• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Caxnival Mafia: Game Thread - End Game

Heyden ? I don?t think I?ve ever seen you put this much effort into something in a mafia game. You usually drop in, offer some input, offer a lot of sarcasm, and then leave. The change is more and more obvious as time goes on. You are semi-tunneling Oath because I feel like you can get a lot of people to lynch them along with you. I don?t particularly see Oath as scummy and the reasons for you wanting to lynch oath is a lot weaker than you would make it out to be.

Jacob ? I really feel like Jacob is town. I remember all the reasons I sussed him enough to kill him in Overwatch mafia and I don?t see them at all. Call it a bond I have with my boy, but I just feel it. It?s a welcome change to have you more focused than in the past. Your posts feel much more genuine, and you seem completely different than when I watched you in BOTW.

Dolby ? you?re still pretty fresh to the game, I figure your intentions will shape up as time goes on. If I had to lean one way it would be scum for gut reasoning.

ness ? I?m gonna have to believe my original read on you. I think you have been busy getting haircuts and buying shark shirts, so I go back to your activity from the start of the game. It was exactly what I expect from town you, so I feel good about that until further evidence arises.

Oath2Order ? there are way too many various opinions of you to let me think you are scum. You?re frustration I get, feels genuine, and I feel like you are forced to do a lot of back-pedaling due to literal everyone wanting you dead. Stop focusing on their baseless sus and focus on giving out your reads and I will town lock you at this point

Toadsworthy ? I?m very town this game thanks for noticing everyone

VanessaMay18 ? You come off as noob town, the whole quicktopic thing?. I don?t think anyone would tell you to fake knowing what a QT is and the whole interaction about it seems genuine.

xCleb ? you were hit and saved N1 and the odds of you being vig/SK hit and saved is unlikely. A Vig could easily come out and say they shot you, hell a SK can come out and say it too in order to make you look bad, so I think I believe everything you say so far. Before that I was quite iffy about you though, so I?m keeping my eyes on you.

Tae ? interactions with Tae have all been what I expect from him. The push on farobi early on is what I would expect from they aggressive self. I can tell when you being a little phony too because how much we have bonded in games before this ;)

PandaDarling ? gah this feels exactly like cult leader scum panda. You are so direct to the point in all your posts, you are intermittent at best. Also for comparison you get a little defensive when being sussed, like in TTYD mafia, but you seem just too focused on saying something to ?help town? every time you come back from hiatus.

Locket ? Vanessa is noob town and you are playing like noob mafia. Picking on obvious targets like Bianca, your posts sound like someone telling you to ?go make a post to not sound scummy.? You coasted on day 1 which is another noob scum move. Either you are Bianca has to be scum imo.

kirbystarship ? you came in pretty fast, you are lightly tunneling which makes sense because I reamed you for doing that so much last game on me for absolutely dumb reasoning. You look like you are doing more evidence based suss rather than just being the lurking patrol.

amazonevan19 ? your day one had good effort, your EoD 1 was sketchy as hell. I?m privy to think you are just bad at EoD tbh. Some of your posts feel like subtle calculative scum, and other times you just feel genuine, still kinda noobish.

Kit ? you coasted a lot during day 1, which is obvious scum tell. I just don?t know how to read you, tbh? there are ways you look genuine town and scummy. If I had to pick, you seem more scummy tbh.

f11 ? I think you are coasting a little too much and feeding into all the people saying, omg f11 always is like this. Baseless reads and saying lynch X/Y doesn?t work on day 2 and I know you know that. Let?s shape up a little bit if you are actually town.

trundle ? Trundle has put in effort and he also is throwing in those knife jabs every so often. From what I?ve experienced with trundle, that is his town formula.

Bianca ? were gonna have to judge you based on your most recent games and outbursts, I?m sorry it makes you upset, but this is just a game and I intend to play it. The continual self-victimizing and excuses is getting old. You are emotional like in previous games where you are town, but I honestly feel like its muted. You have a tie to something that keeps you from going as far as you did in BOTW and I think its because you have scum partners to help calm you down in between your posts. Which you also are coasting somewhat now too?. And the ?I have a life? excuse will not sit well with people, including me. I see a scum between you or locket.

Yes, I know that you didn't agree with an oath or Sensei lynch at the time, more so with the oath. Frankly, I don't think I should have to know your personal schedule, but all I know is that you had been stating suspicion against Heyden since roughly 2.5 hours before the lynch. This really doesn't prove something either way but it's distracting from the fact that you dropped the ball here.

