Mafia Caxnival Mafia: Game Thread - End Game

Dolby said:
This is definetely the weakest of my reads. The only thing that makes me suspect her is that she reacts to Bianca's disappearance and not any of the others (ness, Jacob) after Bianca is being substantially sussed. It seems very bandwagony, and the fact that it's right after the discussion on Oath has died down makes me think that a Locket/Oath team is possible here.
200.gif

This post right here makes we want to go back and see all of the proven scum's interactions with Locket. I may have to do this at 12 midnight tonight due to my schedule but I may just do it XD

Who do you think the last mafia is?

Kirby. I know for a fact no one will believe me.

I'm Charlie the monkey, a Townie

First, a monkey? As a townie? So far all town has been pretty human. So far, the scum rolls have been pretty weird (ex. Oath being Mary the Eternally-Pregnant Woman.) I personally don't see how a monkey could be town.

Dolby - Andra the bearded lady the townie
Vanessamay - Jasper the Sword swallower the vigilante
Kirbystarship - Charlie the Monkey the townie
Amazonevan19 - Tavern wench the townie
Toadsworthy - Zel the fire breather the roleblocker
Locket - Rene the Contortionist the townie

I'm gonna bring this up because of what Dolby was told to use as a claim name. Also to back up the fact that the Town is human/mostly human.

Reason 1: Suspicious roll

(for the sake of making this post a little shorter, I cut out the townreads and a lot of the text.)
scumleans:

Kit- I don't like how you are trying to act neutral during the lynch on D1

it just feels like you are trying to avoid joining the banwagon by saying this and making look like you're trying to act neutral in order to keep sus from you.

Bianca- want her to post more, I just find it strange how she been posting a lot in beginning of game but then she disappears. Town Bianca usually tries to help, but I just see her coasting.

Panda- didn't like her RQS answers and how she went after the newbies and that amazon switch was just off.

heyden is at a null /scumlean the only thing I didn't like was how he contradict himself

Nulls:

Locket- needs to post more before I can give a read on him
f11, xCleb and Amazon I have a hard time reading you
Dolby just replaced in
Vannessa- I could see her saying what is quick topic as a way to act like she is a townie and she is scum. Don't want to read her quickly because of Bianca in Dan's game where she acted like she didn't know what she was doing.

Reads where I was null. (also *her just so you know)

The next reads he posted: (also cut the townleans)
Nulls:

venessa- need more posts from you

Dolby- I'm not sure, he seems to be playing like his town self but he's good at blending in.

f11- can't read you

scumlean:

Panda- didn't like how you went after easy targets like the newbies, your vote on amazon felt strange, and how you said you would claim but didn't.

Kit- seemed very coasty on D1, and I still didn't like how you acted neutral during the D1 lynch. You didn't push Oath that hard TBH.

Bianca- my strongest scumlean, she was very active in the beginning of the game but then she disappeared for a long time. And the only posts she made was her just saying I'm busy. And she doesn't want to give her thoughts on everyone in this game. I feel like she's trying to avoid bussing her scum partners. And the ... in a lot of her posts as well.

Locket- I feel like you are just sheeping along TBH

Heyden- seems to be playing differently and not joking as much and the contradictions in his posts and you feel very pushy TBH. Still think you're very pushy when scum.

I know I have 5 scum, I think scum is prob in Locket or Bianca but strongly leaning toards Bianca.

The reads seem to quickly switch me to scum with little backup as to why.

Reason 2: Accused me of scum with little backup with the reads. Though I might just be over-reacting

Now, if he is scum, he does a very, very good job of blending in. Going with the Bianca and Dolby lynch would be an incredibly smart move for scum. Though, the sudden push for Dolby lynch is kinda off, and the Bianca could be planned since she's a talking head. This is if he's scum.

I know they probably aren't very good claims, but here.

Actually I'm Viki the Llama, a townie, which is not human.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well regardless, if Kirby is set on Locket and amazon already voted Locket, I'm going to also keep it on Locket. Are we all ready to accept our fate? By the way, if Kirby is scum I'm dumbfounded. Well played to everyone in this game.

Actually I'm Viki the Llama, a townie, which is not human.

Yep. Forgot about that roll.

