Mafia Caxnival Mafia: Game Thread - End Game

eh screw it. I do not trust vanessa's claim, but i'll put it on the backburner for now. Bianca is pretty easily provable at the moment, so i'm inclined to trust her.

ok now that i think about it who would be stupid enough to fakeclaim vig after theres an extra kill that mafia didn't constitute.

Unless xCleb is lying about taking a hit and vanessa is lying about killing farobi

I was going to say something about me lying about getting hit not making any sense but then I realized that whoever saved me can confirm should it be necessary, so I'll refrain from that.

As for the Vanessa v. Bianca situation, personally I'm not inclined to believe there are two Town-Sided killers in this game. Balance meta tells me that two Town-Sided killers is only really commonplace in much larger games where numbers should be dwindling much quicker. Even though it isn't much, I feel like one of them could very well be SK because of this, and in all honesty, I feel like Bianca would fit the bill much more than Vanessa at this point. I don't know of any games where Bianca has played as TP, but Bianca fits very well into the "first time TP" meta of acting in a more isolated manner, and becoming more inactive so as not to help any faction, Town or Scum.

Like I said, it's not much, but I'm more inclined to believe Vanessa than Bianca right now. Of course, I could be completely wrong and there could actually be two Town-Sided killers, but we don't know that at this point.

Ok so: Kit, Cleb, Vanessa clear

Honestly, Is rather not lynch Bianca or Locket as we really don't get any information from either of their deaths. I'd much rather stick with Toads, Panda, and Trundle

@Trundle, is there really any reason to not believe Vanessa's claim? 14v5v1 is completely unreasonable, and Vanessa's claim explains the kill drop. Only reasonable explanation for her lying is if she's SK, and if she is, she's basically killed herself because she's going have to kill someone at some point in the game

It was mostly over the fact that she claimed the shot but didn't elaborate on thought process or give a role name. However with the role name I'm accepting it

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I'm glad people are actually bringing up the fact, why would Vanessa shoot someone who softclaimed blue 3 times

I was going to say something about me lying about getting hit not making any sense but then I realized that whoever saved me can confirm should it be necessary, so I'll refrain from that.

As for the Vanessa v. Bianca situation, personally I'm not inclined to believe there are two Town-Sided killers in this game. Balance meta tells me that two Town-Sided killers is only really commonplace in much larger games where numbers should be dwindling much quicker. Even though it isn't much, I feel like one of them could very well be SK because of this, and in all honesty, I feel like Bianca would fit the bill much more than Vanessa at this point. I don't know of any games where Bianca has played as TP, but Bianca fits very well into the "first time TP" meta of acting in a more isolated manner, and becoming more inactive so as not to help any faction, Town or Scum.

Like I said, it's not much, but I'm more inclined to believe Vanessa than Bianca right now. Of course, I could be completely wrong and there could actually be two Town-Sided killers, but we don't know that at this point.

no, bianca is telling the truth. in my eyes she is 100% confirmed to be town. the way she made her recent posts screams town motivation.

its vanessa i'm worried about, but Dolby has given a few good points about her being town.

It was mostly over the fact that she claimed the shot but didn't elaborate on thought process or give a role name. However with the role name I'm accepting it

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I'm glad people are actually bringing up the fact, why would Vanessa shoot someone who softclaimed blue 3 times

Why would vanessa shoot someone who soft claimed? because she is new to this game and doesn't know what that is nor how to recognize as far as reads go

What the heck is going on, can we please lynch Dolby now...

We're not lynching Dolby today. His recent posts are giving me town vibes. I'm making a reads post at the moment, from what I've gathered so far I'm starting to think that Evan/Jacob/Toads/Locket has scum in it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why would vanessa shoot someone who soft claimed? because she is new to this game and doesn't know what that is nor how to recognize as far as reads go

dang son, you're doing a fine job of white knighting Vanessa :^)

- - - Post Merge - - -

eh less on Jacob atm. Think that theres scum in Locket/Evan/Dolby (less on him, I still can't get over how i felt about him earlier) and possibly Toad, but I don't think I want to lynch Dolby or toad right now bc i'm starting to become less confident in my reads on them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

god i'm having a hard time structuring this, FINAL NOTE FOR NOW: I am suspicious of Locket/Evan/Trundle/Dolby at this current moment, and I still have a suspicion on Toadsworthy. I don't think I want a Toad/Dolby lynch today.

We're not lynching Dolby today. His recent posts are giving me town vibes. I'm making a reads post at the moment, from what I've gathered so far I'm starting to think that Evan/Jacob/Toads/Locket has scum in it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

dang son, you're doing a fine job of white knighting Vanessa :^)

- - - Post Merge - - -

eh less on Jacob atm. Think that theres scum in Locket/Evan/Dolby (less on him, I still can't get over how i felt about him earlier) and possibly Toad, but I don't think I want to lynch Dolby or toad right now bc i'm starting to become less confident in my reads on them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

god i'm having a hard time structuring this, FINAL NOTE FOR NOW: I am suspicious of Locket/Evan/Trundle/Dolby at this current moment, and I still have a suspicion on Toadsworthy. I don't think I want a Toad/Dolby lynch today.

someone has to stick up for the little man, its a hard job, but I'm up to it

I can't really blame Vanessa for not seeing or understanding the blue slip, I barely mentally noted it myself (though at the very least I did tuck it away for later consideration). If I was vig I certainly wouldn't have shot Farobi though. I'm not sure who to believe in Vanessa/Bianca or whether there can be two town killers this game - based on the reduction in KP it seems it could be possible? SK would be killing every night right? Unless Bianca is SK and just doesn't know what to do.

