• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you have any bad "friends"?

Sadly, yes. There's one girl in my friend group whom we've been friends with forever, however ever since we started high school, she's been acting so different. She'll leave us for her field hockey friends, never talk to us anymore despite how many classes we share with her, and then gets offended whenever we decide to hang out with her. She always victimizes herself and cries on her finsta so people could comfort her, but if she really was concerned about our friendship then she would actually join us again. It's not like we never kicked her out of the group.

And personally, me and her were never the greatest of friends. Ever since middle school, she always targets me. Once she tried to get secrets about me from my own cousin to try to blackmail me. She'd exclude me from plans and start conversations just to leave me out. We've never been comfortable with each other, but it wasn't a big enough deal for us to actually confront the problem.

But now? Now, she's being attention-seeking, two-faced, and just annoying. She had a "moment of clarity" on Friday when my group and I hung out without her, and is acting so "guilty" for not hanging out with us (which ended up with my friends trying to comfort her, saying that she isn't a horrible friend when we literally agreed that she was a few hours before), but if nothing changes with in a week and half, I'm confronting her. It's her choice whether or not to be a part of our friend group.

Yeah, when I was in primary school, I was quite the intelligent friend, and a lot of kids wanted me to be their friend just to use me for tests, but that isn't what I mean. I had kind of an archrival, named "Jack Proper." We were always fighting. I was brains, he was brawn. One day when it got really bad, we were throwing bark chips at eachother, rocks aimed at the Special Zone, etc. I hit him harder than I meant to, and in return, he slammed my head into a metal pole, making me bleed like hell, breaking my glasses, and giving me a concussion for weeks. He also stole my Pokemon cards, including that extremely rare Charizard card. Yeah, back in the day, I was quite the collector. I even had the designer Pikachu card. Anyway, in return for stealing my ultra rare cards, I kicked him in the groin, like, 15 times after school, then proceeding to slam HIS head into a metal pole. I never got my cards back, but it felt amazing to get back at him. And this was at 5 or 6, mind you. I skipped preschool. You probably won't believe me, but that's your choice, not mine.

Last edited:
no i used to have some but i barely have any friends now and the friends i have dont start fights or say mean things.
one of them is suuuper selfish and thinks she's the center of the universe, but i wouldnt say that she is a bad friend. she's mostly just embarrassing herself, creating drama for the sake of it and bragging or putting other people down to make herself seem better. when she puts other people down it usually just makes herself seem like a bad person, lol, so when she has been condencending to me ive pretty much only thought "oh wow she's going to hate herself for being this embarrassing in 10 years"

it is kind of annoying at times but because i dont see her very often it's not too bad and she's usually really nice and kind, it's just that in the long run she gets very annoying.

I've had bad friends, but not like that. Just really shifty friends who use me mostly. The kind that come to you in anytime of need or for advice and then disappear until they need something else. But if you try to reach out they want nothing to do with it.

Not anymore. That being said, there have been a lot of arguments in my "friend group" (it's kinda disintegrated) this year... Mainly because one of them insists we always do things her way.

I didn't have any one like that, but I did have my share of what I like to call "fairweather friends," meaning they show up only when they need someone, or when it's convenient for them. I had the people who never had my back in a pinch, and those who never say anything to your face, but always behind closed doors. I'm so glad for the most part, that's over with now.

well yeah
i can't really trust anyone
everyone has a bad side and no one is perfect

i've had real issues with bi*ching amongst friends but honestly i can't avoid it
i usually try to ignore it because it's going to be everywhere I go.

I used to have a friend like that. She was really controlling over me. She didn't want me to have any friends or interests outside of her. She would try to ruin all of my other friendships, and if I liked anything she would automatically hate it and try to make me hate it too. She was also very mean and disrespectful. She would always insult me or put me down, and whenever I had a problem she would always make it worse. When my cat was dying, she told me, "Get over it. It's just a stupid cat. I've gone through worse and you don't see me crying about it." She would also show up to my house whenever she wanted without asking (my family would invite her in), and then complain the whole time about how much she hated my family and our lifestyle, and how her life was so much better than mine. She would also break my things and hurt my animals, along with so many other things. Needless to say, I got tired of putting up with her and I ended our friendship.

I have a "friend" who, long story short, broke up our friend group, yet blames another friend. She won't apologize to me or take the blame, and recently I've realized that she doesn't treat me well. Whenever she asks me to do something for her, I do it, and she's like "thanks I owe you," which like, if I'm doing something nice for my friend, they shouldn't owe me! I do it because I like my friends! But then I ask her to do something for me, and she's like "oh I'm busy..." I really want to stop being friends with her. It's hard because I know I mean a lot to her as a friend, but I've realized she does not mean a lot to me (harsh I know lol). I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with this

Nope, I have 0 tolerance for relationships with people who don't respect me. That being said, I only got to be that way because I had so many bad friendships in the past. I've cut a lot of people out because they were toxic to me, and now I just don't tolerate people who can't treat me nice.

I used to have ?friends? from several Discord servers for several MMORPGs in the past year, but over time I learned they were not really friends, but that most of them were really just drama-oriented people and trolls hiding in the shadows, and even the genuine ones wouldn?t forgive me once I messed up. Then there were a couple who hid even further in the shadows and messed everything up for me, which is why I want revenge now. I fled to this site once I escaped their rotten lives and have nowhere else to go.

Last edited:
I’ve had quite a few bad friendships. I have a tendency to trust people way too much, and it always ends up hurting me. I try to be careful with who I tell my secrets to. I haven’t really been close to anyone except my current best friend. Still, I trust her enough to tell her anything. Although, I sometimes get the feeling in the back of my mind that I’m annoying to her. She reassures me and tells me I’m not annoying, but the thought still lingers.

I’m open to friendships. I try not to close myself off from people, but I don’t want to become friends with any fake people. I just want real friendships, and no games. I don’t have time for drama, or people being nice to me out of pity for me.

Last edited:
Get rid of them all better 2 have no friends than keeping stinky trash around u

i have 1 friend that throws **** to my other friends , i tell her to stop but idk she continues to do it.

i still love her anyways

i used to have two really toxic "best friends" but i cut ties with them last year and honestly i dont miss them at all, i was miserable back then

A lot of my guy friends are really rude and insensitive most of the time but they make up for it by being funny af. Hate how we can never have a serious conversation tho. Unless it's about THEIR problems >:c

Last edited:
why the **** would I want a crapass friend?

- - - Post Merge - - -

why the **** would I keep a crapass friend?

You would be surprised how many people actually keep toxic people in their life. I do it a lot. It feels good to have someone pay attention to you, even if the attention is negative. At least when you are being hurt, people are paying attention to you. When you are being ignored, you are all alone.

Back