• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Caxnival Mafia: Game Thread - End Game

Reading through this, I think lynching someone would be best decision.

but who. and why. and how do you feel about people.

I was gonna add to my post.

I don't have much, but at the moment, I am town lean.
Haven't seen much posts that I can recall. Null for now.
Was quick to call people scum. Am slightly scum lean. Will probably change but for the moment.
I am mostly null, but am thinking town lean.
Null. Can't find anything.
I'm alternating between scum and town. Null at the moment.
Null.
Town lean. Seems innocent so far.
Null. Keep switching between scum and town.
Null. Occasionally am scum lean.
Null. Haven't seen posts.
Town lean. Seems pretty innocent.
Null. Haven't seen enough posts to determine.
Null. Barely any posts.
Town lean.
Null. Haven't seen posts
Null. Mixed feelings.
Null. Too little posts
Annoying, am slightly scum lean.

Current opinions

Obviously will change. I'll decide who I am thinking of lynching.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm gonna go to bed.

Let's hope I don't get back from school with over 130 posts to read.

Can we stop “full” reads on day 1 that don’t really do anything and are full of nulls. Just say who think is mafia/town and go my dude. I dislike the word null so much lmao.

And can we stop putting said reads in a whole **** ton of spoilers so it's not really annoying to click on them all whilst on mobile, thanks love you.

And can we stop putting said reads in a whole **** ton of spoilers so it's not really annoying to click on them all whilst on mobile, thanks love you.

seconding this, whatever happened to just putting your reads in an easy to read format people. good God. Spoiler tags suck for reads lists

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry for being late! Completely blanked on this.

After you catch up, please answer these questions:
- What do you think of Ness/tae/Farobi early interactions?
- What do you think about oath's suggestion to NL or policy?
- Who do you think is likely town and scum, and why?
- Any lynch candidates?

Just curious but if a player dies, are they allowed 1 goodbye post, obviously wthout spoiling anything in the game?

Yes.

Ok but seriously what is a quick topic

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/ said:
QuickTopic (http://quicktopic.com/) (abbreviated as QT) is a website that provides individual and private message threads. It has become a common way of handling private communications in games because adding someone to the group is as easy as giving them a link to the thread, and everyone can participate without the hassle of sending PMs to several players. QuickTopic threads are secure in that is generally not possible for anyone to access the QuickTopic thread without receiving a link to it.

Sorry about the late addition of post links. Came home last night to some bad news that my mother wasn't taking well. They are there now. However, if a player hasn't yet posted then the link won't work until they do.

Farobi did the random number thing, and yes. Doing that as scum so early is suicide essentially, if Farobi is scum, then I would hate to be in a at with him. Is it completely out of his character and could he do it as scum, yes. I am not going to townlock him or anyone this early, but I see it townleaning.

Random question, really the only question I honestly have out of that whole RNG debacle: how is doing a RNG early in the game suicide as scum? It's stupid but it's at least some attempt to get reactions out of people, and it worked in the case of tae and Ness. Mafia testing for reactions to come off as pro-town is one of the most difficult things to detect until they make a decision on the reactions. Townleaning Farobi just for that seems off to me, idk

- - - Post Merge - - -

Locket could you expand on anyone you colored green (townlean) or orange (scumlean)? You give absolutely no reads on some of them, like Vanessa for example, and yet you sort of explain briefly why your nulls are null. Bothers me more than being another player with a list of all the players in the game with a bunch of nulls.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also this is a statement that will take more work to back up and I don't necessarily have the time/good device to do it on, but both toadsworthy and amazonevan seem to be saying all the right and logical things whenever possible. It comes off as trying to look townish while also existing as a more difficult type of filler to pick apart which is why I'm wary of these two tbh.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I will say it is more filler for evan than it is for toads since toads is taking stances on certain things and explaining why. Still applies to him though.

Okay finally finished reading through everything, currently townreading Dad, Ness, Evan, and townleaning Jacob, f11, tae mainly due to their current posts reminding me of previous town games.

I sort of have a slight suspicion on Vanessa because of her dumbtelling (asking questions to seem clueless), and so far her posts seem a bit too offensive/defensive? idk not sure.