The fact that you felt the need to point it out as relevant in any way means that you at least thought something about it. I also feel like your emotional response is worth noting

Save your breath, I always act like this. You're just looking for an excuse to call me scummy. How can you say that I'm scummy for something that reminds you of YOUR playstyle? Something that you have done before can not in anyway be applied to my playstyle.

Yeah, sure I expressed concern about Heyden beforehand during some off time in class. The only thing that kicked off me wanting to make the Heyden case was because the main thing that concerned me was the post he made 30 minutes before the lynch. Hope you realize looking for posts and typing it together isn't exactly a 5 minute job. You know, the one where he says "lol k I'm fine with a Sensai lynch despite earlier saying I wasn't certain about panda". Heyden, in my opinion, was a much better lynch then any of the wagons at that time.

I would lynch in the orange reads, sorry I love you, but I think Panda is the strongest scum read rn

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't usually like lynch wagons, but I would go with a panda one this time

Save your breath, I always act like this. You're just looking for an excuse to call me scummy. How can you say that I'm scummy for something that reminds you of YOUR playstyle? Something that you have done before can not in anyway be applied to my playstyle.

Yeah, sure I expressed concern about Heyden beforehand during some off time in class. The only thing that kicked off me wanting to make the Heyden case was because the main thing that concerned me was the post he made 30 minutes before the lynch. Hope you realize looking for posts and typing it together isn't exactly a 5 minute job. You know, the one where he says "lol k I'm fine with a Sensai lynch despite earlier saying I wasn't certain about panda". Heyden, in my opinion, was a much better lynch then any of the wagons at that time.

No, certain strategies can be done by anybody. The point was that coming out against a lynch on a townie when it's far to late to change anything is a common strategy and I was using my own play as an example as it was the most blatant one that I could think of offhand (last game the scum team was pretty much just coasting).

To me, Heyden has the strongest scum read.

He seems to be changing his opinions. There's nothing wrong with that, but he changes them too much (like Ness has pointed out.)

I'm heading off to bed soon actually, and I'll be at school so I don't know if I'm gonna be back in time to vote tomorrow.

A lot of my private thought and suspicion this game draws hard direction towards Dolby, so I'm placing my vote on him. To be completely honest normally I get scared scum reading him, but I have a weird confidence he's scum

To me, Heyden has the strongest scum read.

He seems to be changing his opinions. There's nothing wrong with that, but he changes them too much (like Ness has pointed out.)
There's nothing wrong with it but it's too much, K.

Also Toads I always put effort in game, I'm always top 5 posters if not dead. Also yes I admit my townreads are voting/sussing Oath too which lowkey makes me more confident about it.

No, certain strategies can be done by anybody. The point was that coming out against a lynch on a townie when it's far to late to change anything is a common strategy and I was using my own play as an example as it was the most blatant one that I could think of offhand (last game the scum team was pretty much just coasting).

I think you all people would know me well enough that I wouldnt make a bold move like that. What do you expect from me, to go the whole game saying "I WAS RIGHT ABOUT SENSAI BEING A BAD LYNCH HURR IM TOWN FOR THAT" please, that's pathetic. You're completely ignoring everything I've done this game but focusing on that 1 detail of not posting quickly enough.

Hell, last game you townread me in a snap because you thought I was being intuitive for not hoping on the "Aron is 100% scum" wagon right off the bat. How does that not apply here?

Also Tae will be modkilled so if you're on the obs list (won't get obs till end of d2 I think) pls consider replacing thx

I think you all people would know me well enough that I wouldnt make a bold move like that. What do you expect from me, to go the whole game saying "I WAS RIGHT ABOUT SENSAI BEING A BAD LYNCH HURR IM TOWN FOR THAT" please, that's pathetic. You're completely ignoring everything I've done this game but focusing on that 1 detail of not posting quickly enough.

Hell, last game you townread me in a snap because you thought I was being intuitive for not hoping on the "Aron is 100% scum" wagon right off the bat. How does that not apply here?

Dude, that was fake. Remember that I said in obs chat that I was delibrately playing bad so that I wouldn't be killed? I actually had you on my scum reads if you look at obs for that game.

I had a post earlier that I went more in-depth and you ignored, and you are making it about that one facet. And yes, I could have gone more in-depth there, but you are still trying to make it about that one detail

@oath I'm not tunneling you. I also suspect Trundle/Toad. Don't really feel strongly about vanessa anymore.
Also dolby eeeeeehhh i gotta analyze his reads... idk how i feel.
Idk where all this stuff on Jacob is coming from but i should probably look into that more.
Also ppl on me for coasting d1.. wasn't rlly coasting, forgot the game had started, kinda my bad but i've been here since then :/.

