• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Caxnival Mafia: Game Thread - End Game

I'm curious why you don't scumlean Bianca going by your logic here.

Sure, switch Jacob out of my list and replace him with bianca. With that post, Jacob definitely isn't behaving like he was in BotW and he's right about what toad said about people piling up on sensei being something toads would say as scum.

bianca was kinda null but when I think about it she's not usually this quiet when town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Anyways Farobi...

200.gif

You're taking a while to answer my simple questions and I see you. I gotta go in a minute.

- - - Post Merge - - -

my gif didn't work

tumblr_inline_o95icqnlPc1rpcnpz_540.gif

- - - Post Merge - - -

He disappeared. Whatever.

So @Dad, what makes you so sus of me to put me as 3rd in your list? You have mentioned about one thing I have said, of which I responded to it. Panda you have come out and said more about too, but are lower in your list? If its the day 1 lynch... you might want to say that in a post rather than just putting me on your list of suspects so high, otherwise unsubstantiated reads will not get you far in my book. I expected better from you.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I see you covered ground with your latest post a little, but your post about the scum team being within 8 different people is what I'm referring to

Lol i was right on Sensai.
Voted for oath and oath didn't die soooo.
Opinions on that still stand.

but why. you haven't said anything about him besides "he reminds me of past games"?????
Yeah that's basically it lmao, you can see a divide from his Mystic Messenger play where he was more tunnelly and less open to other options imo. Also the fact it looks like Oath/Panda vs Dad/Me, naturally I'm gonna side with whatever will keep me alive, plus I've been townreading him since the beginning anyway. While he hasn't said he's townread me, he's def not sus and I don't think he's pocketing either so.

Also ftr I think Oath could be scum, still reevaluating on Panda.

Soz for the blueball dad. I'm not going to talk about anyone after the end of night cause I know i'll end up piling many hours on it when i have other non-mafia stuff to do. I find it real obvious but whenever i find time to make a proper post i'll finally do a reads list

Ok I'm caught up with the thread. I feel a bit better but having a cold sucks. Gonna start on my reads here

Please don't censor bypass or I'll delete your game, thanks.

Scumreads
Dad – who the hell puts 8 people in a potential scumteam? I know he’s saying there’s likely some scum in those 8 people but like, seriously? Ever since night 1 started, I felt he’s changed in his approach. And I don’t like it. Yeah, he’s scumreading me more, but that’s not so much the reason I feel he could be scum.

Biancasboutique – has disappeared. A silent Bianca usually does not bode well for her towniness.

Luniel – silent, where the hell were they EoD, and why?

Locket – see Luniel’s explanation.

Heyden – I used to townread him because I felt he was contributing well. But after Ness pointed out his contradictory stance EoD, and his not exactly convincing defense, I think it’s very likely he could be scum.

Oath2order – something definitely feels off with him still. Trying to back away from his suggestion he renounced, and keeps insisting he is being more active now, but I just don’t see much town motivation behind what he’s doing.

Null
VanessaMay18 – while she keeps saying really baffling things, and it’s important to be vigilant against Bianca 2.0, she also seems to be smarter than Bianca’s dumbtelling episode and genuinely trying to make reads, albeit faulty ones IMO. A combination of activity and some noob town vibes has moved her up to null, for now. If she's being coached, then the mafia suck at coaching. ;)

PandaDarling – inactivity explained by IRL circumstances, seemed to be hunting for opportunities to pounce on scumlike behavior, and mainly focused on me EoD. I don’t begrudge her that and in fact think it’s a somewhat townie vibe.

Curry – does…he even know he’s in this game? I can’t analyze someone who’s posted nothing since joining. If he still hasn’t spoken by end of night he may become a scumlean.

Tae – seems unnecessarily combative. There’s aggressive, and then there’s aggressive to the point of being slightly rude. No offense. Aside from that, I am not really sure what to make of their posts.

Toadsworthy – doubt he’d sacrifice so much of his credibility to lynch one vanilla townie as scum, but I’m less confident he’s town after the vote regardless.

F11 – the usual enigmatic f11 is back. Feel they’ve been under-discussed until now, but the focus is on why people townread f11, instead of actually trying to dig into f11’s posts.