I was mainly going from Toads post, and since it wasn't there it slipped past me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm going to say my roll just once more.
I'm Ren? the Contortionist, a townie.

@locket

Reason1: How is my role weird? It is just a monkey.

Reason2: I called you out for sheeping cause you were going with the Majority of people and you didn't give your thoughts. I can give you some examples where you went with the majority.

On pushing Dolby on D5 I did find him scummy on D4 cause he was less helpful and didn't seem to be worried on who we lynch, he's usually worried who we lynch when he's town. And at the start of D5 I found him online right when Day post was up so I wanted to question him on it but he didn't respond to me.

Locket, thanks for explaining your vote. I disagree with you, but active contribution is better than nothing.

Regarding role claims: a quick look at the role list shows me that all scum roles have been either strange (like the eternally pregnant woman) or seemingly benign (magician, world's strongest man). There have been no animals so far except Kirby and Trundle, who are for intent of this argument, unconfirmed. The town roles have all been fairly varied, like the mayor of Caxnival or a lion tamer.

The moral of the story is, we can tell practically nothing from the role names themselves.

Everyone is going to claim townie at this point, and unfortunately for you locket, the role name defense doesn't work since if your logic was correct, the game should be over at this point...with two scum being the animals, and their two KP would have ended the game already. So I think you're reaching here just to try and kill Kirby, when it's a very flimsy argument to be making.

Regarding Kirby's lack of elaboration: He actually did elaborate on you, albeit rather briefly. He tunneled Bianca like crazy for a couple phases and helped get Dolby voted off. Like Trundle said, if he's scum, he's done a fantastic job and tbh deserves to win. But he's been exceedingly helpful to town this game, and the only thing you've really done is try to vote off a widely townread player. The most effort you've put into this game is only when you realized you couldn't coast anymore and were probably going to die and let your scummates down.

Have some work to do, then I'll see about how oath, Bianca, and dolby have interacted with the remaining players. May just narrow it down to Locket, idk. But I'm pretty comfortable with voting her off with the options presented before me

Ok, here it is, every single scum mention of Locket as nearly as I can tell.

Dolby said:
Trundle said:
That's why I still think Kit has a higher chance of being town than anyone else, but that doesn't confirm anything. Heyden might have just had a feeling and inspected someone else.
Godfather was dead at that point, why wouldn't the person who he inspected be townlocked. Also, why leave Kit on the same level as me, locket, and evan, and elevate Kirby if you think that she's the most town

Dolby said:
Kinda think that Locket's going after Evan because we do have an SK, maf has one KP, and they realized that they need to get rid of him to win the game. Locket knows by now that it's town autoloss if we lynch SK (if there is one). Regardless, I still believe that Trundle is the best lynch, and Locket could be redeemed from this with tonight's kill data if we get through today by there being one kill tonight.

Dolby said:
I want a Trundle/Panda lynch today, Toads has been pretty townie today specifically. But I’d be fine with a Locket lynch. Panda has been really erratic today, shifting to 3 people (one who was 100% clear beforehand, one who’s claim is directly provable, and now me). Honestly, same case for Trundle, except that he’s going after people I feel are obviously town (Vanessa) who I guess isn’t 100% clear, but the circumstances of their claim (and oath’s townie claim) scream town about them

Dolby said:
Ok so: Kit, Cleb, Vanessa clear

Honestly, Is rather not lynch Bianca or Locket as we really don't get any information from either of their deaths. I'd much rather stick with Toads, Panda, and Trundle

@Trundle, is there really any reason to not believe Vanessa's claim? 14v5v1 is completely unreasonable, and Vanessa's claim explains the kill drop. Only reasonable explanation for her lying is if she's SK, and if she is, she's basically killed herself because she's going have to kill someone at some point in the game

Biancasbotique said:
Locket just loves to sus on me since the beginning , and of course she has to go with town vote sooner or later and back to me when the sus is back on me

Biancasbotique said:
I don't mind lynching Locket, she has been inactive as hell. And of course, you constantly defending Vanessa is just suspicious..

Biancasbotique said:
I wanna see who Belle is first, so I don't waste my shot on this person.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ok so Vanessa and Locket are out..I won't announce who I suss next to Vanessa...

- - - Post Merge - - -

yikes!! i don't have time to read all the reads at all!! Sorry this has been my problem since day one...I really wanna shoot the most scummy one and Vanessa is all I can think about!!