There's nothing wrong with it but it's too much, K.

Also Toads I always put effort in game, I'm always top 5 posters if not dead. Also yes I admit my townreads are voting/sussing Oath too which lowkey makes me more confident about it.

is this a joke... regardless you feel different this time than previously, more serious

- - - Post Merge - - -

@oath I'm not tunneling you. I also suspect Trundle/Toad. Don't really feel strongly about vanessa anymore.
Also dolby eeeeeehhh i gotta analyze his reads... idk how i feel.
Idk where all this stuff on Jacob is coming from but i should probably look into that more.
Also ppl on me for coasting d1.. wasn't rlly coasting, forgot the game had started, kinda my bad but i've been here since then :/.

why me, I don't think you ever have even made a point about me...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Smh toad never thinks I?m town wtf

lol, truth.... but i have to right one of these times

Why... are you talking like this...

No it's not a joke, yes I'm spammier in other games but that's when I have to drill things into people's heads, seems like most people want an Oath lynch so I'm down. Yes, maybe scum is using town, but a I've stated I scumread him so

Why... are you talking like this...

No it's not a joke, yes I'm spammier in other games but that's when I have to drill things into people's heads, seems like most people want an Oath lynch so I'm down. Yes, maybe scum is using town, but a I've stated I scumread him so

I use lots of ellipses, track that back to my first ever game where tae gave me crap for it...

..... what did you expect ....

Dude, that was fake. Remember that I said in obs chat that I was delibrately playing bad so that I wouldn't be killed? I actually had you on my scum reads if you look at obs for that game.

I had a post earlier that I went more in-depth and you ignored, and you are making it about that one facet. And yes, I could have gone more in-depth there, but you are still trying to make it about that one detail

You are lying through your teeth. This post you just made makes me more confident that you are not town aligned. Lets take a look at that "more in-depth" post you made.

Ness
His vote and opinion changes I find to be present no matter his alignment D1, however, his case on Heyden and switch off of Sensei sent off red flags. Now, his logic in voting Sensei did make sense from a town perspective, essentially being null on her, but of the bandwagons, being the least certain about. But his case on Heyden honestly reeked of ingenuine, being delayed to the point of uselessness due to the timing of it(he had been lurking in the thread for a good hour and a half at this time). His reaction to the lynch reminds me of how I played in Smash, delibrately rushing in to defend the accused in the last hour, when it was to late to do anything about it. His reaction to f11's "excuse" also seemed like trying to misconstrue her behavior as a slip and his reaction "low hanging fruit" feels really poor from a tone perspective. If scum, it's likely that none of the lynch targets from yesterday are scum with him (with the exception of maybe oath). Also, a couple of things that he said to Farobi seemed like artificial distancing. I don't view Panda/Ness as a particularly strong possibility though, as I don't think that he'd stick out his neck that far.

Also, when reading through the Ness/Tae/Farobi thing in the beginning, my initial reaction was that Ness and Tae were likely town and Farobi mafia.

Yeah, what about this didn't I already address to you? Sorry I didn't pull up the quote to make that obvious enough but I figured my defense was already pretty evident. That is unless you completely ignored this :lemon:

@Dolby I hope you realize that we are 2 completely different people and that things that remind you of something that YOU physically can not apply to me. The previous EoD was 2 FREAKING HOURS after school, don't you think I would have hardly any time to write something or logically know who to vote? Heyden was most suspicious to me at the time and he was giving me red flags, and I didn't agree to an Oath or Panda lynch at the time.

I wasn't even suspicious of F11, I found it weird how she said she took the PSAT on the unassigned date (which I even said was low hanging fruit?) why are you trying to say that I thought that was a slip?

Seriously what even is your case on me, everything you said about me is disproven if you actually took time to think about it

As for you trying to tell me everything you said about me is "fake", that is so obviously a lie that I cannot even fathom it. How do I begin with this:

1. In BOTW mafia you CONSTANTLY blue leaned me. You pointed out a "blue slip" about me once, and then before your death told xCleb in your "revenge" all of the people you blue leaned which included me. Hmmm seems to me like that was pretty genuine of you actually.
2. If that was actually fake, you would have night killed me. You are full of it, Dolby.
7. Tries to say that its fake bc scumleaning after death in obs??? sure pal. sure.

