• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Caxnival Mafia: Game Thread - End Game

There is argumentation. You are arguing about this lynch. Obviously your scum buddies are not going to defend you in the thread. Once you die it'd be over for them. (ie amazonevan who is largely afk)

There were literally 20+ hours of inactivity, with literally no one posting, because everyone feels satisfied with this lynch, including maf.. Kits clear. If I was maf, I could easily have blitzed with my teammate onto you once Kit voted.

I mean, if the confirmed's voting Trundle, and I happen to think both Dolby and Trundle are likely scums, I might as well switch...will quickly check the vote margin to make sure I'm not tying it up

- - - Post Merge - - -

if I'm counting correctly, it's 4-2 Dolby right now...so I can't change :\

You guys are welcome to blitz me if you want, it just means town loses. I would take an equal amount of satisfaction proving myself right as I would winning the game. It's a bit of a win win for me

- - - Post Merge - - -

Regardless, that's not true Dolby. You had votes on you before Kit voted which would have been 3-3. It would just give away the last scum. Also, thanks for confirming that there is indeed one mafia teammate left

This is a second time that you said something anti-town. I mean I am mafia, but cmon..now

You want people to lynch you ?

- - - Post Merge - - -

If I am town, I will definitely be tunneling you to death by now. You saying you want town to lose twice to make a point?

Seriously?

Night Five

It had been dawn by the time Vern and Olivia had left the clock tower with baby Susie in tow. The fighting had died down by now, with most of the residents either lying crumpled in bloodied heaps on the floor or seated on the sidewalk while medics treated their wounds. The Londoners decide to head back to Percival?s house, but something in an alleyway catches their eye.

?Is that???

A hulking mass of muscle sits atop a throne of bones. She holds a human thigh in her red-soaked hands, as her teeth sink into the pasty flesh and strip it right off of the bone. Her teeth are like knives and she chews with her mouth wide open, spittle gathering in her beard.

?Vernon??

?Not now, Olive.?

Vern doesn?t wait for her rebuttal. He runs forward, picking up the remains of a fibula and holding it out like a sword. The woman spits out the meat she?s chewing.

?What the hell do you out-of-towners want?? She throws down the limb. ?Here to laugh at the bearded freak in a dress??

With that, the bearded woman pulls at her frock. It tears at the seams. This leaves her stood merely in a pair of leopard print briefs and a pair of flip flops. The bearded woman is a man.

?No, Miss Andra??

?You can call me Gus.? The man steps down the tower of human bones, picking up the remains of a femur and licking the length of it. ?But you can?t fool me with your fancy talk. I know that there kid you tout as your brother is just a wench in disguise.?

The two men meet in the centre of the alleyway. Less than a meter apart, they shake hands and bow. Vern wields his fibula and Gus his femur.

Then the two begin to spar. Gus is sloppy but aggressive, making every blow. Meanwhile Vernon Luckette plays defence, parrying each move with the elegance only a man accustomed to city ballrooms can muster.

Susie wails in Olivia?s arms as she watches the two men dual. Others have begun to crowd around, watching as the two men try to settle their differences in an honourable English manner. Until finally Vern strikes Gus hard in the chest. Blood weeps from the wound and he crumples to the floor.

The residents cheer. But then their faces turn grave. Vern turns around a minute too late as Gus, seemingly recovered from the attack, wields the femur like a club and whacks Vern around the head with it. The stylist drops to the floor with the force of the blow. Olivia runs to him, dropping to her knees, but he is out cold. She looks up in time to see Gus once more hit the ground.

?I didn?t know I could manipulate the dead. That?s a good skill to know.? From behind the throne of bones, the magician Quentin emerges. He stands before them, hands on hips, and smirks as he wrenches the fibula from Gus? chest. ?What a shame that clumsy oaf perished. But, luckily for us, he was only the muscle.?

Olivia?s growl is audible even over Susie?s screams. ?What in the devil?s name is your problem!??

?This city is ours, as is the treasure beneath it.? He licks the bone in his hand clean of blood then tosses it to the ground. Instead he picks up a decapitated human head. Olivia?s stomach turns as she realises it?s the head of the kind town crier Percival. ?Cut your losses, little girl, and go home to your precious London Town. Marry that foreign Prince of yours and forget what you saw here. There is no longer a place for you in Caxnival.?

