Father's Day Carnation
Mother's Day Carnation
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Tasty Cake
Peach (Fruit)
Cherry (Fruit)
Cake
Red Candy
I was wondering if anyone has any tips for making a forest town.. well look like a forest? I've tried several times to make a forest town, and it always ends up looking organised and neat. Thanks in advance!

make the paths clovers, and make it very open so you arent forced to go on a singular . path to one location. Thats basically what I did

Yeah, get loooots of cedars. (Keep in mind they only grow in the north section of town.) In my forest town, I threw random fruit baskets and junk in my patches of flowers to make it look more cluttered/realistic. Perfect apples look really good in forest towns too.

i'm also trying to make a foresty town. this is what i'm doing

cedar trees and holly/sweet olive bushes.
occasional mushrooms
like the others said, not always a direct path
clovers :D
flowers randomly placed. you also want flowers to match the vibe you wanna give. like i'm gonna try to use only black/white flowers, with some red, dark purple, or blue. not as much yellow, pink, or lighter colors.
PWPs that match the vibe as well! you don't want like a stadium light or boot statue in a forest town lol... i use stuff like the metal bench, moai statue, stone tablet, things like that.

Well you can start off with an organized and neat town with "main paths" but areas that you notice look kinda "scenic" you can start to built 1-square path diversions towards those areas. Make those 1-square paths windy (not just straight) and use trees and bushes to start filling in areas to make it look more "natural". One tip I found really useful when making little winding paths is never to put full grown trees next to it because you won't be able to see where you're going because of the linear camera angles. Start off by putting a bush or a cut-down bamboo and as you go in, throw in some random trees, but never right up against the path. Instead of using trees right next to your paths, use bushes or flowers. Like others have mentioned, use clovers as paths. You can start off by using a nice cobble stone QR path but once you have established all your areas I recommend kicking some away to reveal dirt paths because they work very nicely in a forest town.

With these kinda towns there's two ways you can start it: (1) plan your villagers and main path first then build off those paths, or (2) let your villagers plot randomly (but block off areas you know you don't want them near - like the town hall, your house, retail, etc.) and then build random winding paths around them. I think the 2nd option is more natural and less stressful :p

Last edited:
Well you can start off with an organized and neat town with "main paths" but areas that you notice look kinda "scenic" you can start to built 1-square path diversions towards those areas. Make those 1-square paths windy (not just straight) and use trees and bushes to start filling in areas to make it look more "natural". One tip I found really useful when making little winding paths is never to put full grown trees next to it because you won't be able to see where you're going because of the linear camera angles. Start off by putting a bush or a cut-down bamboo and as you go in, throw in some random trees, but never right up against the path. Instead of using trees right next to your paths, use bushes or flowers. Like others have mentioned, use clovers as paths. You can start off by using a nice cobble stone QR path but once you have established all your areas I recommend kicking some away to reveal dirt paths because they work very nicely in a forest town.

With these kinda towns there's two ways you can start it: (1) plan your villagers and main path first then build off those paths, or (2) let your villagers plot randomly (but block off areas you know you don't want them near - like the town hall, your house, retail, etc.) and then build random winding paths around them. I think the 2nd option is more natural and less stressful :p

I found this extremely helpful, thank you so much!

Also, thank you to everyone who's replied so far. I appreciate it!

I'm doing similarly, but mine will still be somewhat organized...I plan to make path barriers with bushes and trees...but that's mostly to keep my kids from wrecking the place when they visit. xD

Honestly, for making a more "natural" forest, though...like others have said..scatter trees and flowers...maybe add the odd sitting stump here and there? Put a picnic blanket in one of the more tree covered areas, also having your campsite surrounded by trees could be nice also?

Back