• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Caxnival Mafia: Game Thread - End Game

I've read up to 11/22 so far and I'm just going to point out that Ness' behavior is incredibly telling. I don't remember which of his behaviors mean which role but it'll be obvious once I have time to go read through things more. Just gonna throw out another heads up - I probably won't have anything substantial until N1/D2 just because of all the things I need to get done in the next 2 days. I'll make a general post for today after I read and vote tomorrow.

Uhhh ness/tae/farobi all seem like town rn and a major distraction imo. Vanessa is playing the nub card which annoying but I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt.

I’m okay with NL tbh ;)

Okay, then explain why it's your preference then?

This was something I was only interested in at first, but you've avoided such a simple question twice now.

I was focusing on the NL question, god forbid.

Anyways, it's just something that I'm used to for day one to get rid of distractions for town. It's how I used to play.

first if all can we grow up between this toad / bianca stuff.
it's over with and if it doesn't stop it's just gonna clog the thread with bull****.

she's a distraction and it's not helping town.

from what i've read over now, i'm working on a base for how i feel towards people.
w/o going into too much depth bc a lot has yet to be processed thus far so don't take this TOO seriously. pls.

[ null | town | town lean | slight / sus | scum lean | scum ]

Dad
Heyden
Farobi
Jacob
Curry
N e s s
oath2order
toadsworthy
SensaiGallade
VanessaMay18

xCleb
tae
PandaDarling
Locket
Luniel
amazonevan19
Kit
f11
Trundle
Biancasboutique
(to elaborate on this, her attitude swings me more towards chaotic THIRD PARTY
bc she's such a dang distraction in this thread. do i wanna lynch her today? no.
bc this carnival theme is more than likely going to have K3P or at least a jester or something.
her auto vote tho is annoying and a doesn't seem useful if she were actually town.)

to also touch base on things, there are more people i have thoughts on, but i'm still processing them and working on who i'd like to hear from. i will admit that like someone had said earlier, panda's very quiet D1 makes me concerned because from what i remember she's usually a pretty strong voiced player. as for as oath, dad, caleb and other's i've never played with i don't know their usual game play and i will have to look more into it as time goes on.

I agree with you on the fact that all this distraction is not helping town at all, however not sure why you're so fixated on bianca over the others. Ness, Sensai, and toadsworthy and **** posting to their limits.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Because he asked for my thoughts and I provided them.

I didn't give anything day one that game.

Guys it's WAY too early to be thinking about NL or policy lynch, wtf oath.

Since when is NL this appalling horrendous thing? Like, seriously, way way back in the day, the days where I think f11, Trundle, Dad, Farobi, and I used to play, we would basically just guaranteed PL after a bunch of ****-posting. This is the first D1 where I'm actually contributing.

Dad[/B]]
Due to having two posts, I have no major reads here. I cannot get a read off of someone who has so few posts.

Heyden[/B]]
Due to having two posts, I have no major reads here. I cannot get a read off of someone who has so few posts.

Farobi is ****posting.

Not exactly a fan of this post. The Ness/Farobi/tae thing was a confusing mess, I can't really blame Sensai for being confused by that. Now that I'm seriously reading these posts instead of skimming on my phone, I'm neutral on them.

I'm not particularly a fan of the "nobody is suspicious of him but I'm gonna say I TR him anyways". I mean I know I'm hypocritical because I'm about to say who I TR. But still.

I also don't like nulling Farobi just because you don't know their playstyle. You don't always have to rely on meta-analysis. New players make reads all the time despite not knowing how people play.

The "drop in, provide notes, and leave" reminds me a LOT of his playstyle for BOTW.

I can't find Curry's posts because I can't find their username. Please help.

I do notice that in reading Sensai's posts, back in post 97, Ness sus's on Sensai because they haven't had the chance to read the thread.

I'm sure you'll write this off as me trying to be OMGUS, but how exactly can you lean scum on someone for not reading the thread only halfway through day one? That's nonsense.

If I absolutely have to pick a town-lock, it's you. Playstyle is so far similar to BOTW.

