Island
Vylbrand
Zodiac Dragon Figurine
Orange Balloon
Red Balloon
Green Balloon
Blue Balloon
AAhJuzT.png

A closed set-up, no-PM game with unique role names.

BEccBLL.png

Come one, come all, to a magnificent city of magic and wonder - where each and every member of this cast has two faces. In this fast-paced community of sycophants, everyone is welcome to rent a property but no one would dare to buy a home. This is an interval in life away from the realities of the real world, tucked into a little nook in the English countryside. But something has gone awry and it’s up to the city’s guests to find the cause.

How do you solve a murder in a town where nothing is as it seems?

♛ Key Posts
Day One
Night One
Day Two
Night Two
Day Three
Night Three
Intermission
Day Four
Night Four
Day Five
Night Five
Day Six

♛ Player List​
01. Dad - Killed N1. Raf the Lion-Tamer (Townie)
02. Heyden - Killed N2. Ayla the Living Statue (Detective)
03. Farobi - Killed N1. Lady Thornton of London Town (Townie)
04. Jacob - Perished N3. Belle (Sibling/Sleeper Vigilante)
05. Curry Dolby- Lynched D5. Gus the World's Strongest Man (Mafia Strongman)
06. N e s s - Killed N3. Alice the Never-Aging Boy (Doctor)
07. oath2order - Lynched D2. Mary the Eternally-Pregnant Woman (Godfather)
08. toadsworthy - Killed N4. Zel the Fire-Breather (Town Roleblocker)
09. SensaiGallade - Lynched D1. Mayor Carroll of Caxnival (Townie)
10. VanessaMay18 - Killed N4. Jasper the Sword-Swallower (Vigilante)
11. xCleb - Killed N3. Xander the Mime (Vote Stealer)
12. tae KermitTea - Modkilled D3. Anna (Sibling)
13. Locket
14. PandaDarling - Lynched D3. Elisabeth the Tightrope-Walker (Townie)
15. Luniel Kirbystarship
16. amazonevan19
17. Kit - Killed N5. Lord Thornton of London Town (Townie)
18. f11 - Killed N2. Ned the Pinhead (Survivor)
19. Trundle
20. Biancasboutique - Lynched D4. Quentin the Magician (Mafia Roleblocker/Sleeper Tree Stump)

There are 04/20 players remaining.

Replacements
♛​
Observers
DamnielChick
DolbyKirbystarship
CurrySparro
KermitTeamogyay
Zendel
Tom
Justin
Arstotzkan
Ayaya
ITookYourWaffles
peichi
Kirbystarship
Sataric

Mafia Novices
Mafia is a game of the uninformed majority versus the informed minority. To elaborate, the game is divided into two teams: the Town and the Mafia. Mafia know who each other are, and can coordinate their actions privately. Town players on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more Town than Mafia. The objective of the game is for Town to eliminate by killing or lynching all the Mafia before it is too late. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day revolves around voting for a player to be lynched. Night is reserved for the Mafia to make their kills and certain players to use their special abilities.
This game requires dedication. You will be required to dedicate time to the game daily (at least thirty minutes) while you are an active participant in the game, with at least one substancial post per day/night phase. Failure to do so without warning the host in advance of inactivity will result in modkill.
At the beginning of the game, you are PM'd your role. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day will generally last 48 hours and revolve around voting for a player to be lynched. Each player (including Mafia) get one vote, and players must figure out who the Mafia are, and convince others that they are correct. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is lynched, and their alignment and role are revealed.

Night is typically 24 hours long and is reserved for Mafia night kills and players with special abilities. Usually, players discuss the results of the lynch at night, and make plans for the next day. When night ends, everyone will be informed of who died during the night. The new day will begin, and discussions for the lynch begin anew.

Mafia is a game of logic, intuition, persuasiveness, reading ability, emotion, and will. In short, its a thinking man's game. There are many different ways to approach the game and every game is a very different experience. In addition, Mafia is not for the faint-hearted or overly emotional. While not occurring every game, sometimes people can get into very heated arguments with one another. People can get very emotional playing Mafia, as it is a high-intensity endeavour. That being said, playing Mafia is an excellent to develop thick skin, improve your patience, and make yourself a stronger person mentally.

Game Specifics
This is a closed set-up, no-PM game. Roles and alignment will be revealed upon death. Role names are unique. Third party roles may or may not be included.
This is a zero tolerance game. Mafia is an emotional game, but it is not a pass to act like a jerk. Players caught cursing at each other, insulting other players, and otherwise displaying any other signs of aggressive and antisocial behaviour that violates The Bell Tree's Rules & Guidelines can and will result in disciplinary action including;

1. Modkill from this game.
  2. Timed mafia ban.
  3. Recommended for a formal warning/infraction/ban on your account.
If you find yourself getting angry, I would advise taking an hour away from your computer before you formulate your reply. I won't show mercy if you post in the heat of the moment. If you see anyone violating this rule, take it up with me via PM - do not let it derail the game.