Farobi – a mixed bag sending mixed signals. Not too keen on his scolding us over Sensai, like he knew how Sensai would flip.

Townlean
Trundle – IRL excuses abound, but tbh I buy them for now, and his entrance post at the start of this night reeked genuine to me.

Ness – is playing like town Ness to me so far. Aggressively pursuing leads, posting big manifestos on who he feels is scum…for now I trust him.

Kit – reminding me of how they played as JOAT before. Not terribly active, but the contributions they have made sometimes align with mine.

xCleb – I really liked his post about waiting to lynch Heyden, even though Heyden is a scumlean of mine. This shows restraint and wanting to listen to the perspective of someone who’s just been accused – townie traits. I am aware it could be a show and he purposefully pulled it to appear town, but Cleb’s behavior this game has been much more proactive than some of his prior recent stints.

Jacob – more IRL excuses to go around, but so far their posts seem fine to me. Not really outstanding or terrible, but ones I can work with. Not detecting ulterior motives with him thus far

- - - Post Merge - - -

Please don't censor bypass or I'll delete your game, thanks.

...did I miss something?

I mostly agree with evan's list, but I'd put tae and toads to town. If I was online by the time Sensai lynch pushed through I would've taken back what I said about him because I felt a geniuine response to his reply to Vannessa + his follow up posts.

And Dad putting 8 people in his list is the scummiest thing in the book. He's "trying" to dwindle the list of lynch candidates perhaps putting in the forefront the stronger town-leaning members for his added scum benefit. He's trying to persuade us to just focus within those list of people basically, and leave the rest negligible for now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

By added scum benefit i mean = "no need to NK them if I can generate confusion to town!"

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm hoping the Vig does his action tonight actually. The earlier information we get the better :)

tbh now my list is a little different now that there are a few new posts and I've read what I missed rather than just skimming it:

Evan/toads/Farobi/Oath/Panda/bianca/Ness/f11

Taking Luniel out because I have a feeling they're the one Tina is looking for a replacement for. If not, they'll go back on it. I'll explain some of these a little more in-depth:

Evan - There's a lot about Evan that I find suspicious. Primarily, it still stands that he is saying everything town would want to hear and tried at every turn to sound like he was making the most logical observation throughout the day. He went after oath after I made a post against him, then he voteswitched to Sensei and their reason being 'I want oath gone but sensei reacted badly and had illogical reasoning' which indeed seems like an easy reasoning on joining the bandwagon. Post #425 was weird and really out of place:

Because I feel generous, here?s a foolproof guide on reading me.

If I say something that mechanically or grammatically sounds scummy, 3/4 times it?s just town me being stupid and not proofing my posts so I don?t get scumread.

If I make a giant, hard to believe roleclaim before EoD, 50/50 odds I?m town or scum.

If I?m trying to lead various lynches on people who end up being town, I?m 75% likely to be scum.

Which scenario am I right now? I firmly know it?s the first one ;)

Nobody asked for a foolproof guide on reading him so him providing it is distracting and just seems off.

Toads- 3rd? How about 2nd now. Not only do I not like the way you led that lynch against Sensei, but it was based on how they were reacting and it was kinda obvious that it wasn't necessarily a clear scumtell in terms of reaction but what annoys me the most about it is that people weren't listening to what I was saying about you, Evan, and Oath and just bandwagoned this, so I thank you for some of that result. That being said it still stands that you were saying everything you think town wanted to hear in a similar way to Evan. You criticized people who jumped on your own bandwagon which says to town 'hey I made a mistake but look at how people bandwagoned me, scum's could be there, let's scumhunt there!', which also echoes what Jacob had to say about it as well, which I very much agree with. That and saying Farobi RNGing Locket would be a suicidal move as scum made no sense and was a weird way to read them as town.

