean and you makes thought out posts when scum and I don't see that. And I'm trying to not get a lot of nulls like last few games I was in.

My gut reaction to xCleb's read list is a very fake town. The style of reads does not match up with normal behavior (from the top of my head). Two specific examples: their read on oath and their read on Panda.

>Calling out oath as mafia when already heavily sussed, claiming they don't just want to repeat what others have said
----I find this odd of xCleb because the cases on oath so far are weak at best, and usually when xCleb suspects someone they have found a little tidbit or piece of information that no one else has even though about yet. Your mafia experience translates to a wider view when analyzing posts which usually gives you an extra thing or two to talk about. This makes me think you're trying to bus or get on towns good side.

>Labeling Panda as misunderstood town
----This seems completely off to me. People are suspecting Panda based on the fact she's prodding on weak arguments. You say the people suspecting Panda are prodding on weak arguments, but you don't really mention the whole view of the scenario. You don't take into account who Panda is sussing or who is sussing Panda. It's a bit of a convoluted way of thinking about the players. You're isolating someone who definitely doesn't need to be, considering all her interactions.

you makes thought out posts when scum and I don't see that. And I'm trying to not get a lot of nulls like last few games I was in.
Fair enough monsieur kirby

Kirby i pushed for oath lol.
& i was the second vote on him, before the bandwagon even started.
Also @Dolby idk, i guess i'm trying to take it a little more seriously

Satisfied with Heyden's response, though it isn't indicative to me in any way. He'll stay Null FMPOV for now.

My gut reaction to xCleb's read list is a very fake town. The style of reads does not match up with normal behavior (from the top of my head). Two specific examples: their read on oath and their read on Panda.

>Calling out oath as mafia when already heavily sussed, claiming they don't just want to repeat what others have said
----I find this odd of xCleb because the cases on oath so far are weak at best, and usually when xCleb suspects someone they have found a little tidbit or piece of information that no one else has even though about yet. Your mafia experience translates to a wider view when analyzing posts which usually gives you an extra thing or two to talk about. This makes me think you're trying to bus or get on towns good side.
To be fair, I was one of the first people to go out of the way to question him on the issue, at least in a more in-depth fashion compared to others at the time. Since then, there hasn't been much to add onto it, hence why I stated in my other Scum-Reads that they were higher priority (Farobi at #1, Amazon at #2). As I stated with Bianca, it's more an activity thing, and Oath is one that I'm keeping in the back of my head to look into for the future.

>Labeling Panda as misunderstood town
----This seems completely off to me. People are suspecting Panda based on the fact she's prodding on weak arguments. You say the people suspecting Panda are prodding on weak arguments, but you don't really mention the whole view of the scenario. You don't take into account who Panda is sussing or who is sussing Panda. It's a bit of a convoluted way of thinking about the players. You're isolating someone who definitely doesn't need to be, considering all her interactions.
As for Panda, that's a fair assertion to make; it was more of something I believed at the time (in a sense an update to what I had already stated), and nothing I've actually looked into more in-depth. I'll be sure to go through and look at specific interactions and see if my opinion changes at all, as I did not have much time to look back at said interactions. It simply wasn't as important of a read as some of the other ones I really wanted to hit home (i.e Dad & Farobi), so I didn't put as much effort into it, admittedly.

- - - Post Merge - - -

To add onto my explanation of the oath read, stating what I myself already have in the past would simply come off as redundant; the interaction is there and pretty out in the open, so I'll leave it at that.

hi just got home from sally's gonna start reading the thread, just gonna leave this here bc im sick and tired of the trans guy being misgendered in every single mafia game ever.

WHATS ! THE ! POINT ! IN ! ADDING ! IN ! A ! PRONOUN ! RQS ! IF ! PEOPLE ! ARE ! STILL ! GONNA ! CALL ! ME ! A ! WOMAN !

- - - Post Merge - - -

ok i feel better, brb reading now.

That's a pretty emotional reaction considering the fact that 1) not everyone thinks you're scum and 2) D1 vote was incredibly scattered between people. There was no large bandwagon.

I already explained why I had that emotional reaction. It felt like I was being attacked on multiple fronts.

Kirby i pushed for oath lol.
& i was the second vote on him, before the bandwagon even started.
Also @Dolby idk, i guess i'm trying to take it a little more seriously

You barely pushed me.

I'm probably gonna type up reads now, because **** school work I have tomorrow off

- - - Post Merge - - -

One read I want to get out now... but I think my strongest town read is Tae. I have done research and felt the wrath of tae in previous games, I would say I have learned to see the pattern for him as town. I want this to get out just in case something happens tonight, but i really trust Tae. I looked at your posts a lot, and I get it.

I will follow up with my other reads later... hopefully I don't die

I'm probably gonna type up reads now, because **** school work I have tomorrow off

- - - Post Merge - - -

One read I want to get out now... but I think my strongest town read is Tae. I have done research and felt the wrath of tae in previous games, I would say I have learned to see the pattern for him as town. I want this to get out just in case something happens tonight, but i really trust Tae. I looked at your posts a lot, and I get it.

I will follow up with my other reads later... hopefully I don't die

if u dont die does this mean i get to fling you into the mother ****in SUN

Dolby, what you think of Bianca?

She's been quieter than I'd expect. Though a lot of people have.
@Trundle, I've already explained those two in this mess of a thread

Also, I feel Kits behavior is more reflective of a play style change, so moving them to null.

in case vig shoots me pls lynch oath/panda

- - - Post Merge - - -

pretty please

i've been at school

juggling mafia and school is hard: lesson learned

will re-read the posts and see if i can get better reads (maybe)

I apologise. I've been out with a friend. I will try post when I get home but I am not totally sober.

Day will be delayed. I don't trust myself right now to act accurately. I know this is annoying but I'm sure you would rather have a sober and accurate host than someone who might make mistakes.

We will hold a vote via strawpoll tomorrow as to how we wish to handle this time difference.

I'm sorry again.

Back