A weak point but as Vanessa pointed out, but Panda's response to the town or mafia RQS question felt somewhat forced in a way to look town?? Probably just overthinking it so maybe null idk.

Sensai/Toads/Cleb I'm sus of too but don't really have enough to go off as of now, everyone else null I guess.

I'm really sorry this is extremely half-assed, I'll be on before EoD though hopefully.

I'm more interested in you expanding on that point on Panda more than anything Haydenn, I'm curious as to what you gather that forcedness from when it comes to said post.

4. Do you prefer being Town or Mafia?
I don't get to be Mafia very often it would be a nice change.
To me it feels very like, "Hi I'm town again, it would be nice to be mafia...", trying to push the fact that she's town?? Oh also I clearly remember she did something similar in Trump mafia as scum;
3. Do you prefer to play as town or mafia? town cause its all i know but at this point its getting kinda boring.
It's different from what she said obviously, but the fact both times she's pushed a reason for preferring to be town-aligned just feels a bit awkward and forced.

I know comparing meta on an RQS is the extent of flimsiness but I just found it interesting, I'll probably look for her other RQS answers from town games.

In response to your question, that it seems like a reallly dumb move for scum to try something like that. It draws attention and it draws bad attention, and scum doesn't want that 2 hours into day 1

Well she didn't push a reason for preferring to be town in this game, but it was pushing that she was town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

die toads

An observation...
Just curious but if a player dies, are they allowed 1 goodbye post, obviously wthout spoiling anything in the game?
I hate to pick on someone asking a question (especially because I asked a question) but the answer to this question is very clearly stated in the rules. It's possible Sensai just missed it, or maybe they're trying to seem innocent and unknowing like y'all think I'm trying to do?
(In my defense, quick links is not in the rules or the encyclopedia. Unless I'm blind.)

Good find Heydenn. Now that I look at it, it looks very forced. Gonna add Panda to my scumleans over that and their general quietness so far.

Panda was very quiet day 1 of miraculous ladybug when she was cult leader, especially because some other stuff came up to keep everyone distracted

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lord knows we have had enough distractions so far in this game

- - - Post Merge - - -

Looking at her posts too, they either just agree on things already said, or are filler tbh

- - - Post Merge - - -

I may do reads on lunch break today, or if I get home in enough time today, but I have a very busy day with 4 patients today and going back and forth between two locations. Not to mention going home to my sister and brother in law fighting over their fussy baby. Don't be surprised if I don't vote or post reads.

They won't be full because lord knows I will get executed for it, just a summary of everyone has already been talking about and people I have enough to say something about.... I won't use spoilers either :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'll vote right after I do that too

An observation...

I hate to pick on someone asking a question (especially because I asked a question) but the answer to this question is very clearly stated in the rules. It's possible Sensai just missed it, or maybe they're trying to seem innocent and unknowing like y'all think I'm trying to do?
(In my defense, quick links is not in the rules or the encyclopedia. Unless I'm blind.)

I like this post

seconding this, whatever happened to just putting your reads in an easy to read format people. good God. Spoiler tags suck for reads lists

- - - Post Merge - - -

After you catch up, please answer these questions:
- What do you think of Ness/tae/Farobi early interactions?
- What do you think about oath's suggestion to NL or policy?
- Who do you think is likely town and scum, and why?
- Any lynch candidates?

-The only one I know out of those three is Ness. I have no idea how tae and Farobi play so I don't really know what to say about it.
I want to say Ness is town at this point- But I really don't know.
-Super sketchy, suggesting NL is ALWAYS sketchy. A NL only helps mafia. Even a mislynch would atleast provide some information, even though it's not even close to ideal. Also I do not buy any of his excuses, Oath has played a lot of games & it really sounds like he's using the "used to be this way" to get the heat off of him.
-Idk who's town, but these people strike me as sus.
Oath, Vanessa
Farobi is weird, pushing NL and really trying to lynch f11 (which seems to come out of nowhere?)
I think someone else pushed NL too but I lost it
-Vanessa but that's purely because of the bianca thing. Also it would help confirm/deny Ness.

Back