Farobi - In general, I feel like them doing the RNG was done as a means to distract town and try to seem townish by getting discussion going and using a newbie in doing so. You can keep doing a random number generator over and over again until you get the number you want for the screenshot so that can easily be fabricated as well, because it ending up on a newb just seems to convenient, because newer players often react badly in situations like these and lead to getting people suspicious of them. Not only this, but he randomly threw an incorrect accusation at Heyden. They went after f11 and stuck to it despite other players in the game coasting in a similar fashion, and I've seen people make a vote like this as scum to stay out of a bandwagon they know is incorrect and in doing so it makes them come off as somebody taking their own stances. Their suspicions of me are also straight dumb. And I don't like the last post they made. It's excuse making. The time it took to type that small paragraph could have been spent giving a quick answer on why he townleaned Evan and why he didn't include Luniel in his list of inactive people to call out.

Oath- I will say that I'm keeping him on here for staying on that Sensei suspicion, potentially teaming with toads on it, because I wasn't a fan of his reason for wanting to suspect Sensei in the first place. Not only that but I still dislike the big post full of null reads. That, and his reaction to me grilling him was a strong appeal to emotion and he seemed to buckle to the pressure I put on him immediately and raged.

5. How do you handle pressure? Well.

So much for that lol. That being said something also feels honest in regards to him raging specifically about being criticized over being active on the first day, which is really unsual for his meta, because he did clarify in his rqs that he'd be active in this game. I think if toads is mafia, Oath could be mafia. If Oath is town, I'm looking at Evan, Kit, and Trundle. Evan bw'd me and voteswitched when convenient, Kit just jumped on Oath as well, and Trundle was like 'lol oath is active, must mean he's mafia'.

Panda- If Luniel is the one about to be replaced, then I still don't like Panda voting for them and going after somebody who is very inactive like that, it would match up with Farobi, voting somebody not in focus at all in order to stay out of the bandwagon pool or indicate alignments too much given how little there is to read of Luniel. All she voted Luni for is a 'scum slip' in their rqs, was really uneasy and casual in deflecting the heat that was brought on her because of her RQS answer. I still don't like that RQS answer as well.

bianca- I'm not a huge fan of the fact that she placeholder voted against Ness and then went quiet for most of the game. I know she does this almost every game as a joke but doing such a thing is good insurance and in a situation where you have to vote every day, she could be cashing in on that insurance by voting, not getting modkilled, and being quiet and sliding by without drawing much attention to herself because she's not great at being scum given how poorly she handled pressure as town. That way, she lives another day, keeps KP for mafia up in doing so.

Ness- in general, something about him doesn't feel right, maybe I'm overestimating him as town? I feel like he's one of the better players on tbt now so for him to jump on the Sensei lynch and not see through it was crap. I mean he did make that mistake on Evan in a previous game as town but agreed with some of it as well and it was based on reactions as well. Still, he seems to suspect me but not want to be out with why yet, and if you have to take that long to prepare a case against me something is contrived. A little defensive on my part but I see no scummy behavior on my part, or even behavior that town would logically read as scummy. I'm also just not a fan of his townreads in general.

f11- I'm leaving crys at the bottom because she coasts as both town and mafia in early game, but if she's kept alive towards the end and she's town, she eventually starts becoming a voice of reason because she is one of the few town left who has been through a good game or two and has a good idea on people's meta.

If I'm going to tackle this game from an alignment standpoint I can see

Evan/toads/bianca/maybeoathbuthe'santibianca

Farobi/Panda/Oath

Farobi/Ness

Evan/Kit/Trundle/bianca (Oath as town theory)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Aaaaand I get ninja'd because someone made a big post when I was making a big post.

But L M F A O at the both of you going after me for putting an 8 member scum team suspicion up. I'm clearly not saying that's the entire team, as is indicated by the alignment breakdowns at the end of my last big post I just made. It's a list of 8 people I find to be suspicious, changing every so often with new information. How that makes me in any way scummy I'd love for you to explain.

for once in my life im gonna put my faith in toad's gut intuition. if you fail me brother im gonna pile drive you into the ****ing earth.
LOL.

Oh I thought Sensai softed blue before lol. Ok idc who's lynched, Oath/Sensai either's fine, if Panda ends up being scum I'll hate you all.
sus af

you took it today....?
the estimated date for the PSAT is October 11th, tomorrow...
I have some personal issues that can?t allow me take it tomorrow but if you want to talk about my personal life I?d be more than happy to do it in a pm, otherwise, gtfo ;)

On another point, Evan acts so smug sometimes it?s annoying.