General Information ♛​

Most returning players will be familiar with the following. These are the rules regarding WoTC, Activity, Day/Night Cycles, etc. Please review them so you understand how this game will be run.
PMs
PMs and other out-of-thread communication are NOT allowed UNLESS you are explicitly told otherwise.

Activity:
You must vote every day you are alive, and must contribute one substantial post at least once every full day/night cycle. This means that if you only make one post, it needs to be more substantial than simply saying "I agree" or "RIP". If you post multiple times, this rule may may be less strict. There may be exceptions to this if day/night phases progress rapidly at any stage in the game. If I don't believe you're contributing enough I'll send you a warning PM.

Wisdom of the Crowds
Wisdom of the Crowds is not in effect in this game.

Replacements
This game uses replacements. Replacements will be made up until the end of Day 2.

Time Cycle:
This game follows an approximate 48-hour day cycle, with a 24-hour night cycle. The final deadline will always be 11PM BST (6pm EST). This may be reduced in the later stages of the game.

Rules ♛​

Cheating:
Cheating includes (but it is not limited to):
  1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
  2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
  3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
  4. Comparing role PM timings to try and work out roles.
  5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host without permission.
  6. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
  7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
  8. Offering favours/items/bells outside of the game for a ingame information.
  9. Sharing accounts with other players.
  10. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your role PM to prove your alignment. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your role PM.
  11. Posting a false PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.

Mod Font:
This is the mod colour. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it.

Question Font:
This is the question colour. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM me.

Spam:
Strategic spam is acceptable, within reason.

Editing:
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled. While I ask for everybody to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything. The board software automatically merges the posts anyway.

Inappropriate posts:
Mafia games can get heated and emotional. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia stays in Mafia. Don't let things spill over to the rest of the forum, it's just a game. If you are unhappy with a player's posts, PM me first.

Observers' Chat:
While spectators will be fuelling speculation, and dead players will be keen to give valuable "insight" into the game, please refrain from revealing game-changing information (eg. the identities of your fellow Mafia). Speculate, theorise and express bewilderment at dumb plays all you want, but remember that the chat is not leakproof and game-ruining information CAN get out.

Play to win.
You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. Clearly not playing towards your win objective will be grounds for a modkill and personal ban from me. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing.

This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM the host if you need to leave the game. However, please note that in most cases this will prevent you from being able to join another game in the near future. To be exempt from this penalty you will need to have an extremely good reason for leaving (and "I forgot I had homework/exams!!" does not count).

Credits
KarlaKGB for original information and rules.​

Last edited:
Day 1.
Cute banner subbed in later.

Every window of the London manor house is lit up against the night sky. People pass by the glass, conferring in whispers, waiting for the festivities to begin.

Upstairs, the stylist Vern arranges the heiress?s hair for the evening.

?Oh, how wonderful,? whispers Mrs Thorton.

?So beautiful,? says her grandmother.

Olivia scowls at her reflection in the mirror. They don?t know what it is like ? to be sat here like a doll, being dressed in fine silks in order to appeal to a middle Eastern prince you have never met. But it?s alright, they will tell her, he?ll provide you a great future. He will make you a very happy bride. Unfortunately for her parents she did not want to get married.

?We will meet you downstairs.? Mrs Thornton takes her mother by the arm, and leads her out of the room.

Olivia meets Vern?s eyes in the mirror. ?Help me.?

?How can I help you, Miss Thornton??

?Take me away from here.?

She expected him to laugh. She waited for him to scold her and tell her that she will be so happy to be married off to a prince. But instead his face turns grave and he nods silently. He takes her by the hand and down the fire escape, away from the watchful eyes of the house guards and their many guests.

They take down several alleyways, arriving at Vern?s studio. He strips her of her gown and then takes a blade to her hair, ridding her of the golden curls he had spent an hour perfecting. From his wardrobe he selects a crisp white shirt, cornflower blue jacket, and matching pants. Olivia dresses as quickly as she can while he disposes of her hair and belongings in a plastic bag and then lights it on fire. The flames spread to the studio and they take off into the night.

They board a tram at a nearby station. Vern whispers excitedly under his breath. Olivia leans into him, ear to his mouth.

?Don?t worry, I?ve got this,? Vern whispers, ?this tram will take us north, away from London. From there we can switch to the night bus that will take us to Caxnival ? no one will ever find us there.?

?Caxnival??