This is one game I wish is a pm game!!

biancasbotique said:
What about the others?? Should I consider who they want..

Vanessa is really who I want to shoot, but if town wants Locket. Locket it is!

biancasbotique said:
okay I am going to shoot Locket. What time should I send it in?

Bolded some mentions of Locket, there are more than the bold but yeah. Still trying to dissect the meaning of all of it, as I'm not so sure I like Bianca's willingness to kill her off. But Bianca knew it was a bunch of BS anyway, since Bianca was a fake vig, so she could just claim getting blocked or something. So there's that.

Plus, mafia seemed to keep waffling on whether to kill her or not. Probably since sus ebbed and flowed on Locket, so they were deliberating on whether to sacrifice Locket or not.

- - - Post Merge - - -

it is worthy of note that panda and oath seemed to ignore Locket almost completely

Last edited:
Night Six

It takes only moments for Olivia to track down baby Susie. She screeches at the top of her lungs from where she is cradled in the arms of a monkey.

?Susie!?

The shout startles the monkey and he disappears across the rooftops of the city. Olivia drops down into the dirt. Her once pristine cornflower blue suit now stained with blood and filth. She sobs there, on the ground, realising that it?s over.

?What?s the matter with you??

Olivia?s hands tighten into fists when she looks up to see Noelle. She works at the tavern opposite the late Percival?s little house. Whenever they had gone in there she would spend the entire time flirting with Vern. And he had spent much of it looking down her dress.

?My parents are dead. Vern is hurt. And the spawn of Satan has just be stolen by a monkey.?

?Vernon?s hurt?? Noelle?s temper changes at once. Her eyes scan the streets until she locates his body, still lying unconscious in the alleyway next to Gus? corpse.

The Londoner growls and jumps to her feet. ?Leave him alone!?

?Oh please, do you really think that a sophisticated man like him is interested in a child like you?? Noelle flips her hair. ?Oh don?t look so shocked. You?re so transparent.?

Olivia kicks a dustbin and stomps away. Quentin had gone in the direction of the clock tower.

An explosion causes the ground to tremble. The clock tower bursts into flames and the structure caves in on itself. Olivia ducks and covers her head. When she opens her eyes all of the surrounding buildings are on fire.

Out of the corner of her eye she spies it - Quentin, holding baby Susie. He snickers and vanishes in a cloud of smoke.

A chorus of cries catches her attention. In an alleyway, numerous cages hold a variety of exotic animals. She undoes the bolts on each one, allowing them to flee from the flames. The only one not to flee is a llama. Putting years of equestrian training to the test, she mounts the creatures back. It at once sets into motion, it?s movements manic, but somehow Olivia is able to guide her.

The llama takes her to a bunker on the outskirts of the city. A man stands outside reading a newspaper.

?Where is the magician??

The man looks her over and then smiles, tossing down the paper.

?You? you are stunning.? Ren? walks in a small circle around her. ?Girls in Luxembourg do not dress like this.?

Olivia bites her lip. ?You know I?m??

Her words are cut off as she gets a closer look at Ren?. What looks to be black trousers on first glance appears to be a long skirt. His long eyelashes have been accentuated with mascara, and his lips tinted are red. It takes Olivia a moment to realise that he isn?t wearing lipstick.

Ren? crumples to the ground, his words inaudible over the gurgling of blood filling his throat. Behind him, Quentin stands with baby Susie in arm. She?s red in the face and wailing like a banshee.

?I told you to go home, little girl.? Quentin puts the barrel of the gun to the baby?s head and pulls. Susie?s cries silence at once. Her head falls slack on her neck. The magician throws the infant to the floor. ?There, now you have nothing in Caxnival worth living for.?

Olivia vomits, barely managing to aim it away from the contortionist at her feet. His face twists in horror as he takes his final breath.

?There?s still Vern.?

Quentin snorts. ?I killed Vernon Luckette and his wench.?

Another gunshot sounds. The llama lets out a whine of pain and collapses in the dirt.

Olivia falls to her knees. Her mother is dead. Her father is dead. The man she loves is dead. And this city is going down in flames.

When she looks up once more, Quentin is staring down the barrel of the gun.

