• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Caxnival Mafia: Game Thread - End Game

@Kirby So you think Mafia only have 1 kp for a game this size ?

no, I think one of their kills failed/ they got protected. I think there are 4 mafia. Based on kills.

Sorry if I haven't been posting internet isn't working for me right now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

so Cleb is town cause he got hit. So Dad kill, Farobi, and Cleb kill. I think vig shot Farobi and mafia tried to hit cleb and killed Dad.

no, I think one of their kills failed/ they got protected. I think there are 4 mafia. Based on kills.

Sorry if I haven't been posting internet isn't working for me right now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

so Cleb is town cause he got hit. So Dad kill, Farobi, and Cleb kill. I think vig shot Farobi and mafia tried to hit cleb and killed Dad.

What is Cleb got hit by an so or vig and was said just cause he was hit doesn't clear him besides we don't even know if he's telling the truth 100%

So many people dropping.
I want an Oath/Toad/Vanessa lynch, in that order.

So many people dropping.
I want an Oath/Toad/Vanessa lynch, in that order.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Rip doublepost

What is Cleb got hit by an so or vig and was said just cause he was hit doesn't clear him besides we don't even know if he's telling the truth 100%

I think mafia hit him. Cleb can prove if he was saved if doctor gets a PM saying they protected someone from getting killed.

Also trundle is really scaring me with how few posts he has trundle plz post more

As I said yesterday, I was sus of you or Dad, but I'm second guessing that bit on you now.

Somewhat sus on Jacob, its still his same playstyle as BOTW. Kit jumped on me and really just looked like she was bandwagoning, for some reason felt the need to say she was the second to vote for me.

And lowkey sus on Trundle and Dolby but I always sus them

Expanding on this now that I'm at home.

Jacob's playstyle here is the same as BOTW and I would be very surprised if he was town.

@Oath I just kinda drop in notes no matter what allignment I am, but I think the main difference between BOTW and this game is that I really didnt try or read the thread until the end of Night 1. When its day one meta and small notes are all I know how to do lol

To me, his post here rings that he's aware that people critique him for this, and tries to hide behind "well I always do this". He's self aware, and it reminds me of evan's "if i'm town I do this if i'm scum i do this" post a few pages back.

Yeah it's pretty weird but I don't feel comfortable with lynching her yet, Locket will probably need a replacement too smh pls no one else drop out

I said I was second-guessing that bit on you, but now I'm second-guessing the second-guess. You're refusing to consider anybody else for a lynch today. Toads made a good point:

let's be real, look at the past mafia games and notice who mafia was and their activity day 1. Aside from myself, almost everyone tried to remain neutral or input as little as possible... I recognize it because I'm pretty sure I got upset with so many scum partners and my main gripe was please post more (bowie, ness, as well as Jacob/Tina/Cleb in BOTW followed this trend). Hence why I usually make it a few days at least as scum, because at least I'm present. I would like to lynch in a pool of people like this... and not evan/oath. I know you may be hesitant to listen to me after my push on sensai yesterday, but if you think about it this way and take from experience the last few games, I think people would agree about it.

Lynch an inactive. The inactives are partially why we lost in BOTW (among other things). But you're not looking at other things. You're not looking at what other people are saying. You've got your mind set on "lynch oath" and you're refusing to consider other things.

And then there's Kit.

Urgh i don't like lynching either sensai or panda. Doesnt feel solid enough yet w mainly just evan leading the lynch.
Guess ill wait and see if my vote changes.
Also for 20 players this d1 thread is small af

First kit doesn't think the Sensai or Panda lynches are solid, with Evan mainly leading the lynch.

Seems more like a noob play than a scum strat. He's not playing dumb like bianca did so I don't really buy the noob-scum theory either. Sounds like he's just not playing well.
Which isn't good either, granted, but I feel like we have much more on Oath then on Sensai.

Then when evan leads a lynch attempt on me, she somehow seems to think that there's more on me than Sensai.

Kirby i pushed for oath lol.
& i was the second vote on him, before the bandwagon even started.
Also @Dolby idk, i guess i'm trying to take it a little more seriously

This just looks weird. I don't understand why Kit feels like it's necessary to try and ensure that we all know she was the second vote on me, before the bandwagon. This reads, to me, as if she's trying too hard to prove that she's town.

I want to see a lynch on one of the inactives today, particularly Trundle or Jacob. And if not an inactive, I want to see Heyden or Kit lynched. There is something between the two of them continuing to try and get me lynched over something that the rest of the game has, from my view, moved on from.

I'm not sure if I missed it but did Hayden ever bring up his signature argument revolving around a scum team's balancing?