?It?s a lovely place I visited as a boy. You will love it.?

Nearby two boys cause a fuss, pointing fingers and laughing.

?What?s the matter with them??

?They think we are a couple.?

?What?s funny about that??

?You are dressed as a boy, Miss Thornton.?

?Well, I?ll put a stop to that.? Olivia rolls up her sleeves.

Whatever protest she had been about to make dies in an instant. Vern presses his lips to hers, pulling her into his arms. What must have only taken mere moments feels like an eternity to Olivia. When he finally releases his hold on her, he tells her:

?From this moment onwards you are a boy, Oliver.?

This phase will end Tuesday October 10th at 11pm BST / 6pm EDT / 3pm PDT.

Last edited:
ok, was worried this game was going to just be forever, hi everyone!

I missed playing in full-scale mafia :)

drunkies mafia Day 1!!!!!!!

Okay lets get this show on the road. Since it hasn't been done yet, I thought we could reuse an RQS and while looking, I came across glow's RQS from the BOTW game just because its different. Credit to her for it:

HTML:
[b] 1. What is your timezone?[/b]

[b] 2. How active will you be this game?[/b]

[b] 3. Preferred pronoun?[/b]

[b] 4. Do you prefer being Town or Mafia?[/b]

[b] 5. How do you handle pressure? [/b]

[b] 6. Which player(s) in this game can you read the best? [/b]

[b] 7. Which player(s) in this game can best read you? [/b]

[b] 8. How many games have you played? [/b]

[b] 9. Who would you fearkill N1? [/b]

1. What is your timezone?
EST

2. How active will you be this game?
As active as I can, I have school so after 3ish everyday
(except I'll be at a party tonight =) )

3. Preferred pronoun?
he

4. Do you prefer being Town or Mafia?
Mafia

5. How do you handle pressure?
Fineee

6. Which player(s) in this game can you read the best?
no one LOL

7. Which player(s) in this game can best read you?
idk!!!

8. How many games have you played?
like 25-30

9. Who would you fearkill N1?
no one cuz ur all lame srs no re

1. What is your timezone?

2. How active will you be this game? As active as I can. I have school from early morning till mid afternoon.

3. Preferred pronoun? He

4. Do you prefer being Town or Mafia? Town

5. How do you handle pressure? I do tend to be protective and defend myself if I can though I might get a bit sarcastic so I apologise in advance.

6. Which player(s) in this game can you read the best? Erm I'm not too sure, there's quite a few players I've never played with before, so I may say Amazon.

7. Which player(s) in this game can best read you? I'm quite unsure.

8. How many games have you played? Around 4 or 5

9. Who would you fearkill N1? Again, unsure because there is many players I have never played against.

- - - Post Merge - - -

* Timezone is BST

1. What is your timezone? central
2. How active will you be this game? hopefully very.
3. Preferred pronoun? he/they
4. Do you prefer being Town or Mafia? ive only ever been town, i got culted once but we dont talk about that. shh
5. How do you handle pressure? im german. and im loud.
6. Which player(s) in this game can you read the best? i don't know i didn't look at the line up. HA
7. Which player(s) in this game can best read you? **** if i know. can anyone read me? someone tell me.
8. How many games have you played? like.. around 10 maybe?
9. Who would you fearkill N1? i aint scared of no *****

1. What is your timezone? EST

2. How active will you be this game? I have no life so I would probably be pretty active

3. Preferred pronoun? He/him

4. Do you prefer being Town or Mafia? Town because it easier :(

5. How do you handle pressure? I am very bad under pressure but online I am more at ease

6. Which player(s) in this game can you read the best? I haven't played TBT Mafia before lmao

7. Which player(s) in this game can best read you? IDK

8. How many games have you played? 0

9. Who would you fearkill N1? IDK who they are

1. What is your timezone? GMT -6 or MST

2. How active will you be this game? As active as I can with school

3. Preferred pronoun? She/her

4. Do you prefer being Town or Mafia? Mafia cause more stuff

5. How do you handle pressure? Really depends.

6. Which player(s) in this game can you read the best? Don't know.

7. Which player(s) in this game can best read you? Have no idea.

8. How many games have you played? One before

9. Who would you fearkill N1? I don't know.

1. What is your timezone? EST

2. How active will you be this game? Probably very but only in the evenings after all my classes are done

3. Preferred pronoun? she/her

4. Do you prefer being Town or Mafia? Town seems to be better but I have no experience

5. How do you handle pressure? ummmmmm as long as nobody screams at me I should be fine

6. Which player(s) in this game can you read the best? no idea

7. Which player(s) in this game can best read you? no idea

8. How many games have you played? 0

9. Who would you fearkill N1? no idea

Back