Dolby aka Gus the World?s Strongest Man (Mafia Strongman) was lynched.

Gus the World?s Strongest Man (Mafia Strongman)
Other people may carry weapons, or have mystical powers, but you don?t need smoke and mirrors to showcase your worth. You are the world?s strongest man, which aids you in your quest. Once per night you can physically kill another player in the game.

Each night you may PM the host the name of the person you wish to kill. This kill cannot be blocked.

As your role name is indicative of your role, you have been provided an optional safe claim of: Andra the Bearded Lady.

Your win objective is to equal or outnumber the town. If there are any threats remaining once you accomplish this you must also take them out before you?re declared the winner.

Night Five is scheduled to end Monday 23rd October 11pm BST / 6pm EDT / 3pm PDT.

Oh ****, I thought I would get raked over the coals for not being here EoD but it looks like we got scum anyway. Hell yeah

k so time to not be lazy and do some of my own original analysis...oh but I got a presentation to not slack off on and a paper to write :^) Fairly confident I won't die during the night phase though since maf is gonna tunnel me to hell

- - - Post Merge - - -

So out of the five people remaining, not including me, I'm near certain Kirby is town, Locket is a townlean, Kit is townlean, and Trundle is a scumlean. I'd have to review Kit's posts to make sure but seeing as Kit is nearly confirmed due to Heyden's investigate, I think this one's an easy choice. Trundle's interactions with Dolby seem to reinforce my theory that Dolby was trying to bus his teammate

- - - Post Merge - - -

Plus Trundle's insistence on dying just to prove a point reeks of WIFOM and is super anti-town behavior

mafs if you wanna just kill meh real fast like so the night phase can end real early like, I'll love you forever <3

If Kit doesn't die today I'll be incredibly surprised. But if I do die it's either Kit or amazon. My guess is Amazon as I still think it's likely Kit was inspected. Town will be in your hands though kirby.

Also, it's laughable that Amazon thinks he would in any way be a target today. The fact he said that makes me think he's the last mafia trying to pull a quick one

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also if Amazon dies tonight and flips town I'll eat my shoe. It's simply not going to happen

Also, it's laughable that Amazon thinks he would in any way be a target today. The fact he said that makes me think he's the last mafia trying to pull a quick one

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also if Amazon dies tonight and flips town I'll eat my shoe. It's simply not going to happen

amazonevan19 said:
Fairly confident I won't die during the night phase though since maf is gonna tunnel me to hell

LUL

my second post was a joke to get you to finish the night faster Trundle :)

LUL

my second post was a joke to get you to finish the night faster Trundle :)

The fact that you've put no attention on me or effort into this game until now when you're being relied on by your dead scum friends is evidence enough

The fact that you've put no attention on me or effort into this game until now when you're being relied on by your dead scum friends is evidence enough

The fact you apparently haven't read any of my posts until now when you're just now realizing how screwed you are for defending your dead scum friends is evidence enough

- - - Post Merge - - -

also LUL Trundle's lowkey 180 on Kit when he was trying to cast sus on Kit to save Dolby

The fact you apparently haven't read any of my posts until now when you're just now realizing how screwed you are for defending your dead scum friends is evidence enough

- - - Post Merge - - -

also LUL Trundle's lowkey 180 on Kit when he was trying to cast sus on Kit to save Dolby

Are you serious? I maintained a steady "probably town" on Kit for the entirety of yesterday, meanwhile I have been the first one to vote Doing the last two days

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

This post is a major conflict with this one of yours:

I just skimmed Dolby's post and checked the voting thread, and see I'm getting sussed alongside Trundle. Tbh Dolby's logic vs. trundle really makes sense, and I can see why process of elimination would dictate I could be his partner. I'm not though, and I feel dolby's just bussing trundle before he goes down and I still think Dolby needs to go today. The only argument I am seeing people give for me being a partner is process of elimination, but the fact people can't put a finger on why I seem scummy to them is rather suspicious itself.

I'll actually read what I've missed here shortly, just posting here with a quick checking in

- - - Post Merge - - -

ok, catching up was less strenuous than expected. Trundle, I frankly think you and Dolby are the last two scum. Locket's kind of redeemed herself the past phase in my view, and Dolby pointed out a lot of your questionable behavior very succinctly, but I think it's because he knows from scumchat the strategies you guys tried to cook up and they've all mostly not worked. Hence, he has insider knowledge to post an excruciatingly detailed Ness-like manifesto against you, because he knows full well your thought processes as a scummate.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why is it unlikely that Dolby and Trundle planned this? Why are you focused so much on me and not on the other two? Is it because I've sussed you so much?