Point being, we should lynch outside the blue claims rn. Idk who to vote for rn but I'll unvote Bianca

I felt Trundle was genuine when he entered the thread, but he has been kind of lurky and I'm not sure I like his reads all that well. Plus his immediate reaction is to disbelieve Vanessa which is a little weird. Too lazy to do an ISO right now but I may go through and read his posts again

Locket is just all around lurky and therefore kind of scummy to me. I'd be fine with a locket lynch and would need more info before being 100% fine with a Trundle lynch

I felt Trundle was genuine when he entered the thread, but he has been kind of lurky and I'm not sure I like his reads all that well. Plus his immediate reaction is to disbelieve Vanessa which is a little weird. Too lazy to do an ISO right now but I may go through and read his posts again

Locket is just all around lurky and therefore kind of scummy to me. I'd be fine with a locket lynch and would need more info before being 100% fine with a Trundle lynch

hmm and while you're still here what is your thoughts on Toadsworthy/Dolby

I still trust toads rn, I feel his leading the lynch day 1 and being so open about it indicates he's town.

Dolby has been posting actively and going after people and such, so I'm inclined to townlean him. BoTW was a game where it was incredibly obvious Dolby wasn't acting like his usual self, this isn't one of those games. However, I'm not sure about his motivations. loose townlean

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh and am I stupid or why is ness still posting if he died?

I still trust toads rn, I feel his leading the lynch day 1 and being so open about it indicates he's town.

Dolby has been posting actively and going after people and such, so I'm inclined to townlean him. BoTW was a game where it was incredibly obvious Dolby wasn't acting like his usual self, this isn't one of those games. However, I'm not sure about his motivations. loose townlean

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh and am I stupid or why is ness still posting if he died?

ness isn't dead lol

no one else gets to use tree stumps!!!

huh...kinda interesting seeing Evan question whether I died or not.

okay evan's new posts gives me a bit of extra leeway to work with, still writing reads post.

- - - Post Merge - - -

OH LMAO I MISREAD f11'S ROLE NAME AS "NESS" HAHAHA

- - - Post Merge - - -

fml :lemon:

you know this gives me town vibes for the stupidest of reasons

huh...kinda interesting seeing Evan question whether I died or not.

okay evan's new posts gives me a bit of extra leeway to work with, still writing reads post.

- - - Post Merge - - -

you know this gives me town vibes for the stupidest of reasons

I misread "ned" as "ness" that's all lmao

shows how much I've been paying attention with this stupid flu :\

1 kp would be ridic but there could be an sk?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Could be 2kp with an sk/vig, with one of those shots hitting a veteran/doctor protection/missing for another reason

okay reading the thread this makes me think Vanessa is telling the truth, because this wasn't known at the time but Oath pointed it out for seemingly little reason.

- - - Post Merge - - -

JUST A NOTE BEFORE YOU READ THIS: This list is incomplete and only goes down to my nulls. I would expand more on the reads, but I'm wayyyyyy too tired to finish this. I'll do the rest tomorrow.

COLOUR CODE
Townlock - Townlean - Null - Scumlean - Scumread

xCleb
Biancasboutique
Kit

Kirbystarship
KermitTea
Evan

Vanessamay18
PandaDarling
Jacob

Dolby
Toadsworthy
Trundle
Locket

List is from least suspicious to most suspicious, but its a bit of a 2 way tie between Trundle/Locket. Going to try and keep the reads short and simple bc I am on a bit of a time crunch.

xCleb: With his interactions with Oath and along with the fact that he claimed to have been hit and saved, he is practically confirmed. A bit weird how he wasn't nightkilled, though.

Kit: Heyden townlocked her for 0 reason, implied that he investigated her N1 and she returned town.

Biancasboutique: This is a bit weird, but I can't see her in any way flipping scum. She counterclaimed Vanessa as vigilante, but the main kicker is this:

How can there be two vigs? I thought there is only one vigilante in every game?

The fact that she said this absolutely SCREAMS town motivation in my eyes. If she was scum (or even an SK for that matter) I doubt she would be this ballsy and claim due to thinking that there isn't a second vigilante.

Kirbystarship: Mostly due to how he treated the Oath lynch, he was the final vote and I feel like if he were scum he would have switched to either Dolby/Vanessa.

KermitTea: Hasn't really done anything particularly town but I'm moreso basing it off of how Tae acted.

AmazonEvan19: Okay I was scumleaning him earlier, but seriously the way he was interacting with Oath it is making me want to believe that he is townsided.

Ok I only see the 8 players post and the one post he advocated for lynching between oath/me/toads/panda. Maybe he was on to something?

I'll vote oath for now.

Barely even the beginning of Day 2 and he votes for oath2order straight away. There are his other interactions with Oath, which also kinda read more as Town v Scum in my eyes.

VanessaMay18: Ugh this is so conflicting, I'm kinda noob townleaning her right now but I seriously don't understand the logic behind her shooting Farobi. I find the idea of her being town becoming more of a possibility but I just can't get a solid read on her. More of a conditional read if anything, because if Trundle turns out being scum then she is probably 90% town in my eyes.

PandaDarling: Eh...I'm just really not that sure about this one. It kinda seems as if Oath was trying to pocket her but I'm still kinda starting to lean towards her being scum.

Jacob: Null scumleaning him. I don't particularly like how hard he pushed for Dolby over Oath during D2.

Back