As a whole I don't know how the community here actually thinks about its logic but I have two things to touch up on regarding that issue

1) my first red flag is that from what I recall, Hayden hasn't even mentioned the "Godfather" thing yet. Generally by day 2, someone points out that in order for a mafia team to be balanced, it can be inferred that a skilled player is present.
Going over the playerlist they should have been: xCleb, Dad, or Curry. Maybe even Evan, Toad and Trundle thrown in there.
This isn't really a hard tactic to try out, and every time I've ever seen Hayden do it, he's been correct with the pool.

If he actually hasn't brought it up this game, I think that's a small scum tell. Its possible Hayden is part of the scum team and thinks bringing it up will help narrow down the lynch candidates, circling in on the strongest on the mafia team. Especially after Night one, where dad was killed and Cleb was targeted (supposedly).

Which brings me to point....

2) Following this logic, Curry was the last of the 3 that I would classify as being the best in the game probably, also based on past assumptions for godfatheresque role. This, also tied into the fact that Dolby was his replacement, is giving me my 2nd red flag.

Now any replacement could've went in for curry, but even with the odds I think the fact that Dolby was Curry's replacement can have something to do with the balance of the mafia team.

This is also a little sidenote: I don't think this constitutes as OMGUS, but the fact that dolby scum reads me, but won't post an actual read on me because he "doesn't have the time to articulate a sus" like a game a few years is extremely odd. I'm not actually sure what that means honestly, does it mean you think I'm scummy but don't really know why? Or do you just not have time to explain why you think I'm scummy? I don't really get the point of dropping a scum read on me but not expanding upon it when I'm nothing but willing to talk about why you would think that. I have Dolby as a strong scum lean at this point

So are you getting Heyden/Dolby as scum, Dolby as godfather?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well, Dolby not necessarily as godfather now that I think about it, but Heyden/Dolby nonetheless?

So are you getting Heyden/Dolby as scum, Dolby as godfather?

Yea basically, not a team of just two tho

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well, Dolby not necessarily as godfather now that I think about it, but Heyden/Dolby nonetheless?
and by godfather I don't mean the role godfather but the strongest mafia member

To be fair Jacob, the godfather theory was a thing I made up in Smash mafia to make people focus on lynching the noobs so Karen and I would live, but yes while I haven't mentioned it why do you think I'm tunnelling Oath. I townread Dad and Cleb, one dead and the other hit, and I'm still tunnelling Oath.

Also I was thinking that, why Curry replaced Glow then Dolby, such a line of experienced players, coincidence? Don't think so

To be fair Jacob, the godfather theory was a thing I made up in Smash mafia to make people focus on lynching the noobs so Karen and I would live, but yes while I haven't mentioned it why do you think I'm tunnelling Oath. I townread Dad and Cleb, one dead and the other hit, and I'm still tunnelling Oath.

Also I was thinking that, why Curry replaced Glow then Dolby, such a line of experienced players, coincidence? Don't think so

If you're not tunnelling, then who else do you think is scum?

Jacob, I listed susses on the other 4 in one post and said that I'd touch on you in another post. You are representing this like I was tunneling you. If you really think that I'm not making a read on you bc I'm maf and not that I don't have no time, then why'd I make the other four? Also, Heyden, everybody except for me and Kirby replaced in and requested to be out at different times if you're actually serious about that.

Also I'm gonna reply to this because I'm bored and I just thought of something

Expanding on this now that I'm at home.

Jacob's playstyle here is the same as BOTW and I would be very surprised if he was town.

To me, his post here rings that he's aware that people critique him for this, and tries to hide behind "well I always do this". He's self aware, and it reminds me of evan's "if i'm town I do this if i'm scum i do this" post a few pages back.

1) You saying my playstyle is the same here as it is in BOTW is definitely a fair thing to sus me on, but you didn't bring up any actual similarities between the games...

2) You also brought up a post of me being "self aware" and then continued to say that it reminds you of Evan being self aware in this game.
Evan is still alive in the game, why would you be ok lynching me but not Evan?

I just think the only two points you brought up against me are kinda empty, not sure why you're ok with voting me. Because I'm an inactive? Don't you know pushing a lynch on an inactive is a lynchable offense !!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Jacob, I listed susses on the other 4 in one post and said that I'd touch on you in another post. You are representing this like I was tunneling you. If you really think that I'm not making a read on you bc I'm maf and not that I don't have no time, then why'd I make the other four? Also, Heyden, everybody except for me and Kirby replaced in and requested to be out at different times if you're actually serious about that.

Nah, I know you aren't trying to tunnel me

I just don't know why you wouldn't post even a short reason explaining why you think I'm scum. Surely you above everyone would know how important it is for people to lay out their thoughts on the game rather than keep them to themselves.

Back