He's trying to persuade us to just focus within those list of people basically, and leave the rest negligible for now.

And yes it is me trying to gather focus on specific people, but in doing so I am in no way saying 'don't look at anyone else', because I take people out and put new people in as more information arises because I'm paying attention to everyone in the game. Listing specific people and leaving out others is clearly not a case of me wanting town to neglect the rest of the game. You're reaching in trying to paint it that way to disenfranchise the work I'm putting in on my reads.

- - - Post Merge - - -

In general if team turns out to be Evan/Farobi/Toads/Panda I'm gonna laugh.

Scumreads
Biancasboutique ? has disappeared. A silent Bianca usually does not bode well for her towniness.

Luniel ? silent, where the hell were they EoD, and why?

Locket ? see Luniel?s explanation.

Heyden ? I used to townread him because I felt he was contributing well. But after Ness pointed out his contradictory stance EoD, and his not exactly convincing defense, I think it?s very likely he could be scum.
Fair point on Bianca, not really settled with Luniel/Locket since inactive noobs don't really indicate alignment whatsoever, so I think null would be more appropriate seeing as Curry is null for also having a lack of posts.

Now you townread me for contributing well but honestly I had like 5 posts prior to the Panda entangling bs I got myself into, so I'm guessing the stuff you townread me for now makes you scumread me bc it's 'contradictory'. I'm sorry that my reads change as people post, I won't pursue an initial scumread if I don't find them scummy anymore, or continue to townread someone because I did originally.

Also I don't recall suddenly scumreading dad, ness, you, jacob, f11 or townread panda, cleb, toads, sensai. While I didn't directly push for my slight suspicions it DOESN'T mean I'm contradictory. Yes Panda was 'reflecting' her past town play where she's stubborn to claim, but meta isn't a mirror, it may reveal things but it doesn't always explain other behaviours.

As for my unconvincing defence against Ness, I honestly don't know how to reply to why I didn't push Toads instead of Sensai, I really don't understand that bit at all, especially since I never push for lynches that won't happen bc why waste a vote.

So! Panda randomly brings up Luniel because of a "scum slip, but never does she refer back to this again It seems like grasping at the lowest hanging fruits imo. Panda also says this:
cause my one vote is gonna do that right ?
, this post confuses me because if you think someone is mafia you usually try to get and persuade other people to vote for that other person, but panda didn't really do that, it seems she was content with her on Luniel, which is brought up again, even when she switches votes to Evan. Next, Panda not outing is something she does as both mafia and town, so her lack of claim doesn't really ping her as town imo.
omg.. make up your mind.... i was about to claim your lucky i refreshed before i pressed reply.
BET. This post sounds so fillery and fake and weird. Panda nitpicking Evans wording was interesting, I don't have any more to say about that. IMO Panda really is lacking in substance and stance in her posts. I also feel like her posts are missing her town like flair, if that makes sense. Panda was a perfectly acceptable lynch, with her curdled and disjointed day 1 playstyle. I think mafia was okay with bussing panda and having her take one for the team, but realized some other town members were creating more distraction and gartering more attention, and stopped going after her. VERDICT: MAFIA

I'm gettin a little lazy and sleepy right now so ill speed through whatever else I wanted to say.

Reading through the thread the first time, I felt like Heyden was scum but in retrospect right now I am actually being reminded alot of his town play, where as mafia heyden is decisive and confident.

Evan made like 12115741738 weird ass comments as day was ending. How annoying. Evan acts really smug, and makes if I were mafia i would do x comments. His guide to how to read himself was annoying also, but I don't think scum Evan would do that. I also think scum Evan acts more as a lone wolf and actually has less interactions with people during day. As of now I don't think Evan is scum.

Toad really pushed Sensai over nothing lol. I don't see why Toad was so agressive about lynching Sensai, but it makes me think of toads more as town then mafia, because mafia Toad doesn't act very boldly.

I felt oath was pretty weird but it's not anything concrete rn so Ill come back to him eventually.

I had thought Tae was town but that vagueness at EOD has me doubting myself.

Farobi is probably town, but should stop getting distracted by me and get his head in the game.

