• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Caxnival Mafia: Game Thread - End Game

Personally I think that he must have submitted it on Heyden on N1. I can't think of why my heal didn't work on Heyden, so it was either a strongarm or a double hit.

Ness do you still think I'm scum? I obviously believe your claim but you have no reason to think I'm town other than just how the game is playing out. What are your thoughts? You are essentially proven for the day so your thoughts can have a huge influence.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Writing up a full reads after work

Ness do you still think I'm scum? I obviously believe your claim but you have no reason to think I'm town other than just how the game is playing out. What are your thoughts? You are essentially proven for the day so your thoughts can have a huge influence.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Writing up a full reads after work

I feel like it's between you and Dolby, but I'm leaning more so towards Dolby after everything that's happens. I have tried to make my reasoning on you but time is not on my side at the moment.

xCleb not being modkilled makes sense.

Townlocks:
Vanessa
Ness
xCleb
Kit( cause I think Heyden inspect her)

Townleans
Toads
Trundle
Nulls:

Dolby- Seems to be playing like his usual self. One thing I find weird about him is how he doesn't talk about that he could be Paranoid he usually talks about that when he's town.
Amazon- I'm not sure on you anymore, you been kinda quiet lately

scumlean:
Locket
Bianca

xCleb not being modkilled makes sense.

Townlocks:
Vanessa
Ness
xCleb
Kit( cause I think Heyden inspect her)

Townleans
Toads
Trundle
Nulls:

Dolby- Seems to be playing like his usual self. One thing I find weird about him is how he doesn't talk about that he could be Paranoid he usually talks about that when he's town.
Amazon- I'm not sure on you anymore, you been kinda quiet lately

scumlean:
Locket
Bianca

I'm surprisingly with you at this point. I think Dolby and Locket are scum, Bianca strong possibility. Amazonevan has been coasting super hard all game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think it's possible toads is scum too, I can't read him either way, although I'm not sure who I'd swap him for

Wtf is this Vanessa isn't confirmed

I hope you all realize mafia very likely has a strongarm here because otherwise my Heyden kill would have worked

- - - Post Merge - - -

LMAO I meant heal on heyden

Bianca and Vanessa can't be scum together... mafia would not say yeah both of you guys claim vigilante.... etf

- - - Post Merge - - -

A vote steamer eh? Yeah wtf is this set up lol I love it

yeah I've been coasting this phase, but to characterize my whole gameplay as coasting is a little disingenuous. I've been coasting this phase primarily due to IRL and school stuff. Plus having the flu demotivates me from playing a lot, not to mention a lot of my scumreads flipping town.

But like I claimed a dozen or so pages ago, I'm Noelle the Tavern Wench, the townie, so I got nothing to hide, and it'd be a bit hypocritical for me to lambast peeps for lurking or coasting if I did the same. My gameplay really only suffers when I get sussed widely for a bad reason, and so I hope to be able to contribute more here. I'm just trying to piece everything together and I need to put up some more reads since we now have a lot more info. When? idk but hopefully soon

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wtf is this Vanessa isn't confirmed

I hope you all realize mafia very likely has a strongarm here because otherwise my Heyden kill would have worked

- - - Post Merge - - -

LMAO I meant heal on heyden

##LYNCHERINO: Ness le scummy mafioso

/s

Unless someone counterclaims doctor.... which is dumb af then I'm not going to doubt ness

List of remaining players:
Dolby
N e s s
toadsworthy
VanessaMay18
xCleb
Locket
Luniel Kirbystarship
amazonevan19
Kit
Trundle
Biancasboutique

In a 20 player game, we likely are either 15-4-1 or 14-5-1. f11 was the survivor which likely eliminates any other third party possibility. However if there is another third party player (which I doubt from the kills so far), it'd probably be a 14-4-2 game.

Regardless, out of the (what I presume to be) 4 mafia, we already have one, which was the godfather.
oath2order (Godfather)

Here are the power roles who we (as in the remaining players) mostly see as town:
Ness (Doctor)
xCleb (Vote Stealer)

Here are the power roles who we have not really confirmed or are iffy about:
VanessaMay18 (Vigilante)
Bianca (Vigilante)

xCleb's role is easy enough to prove even though their explanation of N1 didn't really make any sense. Unless you as a vote stealer don't get your own vote in the first place, a roleblock should not affect your average everyday voting abilities. This leads me to ask a question to the host:

Does a vote stealer have their own vote other than the vote they steal?

I don't think Tina will actually be able to answer that because of the closed setup but we will see.

Moving on, VanessaMay18 vs Bianca both have some fishy occurrences on them. I'm leaning more towards Bianca being scum, however I still truly believe both are a possibility unless I'm missing something huge.

VanessaMay18
- Shot someone who softclaimed blue
- Didn't speak up about the shot until pressure/questioning was on her after oath's death
+ Actually contributing to the game some and I read her posts as town

Bianca
- Has not contributed to the game at all (but hasn't asked for a replacement when they definitely could have, which is kinda telling)
- Hasn't even shot yet
+ Can prove they are vig by shooting tonight (lets see how this goes l o l)

So I'm definitely leaning Bianca. My first point on her is the primary reason.

So the mafia team is shaping up:
oath2order
Bianca (or VanessaMay18)

And 2 (or 3) of the following
Dolby, amazonevan, Locket, toadsworthy

I've deduced those four because I believe kirbystarship is town (pretty sure everyone agrees), Kit was essentially proven by Heyden, and I know I'm town.