?Sweet dreams, Olivia.?

Locket aka. Ren? the Contortionist (Unaware Miller).

Ren? the Contortionist (Unaware Miller)
You were into the performance arts long before your arrival in Caxnival. After a particularly humiliating performance in Paris, that made you the laughing stock throughout the whole of France, you fled across the English Channel and rode the train to this little haven in the countryside where you intend to lay low for a while.

You have no abilities beyond your voice and your vote - so make them count!

Unbeknowst to you, your status as an illegal immigrant in the United Kingdom means that you will return mafia-aligned to inspection.

Game Over

The town is no longer capable of winning.
The safe haven of Caxnival has been looted and destroyed.
The cannibals have won.

The remaining players roles were:

amazonevan19 aka. Noelle the Tavern Wench (Townie)

Noelle the Tavern Wench (Townie)
You have a reputation for being a bit of a tart, but what?s wrong with knocking boots with strangers in the back room? Nothing, that?s what! Recently you?ve eyes for the mysterious gentleman, Vernon Luckette, who has just arrived in town.

Your win objective is to rid the town of all non-town aligned players. You win when there are no threats remaining against the town.

Trundle aka. Viki the Llama (Townie)

Viki the Llama (Townie)
You are one of the inhabitants in the Caxnival Children?s Petting Zoo! You are fluffy and adorable! What else is there really to say?

Your win objective is to rid the town of all non-town aligned players. You win when there are no threats remaining against the town.

Kirbystarship aka. Charlie the Monkey (Framer)

Charlie the Monkey (Framer)
Locked in your cage, night after night, people consider you to be unintelligent. But you understand their words and know that even when they are speaking in kind voices they are insulting you. While you play their games on stage, swinging around from the bars and obeying commands, you spend the nights staring at the bars planning your revenge. No one knows that you know how to manipulate the lock to let you escape, allowing you to visit one player a night and leave incriminating evidence outside of their doors.

Each night you may PM the host the name of another player. If you use this action on a town-player they will return mafia-aligned to inspection. If you use this action on one of your teammates then they will return town-aligned to inspection. You cannot select the same person two nights in a row.

Your win objective is to equal or outnumber the town. If there are any threats remaining once you accomplish this you must also take them out before you?re declared the winner.

Your mafia chat is located here: [omitted].

Important Links

Sibling Chat
A Psychological Analysis of the Two-Headed Girl

Mafia Chat
Caxnival Carnival Cannibals

Observers Chat
The Great Big White Circus Tent in the Sky

Action List
Spreadsheet

Night Two was so insane that oath2order has kindly made a graphic depicting the night actions. This game could have played out very differently otherwise.

MlT623O.png

Set-Up​

This game was designed to promote analysis, strategising, and teamwork. A custom theme was designed to encourage users to analyse one another rather than trying to analyse the theme to determine whether role names were town or mafia. The set-up of the mafia team and how their kills worked was to encourage players to think about the good of the team rather than self-preservation. And the purpose of the mafia tree stump was for my own personal amusement.

The Theme​

The original Caxnival was a six-part television screenplay I wrote over 2015-2016 for university. I had intended to pitch it to the BBC but I was never satisfied enough with it. It focused on a city-wide game with several phases, orchestrated by Mayor Carroll, with a large cash prize at the end that Vernon and Olivia desperately needed. If there is any interest I could adapt Season 2 into a game as well.

The Thornton family, Vernon Luckette, Mayor Carroll, Alice, and Noelle are the only characters from the original series that were carried over to this game. The only other character not unique to this game was Ren?. He?s the protagonist of a novel I?ve been working on since 2013 titled Last Train Home. The Caxnival he called home was a French travelling circus intended for 18+ audiences set in the current century.

The word ?Caxnival? is meaningless. If you Googled this word you likely came across a song from nine years ago called PARASITE by Koki Tanaka. Back when this song first came out there was debate on the interpretation of the word ?caxnival?. I have never been able to get the similarity of the words carnival and cannibal out of my head since ? and thus the cannibal carnival of Caxnival came to be.

I always share music when I end my games, but Johnny?s Entertainment music is a pain to find online, so instead I present you with the song that inspired the atmosphere of the original series: Dollstown by AlterRed:

Thanks for playing!

Back