I have to go back to look at Cleb's posts because I honestly can't form an opinion of him right now, but this is something I don't want to overlook.

Urgh i don't like lynching either sensai or panda. Doesnt feel solid enough yet w mainly just evan leading the lynch.
Guess ill wait and see if my vote changes.
Also for 20 players this d1 thread is small af
This quote by kit didn't make sense to me, can someone explain what shes saying im dumb.

oof I was gonna say something about dad but I forgot lmao, ill try to remember though.

I'm going to sleep and when I wake up i am going to expand on my opinion of ness as I reread his posts.

reads reads reads

Dad- Townreading still, mainly on his approach towards the game so far like his tone and reads makes me think he's town, don't think I'll get further into this bc I genuinely don't see how what he's done has warranted scumreads, same situation I'm in, so lowkey bias for that.

Farobi- Love how he calls me out for piggybacking in a post where he literally piggybacks himself. He's 'happy' that someone FINALLY picked up on it, like why couldn't he do it himself, why did you have to wait for someone?? Also lots of filler and one liners that sort of just throw random information around so I'm definitely suspicious of him.

Jacob
- Idk sort of gut townleaning him rn, he's following his meta from previous town games and whatever, but lowkey wary cos he did pretty well hiding last game.

Curry- ???

Ness- I think Ness is town, his tunnelly aggressive behaviour reminds me of BOTW mafia heavily, can't say I agree with his reads though.

Oath- Ok, not gonna repeat what everyone else has said about the policy/no lynch thing since that's long gone but I did find it weird he used older games as an excuse for why he suggested it. He's definitely played 'more recent' games (Scummies, GoT, etc) where policy and no lynching WASN'T a norm. A very weak defense fmpov, and almost opportunistic for using his old player status as an excuse. I feel like Oath would be the type of person to be snappy for people to question his intentions.

Interesting he went for Sensai and blatantly ignored the suspicions on Panda, not really chiming in his opinion on the situation, also his lack of reaction to Sensai flipping town, not sure what to think of that. That early reads list too didn't really give much besides a bunch of nulls, saying he's only contributing bc he got critiqued for it in BOTW, like what, you only just learnt that contributing is a good thing??

Toads- Don't think Toads would expose him that much to push a hard lynch on Sensai, I'd expect him to be extremely wary especially with how much he's been flipping scum lately.

Vanessa- Expressed sus for Panda very early on before it being dismissed by Ness so I can see why she susses Ness even though I disagree with her. Initially had sus on her but idk feeling sort of null now.

Cleb- Also was suspicious from the start but I feel a bit better with how he 'gave me a chance', unless it didn't matter what the lynch was bc it was between Sensai and I, although sort of mixed feelings on his Oath unvote which he felt somewhat confident about at first.

Tae- I think he's town, hasn't played mafia in a while and I don't think tae actually has scum meta at all, so ya.

Panda- Getting lazier the further I go down the list, but in summary, weird RQS answer, pushing for noobs, refusing to claim (idk this could be town too), that weird 'aha I almost claimed!' post, and her extreme grasping for straws on things, and other posts I could probably point out as weird like asking me why I'm not pushing for Evan and her instead..? idk

Locket- Bianca vote was weird, otherwise no clue.

Luniel- Probably being replaced I assume.

Evan- Thought he was town at first, having withdrawals with especially how much his reads differ from mine. Originally thought his EoD actions was just awkward town but idk.

Kit- pls post more

f11- Still think she's town I probably mentioned in another post why.

Trundle- idk, came into the game with an instant essay on oath which I found interesting, I have my eye on your scumdle

Bianca- Don't like her disappearance and her constant whining of how people attack her, feel as if she's using AtE to her advantage possibly.

I'm here all night if anyone has questions so go ahead. I feel like I have WAY too many townleans/reads but w/e. Will be focusing on my orange and yellow reads tomorrow if I'm not fighting until my dying breath the whole day.

welp, taking f11 off my list tbh, that post screams crys townplay

Also Farobi you never answered why you neglected to list Luniel in the inactive people you were calling out.