\
1. In BOTW mafia you CONSTANTLY blue leaned me. You pointed out a "blue slip" about me once, and then before your death told xCleb in your "revenge" all of the people you blue leaned which included me. Hmmm seems to me like that was pretty genuine of you actually.
DolbyPerson was signed in when posted
09-12-2017
02:06 AM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
Yeah, I know, I was gonna see if I could hold town hostage if needed, then release a fake list bc I really didn't care
ToadsworthyPerson was signed in when posted
09-12-2017
01:37 AM ET (US)
Cleb: Blue
Ness:Blue
Tina: townie
Byngo: townie
Chick: Blue
Jacob: townie
Zendal: townie
Aron: townie
Bowie: townie
Oath: townie
Heyden: blue

Also Dolby these are completely wrong...

2. If that was actually fake, you would have night killed me. You are full of it, Dolby.
My role was based upon the need to kill people who were likely to be protected. You weren't, in my mind, Dad was the best doc protect, so I choose him
Also
09-12-2017
10:47 PM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
Cleb/Ness/Aron
09-14-2017
12:56 AM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
It's got to be out of Cleb/Tina/Jacob/Ness at this point. Maybe Zendal added in there, but I really doubt it
7. Tries to say that its fake bc scumleaning after death in obs??? sure pal. sure.
Ok, seriously, I even admitted that my strategy was to intentionally play bad in the factional chat room before d1 was over
https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/xmJWTYYskHSHF
And it's what goddamn happened
Now, I don't even remember if I had you as anything legit in that game, but I am fairly certain that I didn't actually townread. I may have said that I townread you, but all my plays were part of my act to not get fearkilled
People even pointed out that I jumped on the Evan bandwagon to fast that game, led by you, and that was because I wanted to be sussed

It's a flawed example anyway as well because I was third party, not town

amazonevan19 – your day one had good effort, your EoD 1 was sketchy as hell. I’m privy to think you are just bad at EoD tbh. Some of your posts feel like subtle calculative scum, and other times you just feel genuine, still kinda noobish.

more like my EoDs always suck cuz I don't wanna die over rainbows and grammar...Also I'm probably seen as still pretty noobish still since I kind of suck at TBT mafia even after a few games...but I'm trying to learn!! :lemon:

Anyway, wow has this thread exploded into a lot of sub debates. I'm primarily curious about the Dolby/Ness interactions now, cuz I'm more inclined to believe Ness's logic rn. A lot of Dolby's points vs. Ness really don't make sense, especially the "I believed you were scum when I was in obs" point. Like what the hell, nothing that happens in obs even matters or pertains to the game itself? Furthermore, IIRC Dolby was ANTI-TOWN TP in that game?? (may be mixing up the games they're referencing, if so disregard that last sentence)

Point being, if I had to take a side, I think Ness is acting very characteristic of his town self, and idek what Dolby's main points against him are. I'll switch to heyden rn since I agree that oath might be frustrated town, and I want to give him more of a chance to prove himself without getting triggered by being sussed so universally. (Also the fact he is sussed pretty broadly indicates to me he might not me scum, too.) He's still scummy to me but not my top priority now

- - - Post Merge - - -

*might not be scum

more like my EoDs always suck cuz I don't wanna die over rainbows and grammar...Also I'm probably seen as still pretty noobish still since I kind of suck at TBT mafia even after a few games...but I'm trying to learn!! :lemon:

Anyway, wow has this thread exploded into a lot of sub debates. I'm primarily curious about the Dolby/Ness interactions now, cuz I'm more inclined to believe Ness's logic rn. A lot of Dolby's points vs. Ness really don't make sense, especially the "I believed you were scum when I was in obs" point. Like what the hell, nothing that happens in obs even matters or pertains to the game itself? Furthermore, IIRC Dolby was ANTI-TOWN TP in that game?? (may be mixing up the games they're referencing, if so disregard that last sentence)

Point being, if I had to take a side, I think Ness is acting very characteristic of his town self, and idek what Dolby's main points against him are. I'll switch to heyden rn since I agree that oath might be frustrated town, and I want to give him more of a chance to prove himself without getting triggered by being sussed so universally. (Also the fact he is sussed pretty broadly indicates to me he might not me scum, too.) He's still scummy to me but not my top priority now

- - - Post Merge - - -

*might not be scum

Can I ask why you seem to take my side on everything this game

If I put on a whingey frustrated town show will you give me a chance too?

- - - Post Merge - - -

pretty please :3

Back