• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Finally!

Stefisgarden

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I have FINALLY managed to get a blue rose, after months of trying(and a year long hiatus)! When I saw that beautiful, beautiful blue among my roses this morning, I got so excited I thought I was gonna cry from joy. XD So happy~ Now I just need to produce a second! XD

Update: I have grown a second one! ♥

Last edited:
Congrats!! I'm trying to get one as well. What was your setup? :)

Aw congrats on the blue rose! I'm not planning to attempt to make any myself, but I appreciate the fact that you've attempted to make one and done it succesfully too. I can see what a huge achievement that is since they're so hard to make.

Congrats!! I'm trying to get one as well. What was your setup? :)

I'm doing it down on the beach, so my villagers don't plant their own flowers down there.

R = Hybrid Red Rose
O= Orange Rose
J = Jacob's Ladder
F = Fertilizer
X = Empty space

O X O
J R J
R F R
J R J
R X R
X O X

I found the blue rose between three reds and an orange, if that helps. I also now have the blue right beside a red and orange, hoping that it helps produce a second blue!

A pic to help.
HNI_0087.JPG

- - - Post Merge - - -

Aw congrats on the blue rose! I'm not planning to attempt to make any myself, but I appreciate the fact that you've attempted to make one and done it succesfully too. I can see what a huge achievement that is since they're so hard to make.

Thanks~ Yeah, they're difficult. XD I can't tell you how many times I almost said "screw it" and bought some from a player on here.

Last edited:
Yay! I didn't do online trade until a short while. It took 2 days for my first and months for my second.

I'm doing it down on the beach, so my villagers don't plant their own flowers down there.

R = Hybrid Red Rose
O= Orange Rose
J = Jacob's Ladder
F = Fertilizer
X = Empty space

O X O
J R J
R F R
J R J
R X R
X O X

I found the blue rose between three reds and an orange, if that helps. I also now have the blue right beside a red and orange, hoping that it helps produce a second blue!

A pic to help.
View attachment 209297

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thanks~ Yeah, they're difficult. XD I can't tell you how many times I almost said "screw it" and bought some from a player on here.

Thank you!!! That helps! Is the jacob's ladder important? I've never seen anyone use those!

Thank you!!! That helps! Is the jacob's ladder important? I've never seen anyone use those!

I read somewhere that it helps the rate of hybrid flowers growing. I figured it wouldn't hurt at least, so thought why not? I don't know if it helped, but I do know that a couple days after adding them I got the blue rose. But might also be a coincidence.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yay! I didn't do online trade until a short while. It took 2 days for my first and months for my second.

I'm hoping it doesn't take too long for a second... XD

Congrats! If you need a second, I'd be happy to give you one. Just shoot me a pm if you want. :)

Oh congrats!!! Good on you for keeping at it - it's so rewarding to have bred it yourself!
If you ever need any more blue roses, I'd also be happy to give you some :)

Congrats!! It's so rewarding to be able to grow one on your own instead of buying one, I still have the first blue rose I ever grew in my house. :) good luck growing more!!

Congrats!

I've never had one either...I tend to just like tulips in my towns. I try to keep all the flowers...but ultimately I end up tossing out all but the tulips. xD

I think it's because of my memories of a Tulip Festival my grandmother took me to in Iowa when I was little. :)

Finally, someone who actually puts some effort into breeding blue roses. Keep it up!

I'm not being sarcastic, by the way.

I bred my first blue roses from separate breeding pairs.

Last edited:
Congrats! I heard how hard it is to breed them! I think I might try it, too one day!

Nice going..I know how hard it is to grow those things.I was lucky enough to be given a couple in exchange for a villager(coincidentally,the villager was Jeremiah the blue frog)without even expecting to be given anything in return.I didn't know how rare blue roses were at the time.

Well congrats! I did that method and it worked. I got a dozen of blue flowers in my beach rn. :33

Well done! :D They can be so hard to get sometimes :) But you're right, they are such a beautiful colour :D

Back