This spoiler is for me. I am amazing.

toad's analysis of the Ness/Tae/Farobi debacle does seem to be spot on.

I like that SensaiGallade attempted to start some discussion in post 14. It's better than nothing.

I am not a fan of these posts of Sensai's. The first reads of guilt tripping, and the second reads as "of course I agree with who you think is scum".

God it's times like these where I wish I had kept the wiki up to date. What games has Vanessa played in, or is this a first?

Vanessa seems to be jumping on bandwagons

But it also does read a lot like new player to me.

Again as I said with Ness, this is gonna look like OMGUS, but he did seem to want to jump on the "sus oath" train Ness was trying to pull out of the station.

I like this post, but I kind of can't agree with Bianca being a chaotic TP because this is her playstyle. The only way to figure this out is for us to put up her for lynch and see if she drops out, basically.

Due to having three posts, I have no major reads here. I cannot get a read off of someone who has so few posts.

Due to having three posts, I have no major reads here. I cannot get a read off of someone who has so few posts.

I disagree on his FoS on Farobi.

This is a very wishywashy post.

Due to having no posts, I have no major reads here. I cannot get a read off of someone who has so few posts.

Due to having one post, I have no major reads here. I cannot get a read off of someone who has so few posts.

Look I honestly have no clue.

Town-Read: Ness, tae, VanessaMay18, xCleb, amazonevan19

Null-Read (in no particular order): Dad, Heyden, Farobi, toadsworthy, PandaDarling, Locket, Kit, Trundle, Biancasboutique, f11

Scum-Read: Jacob, SensaiGallade

To Be Ranked: Curry because I can't find their posts. Please help.

I don't like having so many people in the null-read category, but, so many people haven't contributed much.

why are you full reads listing so early in?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Because he asked for my thoughts and I provided them.

I didn't give anything day one that game.

Guys it's WAY too early to be thinking about NL or policy lynch, wtf oath.

Since when is NL this appalling horrendous thing? Like, seriously, way way back in the day, the days where I think f11, Trundle, Dad, Farobi, and I used to play, we would basically just guaranteed PL after a bunch of ****-posting. This is the first D1 where I'm actually contributing.

Dad[/B]]

Heyden[/B]]

Farobi is ****posting.

Not exactly a fan of this post. The Ness/Farobi/tae thing was a confusing mess, I can't really blame Sensai for being confused by that. Now that I'm seriously reading these posts instead of skimming on my phone, I'm neutral on them.

I'm not particularly a fan of the "nobody is suspicious of him but I'm gonna say I TR him anyways". I mean I know I'm hypocritical because I'm about to say who I TR. But still.

I also don't like nulling Farobi just because you don't know their playstyle. You don't always have to rely on meta-analysis. New players make reads all the time despite not knowing how people play.

The "drop in, provide notes, and leave" reminds me a LOT of his playstyle for BOTW.

I can't find Curry's posts because I can't find their username. Please help.

I do notice that in reading Sensai's posts, back in post 97, Ness sus's on Sensai because they haven't had the chance to read the thread.

I'm sure you'll write this off as me trying to be OMGUS, but how exactly can you lean scum on someone for not reading the thread only halfway through day one? That's nonsense.

If I absolutely have to pick a town-lock, it's you. Playstyle is so far similar to BOTW.

This spoiler is for me. I am amazing.

toad's analysis of the Ness/Tae/Farobi debacle does seem to be spot on.

I like that SensaiGallade attempted to start some discussion in post 14. It's better than nothing.

I am not a fan of these posts of Sensai's. The first reads of guilt tripping, and the second reads as "of course I agree with who you think is scum".

God it's times like these where I wish I had kept the wiki up to date. What games has Vanessa played in, or is this a first?

Vanessa seems to be jumping on bandwagons

But it also does read a lot like new player to me.

Again as I said with Ness, this is gonna look like OMGUS, but he did seem to want to jump on the "sus oath" train Ness was trying to pull out of the station.

I like this post, but I kind of can't agree with Bianca being a chaotic TP because this is her playstyle. The only way to figure this out is for us to put up her for lynch and see if she drops out, basically.