First you're saying, "Trundle and Dolby planned this as a bus", but now you're saying I was trying to save him yesterday all along. You are changing your stories as it is convenient to you because you're trying to frame me. However now that a hole has been spotted it's quite apparent. You are just digging yourself deeper.

Are you serious? I maintained a steady "probably town" on Kit for the entirety of yesterday, meanwhile I have been the first one to vote Doing the last two days

Are YOU serious? You know full well you tried to cast suspicion on Kit by saying "Heyden investigating him doesn't mean Kit's guaranteed town guys" when Dolby was getting suspected. You did it lowkey enough and then said "well maybe he's town" so you could hide your 180. But you know that's what you tried to do - get us to lynch Kit rather than your scummate.

Also, one of my favorite scum tactics is to cite voting records as a defense. Why? Because it's easy to cite them and say "see! I voted first and voted for scum!" because you know who's town and who's not anyway, so you can cite your votes as being pro-town. So the fact you brought that up in defense of yourself doesn't do yourself any favors in my book - I've seen scum do that a lot and I've done it myself.

First you're saying, "Trundle and Dolby planned this as a bus", but now you're saying I was trying to save him yesterday all along. You are changing your stories as it is convenient to you because you're trying to frame me. However now that a hole has been spotted it's quite apparent. You are just digging yourself deeper.
Because both narratives can (and did) happen at the same time yesterday. You tried to get us to sus Kit to save Dolby, then as it became apparent that plan wouldn't work out, you threw yourself into fighting Dolby so you could distance yourself from him as far as possible once he flipped scum. There's no story to change here when it's all part of the plan you tried to enact for the last couple of phases, which culminated yesterday.

- - - Post Merge - - -

also if scum KP is fixed that means we'll be at 3-1 tomorrow...yikes. Crossing fingers it's down to 1 now that only 1 scum is left

- - - Post Merge - - -

*2-1 tomorrow

Are YOU serious? You know full well you tried to cast suspicion on Kit by saying "Heyden investigating him doesn't mean Kit's guaranteed town guys" when Dolby was getting suspected. You did it lowkey enough and then said "well maybe he's town" so you could hide your 180. But you know that's what you tried to do - get us to lynch Kit rather than your scummate.

Also, one of my favorite scum tactics is to cite voting records as a defense. Why? Because it's easy to cite them and say "see! I voted first and voted for scum!" because you know who's town and who's not anyway, so you can cite your votes as being pro-town. So the fact you brought that up in defense of yourself doesn't do yourself any favors in my book - I've seen scum do that a lot and I've done it myself.

Because both narratives can (and did) happen at the same time yesterday. You tried to get us to sus Kit to save Dolby, then as it became apparent that plan wouldn't work out, you threw yourself into fighting Dolby so you could distance yourself from him as far as possible once he flipped scum. There's no story to change here when it's all part of the plan you tried to enact for the last couple of phases, which culminated yesterday.

- - - Post Merge - - -

also if scum KP is fixed that means we'll be at 3-1 tomorrow...yikes. Crossing fingers it's down to 1 now that only 1 scum is left

- - - Post Merge - - -

*2-1 tomorrow

I never got anyone to sus Kit. If I wanted Kit to be lynched I would have voted Kit. Can you bring up any instance yesterday where I suggested we lynch Kit? At all?

I never got anyone to sus Kit. If I wanted Kit to be lynched I would have voted Kit. Can you bring up any instance yesterday where I suggested we lynch Kit? At all?

You never got anyone to sus Kit because your argument got shot down almost immediately, so you never suggested a lynch.

My point is not that you actively proposed a Kit lynch; my point is that you wanted town to start doubting Kit and lead to his being a lynch candidate over Dolby. Again, I've done similar things as scum where I just go "oh, what if this guy could be scum because x reason," and that gets town to start pursuing that avenue of thought while I sit back and hope a lynch on said guy materializes.

If you suggested a lynch on Kit with Dolby still around, you'd have confirmed yourself as his scummate right then and there. ;)

Back