If I had to choose three to lynch right now, it would be Bianca, Dolby, and Locket.

Okay so I just reread my role PM and apparently I actually don't have a vote at all; the only way I get a vote is by stealing the votes of others.

That explains how I was able to get away with not voting on Day 2, since I was incapable of voting in the first place, due to having not stolen a vote. This also explains why Panda got 8 votes Yesterday, even though 9 people voted for her. My vote on Panda was not counted in that situation.

- - - Post Merge - - -

^^^ Actually is that an okay thing to say since I didn't technically quote anything from the PM or is that breadcrumbing and bad

Okay so I just reread my role PM and apparently I actually don't have a vote at all; the only way I get a vote is by stealing the votes of others.

That explains how I was able to get away with not voting on Day 2, since I was incapable of voting in the first place, due to having not stolen a vote. This also explains why Panda got 8 votes Yesterday, even though 9 people voted for her. My vote on Panda was not counted in that situation.

- - - Post Merge - - -

^^^ Actually is that an okay thing to say since I didn't technically quote anything from the PM or is that breadcrumbing and bad

I'll believe you for now, but having to steal someone's vote just so you can use it could easily but a mafia role.

okay, I am so confused with that vote stealer thing so this is what I got:

Vote Thief

A Vote Thief is a role that can target a player at Night to steal their vote during the following Day.

For balance reasons, Vote Thief is usually Town-aligned.

Use and Power
Town-aligned Vote Thieves can steal other players' votes. This has no practical positive effect except possibly to stop quickhammers in LyLo and/or single-handedly decide the game if only three players are alive. It can, however, have a nasty negative effect if the Vote Thief is killed during the Night, rendering one player Voteless during the next Day.

- - - Post Merge - - -

if the Vote thief is killed during night, won't the vote go back to the person he stole it from? why would the other person become voteless?

if the Vote thief is killed during night, won't the vote go back to the person he stole it from? why would the other person become voteless?
Vote stealing normally occurs before kills, so if a vote gets stolen and the person who stole it gets killed afterward, the victim would simply be left without a vote.

so I have a lot of different thoughts going on right now... and I'm gonna write them now, before the end of night looking towards tomorrow. I had a weird train of thought that harped on Cleb N1, Ness N2, and Evan N3, and I plan to explain everything in this post

Dolby still being alive, is concerning. Honestly if he lives through tonight, I sus him just for that. However there is more to sus him up until now. The Oath lynch I think he jumped on board realizing Oath would get lynched soon anyway. But also... Dolby is considerably less-game solving than past games and I feel like he is intentionally holding back. Also:

Dolby said:
Ok seriously, why are we basing this on role names. I kinda wanted Vanessa, but the wagon doesn't seem good, I'm sticking with oath

I literally laughed at this quote, because you judge on role names ALOT, like a lot... BOTW I watched you do it in order to help convince people one way or another. on the topic of roles, I think the women-centric roles are the ones to watch out for. Bearded lady and bar wench being the two I question (eternally pregnant woman being the tip off for that).

Roleblockers are commonly referred to as hookers in some games (I think TOS) and so the bar wench seems like a possible role blocker role tbh.

If anyone is questioning me as a scum, I understand. However, I implore you to look back at my first huge reads post. I clearly understood that Tae/Kermit and Jacob were bonded. I got it from Tae when they were saying weird things, and I looked on his first reads to see he town leaned jacob real quick. I literally told both of them I straight up trust them and....

Toadsworthy said:
Jacob – I really feel like Jacob is town. I remember all the reasons I sussed him enough to kill him in Overwatch mafia and I don’t see them at all. Call it a bond I have with my boy, but I just feel it. It’s a welcome change to have you more focused than in the past. Your posts feel much more genuine, and you seem completely different than when I watched you in BOTW.
Tae - interactions with Tae have all been what I expect from him. The push on farobi early on is what I would expect from they aggressive self. I can tell when you being a little phony too because how much we have bonded in games before this

If I knew there were masons in the game on N1, don't you think I would've told my scummates to kill them then....

I expect everyone to claim in the next day cycle. Oath's claim was his name and kinda stupid looking back now. I will start this by claiming that I am Zel the Firebreather and a townie.

Vanessa didn't really react to Bianca claiming big after her, which I thin was a newbie is strange, I would be really freaked out if someone claimed the same thing as me in one of my first games. There is also a lot that points to her being coached by someone.

I think Bianca asking to have help with her is a town tell. I think mafia told vanessa to claim vig after not seeing a SK or vig outside their kills the first few nights to hide some stuff, but its catching up to them.

There is a chance of vote thief being scum-aligned. It seems very town right now, but I think more will become apparent with the results and how people proceed tomorrow.

Locket is weird, if they are town.... you have not been helpful at all, and if you plan on being in future games, fix it. Evan and Cleb very much so could be scum, they aren't confirmed yet. I lean more towards Evan being scum than cleb, but I'm more certain that Dolby is scum overall. I see Evan, Dolby, and Vanessa as a likely scum team rn. Locket possibly, Cleb possibly, but I def need more information from tomorrow and will bounce off everything during the next day. I am not sold on this full vision of the game, but its something I want to say if I do die tonight. I think likeliness of me dying is very slim though given the slew of blue roles now out in the open

Back