I disagree on his FoS on Farobi.

This is a very wishywashy post.

Due to having no posts, I have no major reads here. I cannot get a read off of someone who has so few posts.

Due to having one post, I have no major reads here. I cannot get a read off of someone who has so few posts.

Look I honestly have no clue.

Town-Read: Ness, tae, VanessaMay18, xCleb, amazonevan19

Null-Read (in no particular order): Dad, Heyden, Farobi, toadsworthy, PandaDarling, Locket, Kit, Trundle, Biancasboutique, f11

Scum-Read: Jacob, SensaiGallade

To Be Ranked: Curry because I can't find their posts. Please help.

I don't like having so many people in the null-read category, but, so many people haven't contributed much.

Can anyone tell me how F11 played previously? Like I looked back at their posts and it's just answering the RQs and advocating for NL lmao. If that isn't obvious scum tell then idk what is

Damn, really found myself not having much time for this now that I have a job and weird schedule. I had to skim again. I have unstable internet at work and will try to make a longer analysis of other players but I'm going to dedicate my time to a specific case. I'm going to give my initial reaction to Oath because it isn't a good one:

I find it weird that he's putting forth so much effort on day 1 which he admits himself is unusual but his goal despite these efforts is to no lynch. I also don't really like how he accused evan of a wishywashy post when it didn't seem that wishywashy to me, seems like a case of throwing the word out there to make uncertain behavior seem scummy when in fact it's more an indication of town.

Not only this, but he's trying to use old tbt to defend the idea of no lynching and saying that it was the best thing to do in quiet day one situations when in fact it was because players were bad at being town in general and didn't know how to scumhunt and that's why NLing usually happened, and it was usually because there were inactive players who didn't post much if at all. But given the modkill rules, a silent player won't be modkilled for another day so you're not necessarily saving a mislynch in NLing, because it means town is wasting their KP while mafia freely uses their KP in the night that follows a mislynch. And then those people who aren't posting much do get modkilled. There have been plenty of times when mafia has been lynched day one and it's in more recent times, not as much in the old tbt days. Why? Because people are improving in general thanks to certain players that came around.

The list of all the players with spoilers seems kind of fillery to me as well, given half of them are 'only have a few posts so that must means there's nothing to read into' when in fact you can still read into one or two posts. Not only that but he ended this big post with an excuse on his nulls being all 'I'm annoyed that there's so many nulls but hey there are people who have only posted two or three times that means you can't read them and thus I'm excused from doing so!'

Example:

When he was reacting to tae's sus on bianca he suggested that the only way to figure out what Bianca is, is to put her up for a lynch and see how she reacts:

When if previous games are any indication we know she's going to react poorly and make herself seem scummy no matter what alignment she is. This suggestion is absolutely sketchy.

Also Oath seemed to have a neutral opinion on Farobi which is weird as hell since he thought it was town vs town vs town when it came to Ness vs Farobi vs Tae. Something about that seemed like avoidance. Lastly when he was reading into Ness in this post he criticized Ness' sus of Sensei over something as small as not having read the thread when his own sus of Sensei seemed to be based on something small as well. One other thing that bothers me in his read on Ness is that he townlocked Ness anyways and townlocked him because his playstyle was 'similar to BotW', which seems to contradict how Oath has been very anti-meta lately, because in townlocking Ness he's fully using meta in doing so.

Also tae going after bianca seems like somebody going after an easy target given how unstable bianca is.

But yeah Oath is my biggest suspect based on his null filler, excuses for null filler, misuse of the term wishywashy, contradictory behavior, NL suggestion, and going after easy targets.

If you can't come up with a lynch candidate after everything gone down, you need to try harder.... I will make some sense of it probably tonight when I should be asleep

They wanted me to contribute, and I did. You'll notice that tae did a similar thing.

Also Oath seemed to have a neutral opinion on Farobi which is weird as hell since he thought it was town vs town vs town when it came to Ness vs Farobi vs Tae. Something about that seemed like avoidance. Lastly when he was reading into Ness in this post he criticized Ness' sus of Sensei over something as small as not having read the thread when his own sus of Sensei seemed to be based on something small as well. One other thing that bothers me in his read on Ness is that he townlocked Ness anyways and townlocked him because his playstyle was 'similar to BotW', which seems to contradict how Oath has been very anti-meta lately, because in townlocking Ness he's fully using meta in doing so.