This quote by kit didn't make sense to me, can someone explain what shes saying im dumb.
Umm idk either but I think what she's trying to say is that she doesn't feel like lynching Sensai or Panda bc it's Evan leading it. "Guess I'll wait and see if my vote changes" probably meant she was waiting for more content, probably just poor grammar

listen up you lil doots

Townleans:
Jacob
N e s s
toadsworthy
tae
amazonevan19
oath2order
xCleb
VanessaMay18

Nulls:
Kit
f11
PandaDarling
Curry

Scumbois:
Dad
Heyden
Trundle
Locket
Luniel
Bianasboutique

This list is in no order.

If anyone wants to clear up on my townleans let me know. Oath is in there because his name is getting so much flak from both my townreads and scumreads that it's more than likely that he's not associated with any support team at all (i.g. mafia). PandaDarling for the same reason. Evan is there because he gives off town vibes, and his performance here isn't very similar to that in FNAF Mafia as scum. Many of those are my townreads just based on gut feelings. VanessaMay18 and xCleb is clinging between Town and Null for me, but otherwise I'm fine with that list.

Although I make decisions with my gut most of the time, I trust my instincts more than anything else. Dad's and Heyden's reads list were fine, in fact I'm more likely to place Heyden to null --- but at the moment I still find it utterly suspicious how little Dad talks about Heyden given that he's an active candidate for suspicion as well.

However, the main reason I find Dad suspicious is that his scum list deviates highly from mine. I feel confident that many of the people he lists are town. And if I'm wrong then I'll probably take a backseat in the next games.

And at the case of me leaving out Luniel, I simply forgot. I went off my own memory of who's playing and who's inactive etc and their name escaped me.

To the rest of my scumreads, Trundle has a convenient excuse of being busy if he is mafia. It's really weird how little his name is mentioned around the thread. I hope we don't put him in the backseat altogether and go nuts during the day without considering that he could be mafia as well.

Locket ... my RNG bond is still attached to you. You won't escape my field of suspicion no matter how people see my methods. That aside, the reason I'm seriously considering you to be scum now is based on your reads list. Nulling majority of the players and iirc only townleaning a few (one of which is Dad fyi, when he wasn't even that active). There has been no response from you after that list (I think), and if you're town you're not playing the game right.

Luniel ... Scumleaning them still though despite Dad trying to call them out over forgetting.. Maybe you're not anymore interested in the game or you're active in the Quicktopic. If you get modkilled as an important role that would be a bummer, but in general quietness will raise suspicions from me.

Bianca is hard to read that's for sure. I'm genuinely curious as to what you color you would flip. The most scummy thing about her is how she goes inactive after her vote placeholder. Honestly that's such an easy way for scum to coast by and I'm starting to think you're mafia playing the "don't touch me i'm innocent!" game to fool us. And if not, well :lemon:

- - - Post Merge - - -

jeez i just realized people are going to wake up to this long page so if you skimmed my post read it all again k bye

Lol i was right on Sensai.
Voted for oath and oath didn't die soooo.
Opinions on that still stand.

But why?

Oath- Ok, not gonna repeat what everyone else has said about the policy/no lynch thing since that's long gone but I did find it weird he used older games as an excuse for why he suggested it. He's definitely played 'more recent' games (Scummies, GoT, etc) where policy and no lynching WASN'T a norm. A very weak defense fmpov, and almost opportunistic for using his old player status as an excuse. I feel like Oath would be the type of person to be snappy for people to question his intentions.

Interesting he went for Sensai and blatantly ignored the suspicions on Panda, not really chiming in his opinion on the situation, also his lack of reaction to Sensai flipping town, not sure what to think of that. That early reads list too didn't really give much besides a bunch of nulls, saying he's only contributing bc he got critiqued for it in BOTW, like what, you only just learnt that contributing is a good thing??

Game of Thrones was one year and 10 months ago. It's not recent in any way whatsoever. Didn't play in Scummies IV. And the previous Scummies game before that, I hosted.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware we were required to react to the lynch.

That early reads list too didn't really give much besides a bunch of nulls

Sweetie if you've read my recent posts, you'll notice that I moved toad off of my null list into town-lean, and Panda off of null into scum-lean. The rest were the mostly the inactives. And, I have to repeat this, please explain to me how I am supposed to get a read on the people who have posted 0 to 3 times?

Back