Also tae going after bianca seems like somebody going after an easy target given how unstable bianca is.

But yeah Oath is my biggest suspect based on his null filler, excuses for null filler, misuse of the term wishywashy, contradictory behavior, NL suggestion, and going after easy targets.

I thought it was town v town v town. Then as I went through and read, it just seemed like ****posting on the part of Farobi. Thus nulling him.

Yes, I am using meta for Ness. Yes, I am a hypocrite for that. Okay.

Okay, fine, you can critique me for the null filler. Whatever. It's me contributing somewhat.

**** this, I'm done. See you all after whoever you all lynch, obviously it's going to be me because once that train started rolling, it's bandwagon time, here comes Dad with his load of garbage. This is ridiculous. I get **** in BOTW for not contributing day one, and now that I attempt to contribute day one here I get put up for lynch. There's just no winning.

breathes deeply

i am only halfway through the thread, what i have so far (from my understanding) is basically a number generator was used to tell if i was scum/not scum then this whole thing erupted. decided to say this since i'm involved
lemme finish reading this thread and i'll come back with a list

Nice, the reaction to this is to not defend the accusations that you're null fillering and contradicting yourself, and then appealing to emotions. Sticking to my vote.

I will stick up for oath. I never thought he was scummy.... call me pocketer, call me defending whatever. This wagon starting feels just bad

- - - Post Merge - - -

We've ****ing established it's a dumb idea; move on already. Christ.

Maybe I won't stick up for you, damn

No one's bandwagoning oath. I also still am not completely sold on voting for him because I could still see some town motivation in his posts. Can you all see that f11 is scummy? Answering RQs that have no weight whatsoever in terms of value (even the joke RQs by tae), and chiming in and wanting to No Lynch even though it has been explained in the thread that it's not the best idea. Just in the way the posts are written there are tells of nervousness I feel like. Looks like meek mafia unsure on how to contribute to the discussion for sure. If there's anyone who I would like to lynch today, it's f11.

Nice, the reaction to this is to not defend the accusations that you're null fillering and contradicting yourself, and then appealing to emotions. Sticking to my vote.

It's null fillering because half the game, including you, isn't posting!

I get it. You have real life stuff. So do other people. You have absolutely no right to come in here, say that you have no time due to a real life work schedule, and then critique me for not being able to read you. Here, how about you try this?

f11 you've played like as many games as I have. "5" lol okay

Also I'm posting from work on the cell so I can't make big posts but I'll reread and add my thoughts so far. Not a fan of this rqs because I've seen it word for word three games in a row. None of my answers have changed, still prefer to be mafia over town and honestly I wouldn't fearkill anyone in this game. Not sure anyone in this game could read me well, Ness caught me in assassin but that wasn't really mafia and seemed like a guess between active oldbies but I will give him the benefit of being the only one in this game who might be able to. glow seems alright, never played with tae but apparently people would fearkill them but idk

Also I like how Vanessa took Ness so seriously right off the bat lol, seemed odd to me

@Farobi: glow was one of the few decent town players in BotW which is why I bring them up.

btw people are townreading those three way too fast, I would like for any of you who just straight up read it as town vs town vs town to explain why you think everyone that was involved in that argument is town. Those three being Ness/tae/Farobi. I don't necessarily see it yet.

Tell me exactly how I'm supposed to get something out of this? The first quote is you answering the RQS, and the second saying people are townreading too fast. But hey, that's you. Let's try someone else's posts.

wow #blessed

1. What is your timezone?
AEDT +10
2. How active will you be this game?
Not as active as previous games for sure
3. Preferred pronoun?
He/Him
4. Do you prefer being Town or Mafia?
Town
5. How do you handle pressure?
Very well
6. Which player(s) in this game can you read the best?
idk I don't keep track tbh
7. Which player(s) in this game can best read you?
same as above
8. How many games have you played?
40?
9. Who would you fearkill N1?
I don't fearkill bc people can usually never read me correctly

Tell me, Dad, what's your thoughts on Heyden? Because I don't think you're gonna get far with these posts.

1. What is your timezone? AST

2. How active will you be this game? Not exceedingly active, especially for D1 as I'm still out of town.

3. Preferred pronoun? bob

4. Do you prefer being Town or Mafia? honestly indifferent, I just like well set up games

5. How do you handle pressure? depends if I'm town or mafia

6. Which player(s) in this game can you read the best? I drive the bus

7. Which player(s) in this game can best read you? I drive the bus

8. How many games have you played?

9. Who would you fearkill N1?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Whoops I thought that was all the questions.

8 idk

9 Dolby

How about Trundle? Can you scum or town read him?

I?m alive. First of all can we have more fun rqs these are always recycled and boring.

1. pst
2. I have priorities like school but I won?t coast ;)
3. idc
4. I love being mafia so much
5. Me? Handling Pressure? Y?all are wild.
6. Me? Knowing how to read? Y?all are wild.
7. Jacob I think, maybe tae and panda too
8. I?ve only played 5 mafia games before uwu :lemon:
9. Tae, Dad, and Glow

tell me the 3 best things about you: I?m funny, I have good memes and an ok fashion sense.

on a scale of 1-10, how strict are/were your parents?: 8; not like ?strict? but it essentiall caused me to lose a whole childhood.

which would you pick: being world-class attractive, a genius or famous for doing something great?: I would wanna be wealthy af so whichever one gives the most money.

if you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?: My whole body and my personality, hate it all lol

what was your favorite toy growing up?: Sheepie, a stuffed sheep doll I had

what made you want to play forum mafia?: I saw all the cool people were playing i and I wanted to be cool too.

Oooh, or f11! Yeah, I can definitely formulate a read off of that.

Oh wait there's nothing

1. What is your timezone? EST

2. How active will you be this game? I have no life so I would probably be pretty active

3. Preferred pronoun? He/him

4. Do you prefer being Town or Mafia? Town because it easier :(

5. How do you handle pressure? I am very bad under pressure but online I am more at ease

6. Which player(s) in this game can you read the best? I haven't played TBT Mafia before lmao

7. Which player(s) in this game can best read you? IDK

8. How many games have you played? 0

9. Who would you fearkill N1? IDK who they are

woah there is drama and mafia hasn't even got past the first day

I'd go further but it'd honestly be obnoxious at this point. You look at those posts and tell me how I'm supposed to formulate a read on them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I will stick up for oath. I never thought he was scummy.... call me pocketer, call me defending whatever. This wagon starting feels just bad

- - - Post Merge - - -

Maybe I won't stick up for you, damn

I'm pissed.

No one's bandwagoning oath. I also still am not completely sold on voting for him because I could still see some town motivation in his posts. Can you all see that f11 is scummy? Answering RQs that have no weight whatsoever in terms of value (even the joke RQs by tae), and chiming in and wanting to No Lynch even though it has been explained in the thread that it's not the best idea. Just in the way the posts are written there are tells of nervousness I feel like. Looks like meek mafia unsure on how to contribute to the discussion for sure. If there's anyone who I would like to lynch today, it's f11.

I've been questioned by Ness (though that's dropped off), xCleb, amazonevan19, and now Dad. It certainly seems like bandwagoning at least from where I'm sitting.

so has the argument just been that you have too many null reads? Or did full reads?

I think the consensus from BOTW was that the coasting people Day 1 are the ones to watch. Not the ones posting reads day 1.... I don't care what anyone says, that formula works time after time.

so has the argument just been that you have too many null reads? Or did full reads?

I think the consensus from BOTW was that the coasting people Day 1 are the ones to watch. Not the ones posting reads day 1.... I don't care what anyone says, that formula works time after time.

Too many null.

I looked at your reads and figured you have an outline, and are filling it up as you go, and copy pasting it to save time

I agree, time after time it's the damn coasters that end up being Mafia.

Back