• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The (un)Official Horror movie discussion and appreciation thread!

Bcat

👻Spoopy all season long👻
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Candy Corn Halloweaster Egg
It's that spooky time of year again and with it comes great reason to enjoy one of my favorite things: Horror movies!

Tell me about your favorite moves and why. Tell me about what scares you most, what you love the most. Just...Talk scary to me.

Last horror movie I watched was the brand new Cult of Chucky and it was everything I had expected and more. Aboslutely brilliant.

I saw IT recently, last movie I've seen, I really enjoyed it for what it was. I was not comparing it to the made for TV Tim Curry one, or the book, so I really liked it. I thought they did a great job, but like all other horror movies these days it didn't really scare me.

The movies that scared me more than any other and made me super anxious were Scream (1996), Elm St (the original), and Halloween (the original).

My favourite movie of all-time is a horror movie, too: Psycho (1960). It doesn't scare me, but the first time I watched it the ending got me good lol. I didn't expect it. The book was a good psychological thriller, too.

silence of the lambs could be considered horror, and it also happens to be one of my favourite films of all time.
also a big fan of the sixth sense (if that counts), halloween, scream, the shining, the nightmare on elm street, the blair witch project, etc

silence of the lambs could be considered horror, and it also happens to be one of my favourite films of all time.
also a big fan of the sixth sense (if that counts), halloween, scream, the shining, the nightmare on elm street, the blair witch project, etc

You have amazing movie taste.

My favourite movie of all-time is a horror movie, too: Psycho (1960). It doesn't scare me, but the first time I watched it the ending got me good lol. I didn't expect it. The book was a good psychological thriller, too.

I love psycho too! Even though it's not particularly 'scary' by today's standards it's still plenty shocking and a revolutionary classic. It's one of my fave movies ever and a halloween staple. I love Hitchcock!

I saw IT recently, last movie I've seen, I really enjoyed it for what it was. I was not comparing it to the made for TV Tim Curry one, or the book, so I really liked it. I thought they did a great job, but like all other horror movies these days it didn't really scare me.

uuuggghhh I want to see this but I'll have to wait until it's out of theaters

I love psycho too! Even though it's not particularly 'scary' by today's standards it's still plenty shocking and a revolutionary classic. It's one of my fave movies ever and a halloween staple. I love Hitchcock!

big fan of psycho too, hitchcock is awesome. huge fan of 'rear window'.

I LOVE the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise. I watched Dream Warriors (the third one) as a kid and I couldn't sleep for months after that experience. Robert Englund was awesome as Krueger. I own all the original films, the reboot and Freddy vs Jason. The Saw franchise comes in second. To be in those life-or-death situations really is terrifying to me. Underworld comes in third. I'm fascinated by werewolves and vampires.

I even watch horror movies during the Christmas season. Black Christmas and Santa's Slay, to be precise.

Alright, so I saw the new IT recently and I enjoyed this one a lot more than the original. I just feel like it was executed better and had the budget and effects to actually display the horror and emotional scenes a lot better. They also didn't try to merge the second chapter into one single movie, which I thought was nice since I prefer the two to be addressed separately in film.

big fan of psycho too, hitchcock is awesome. huge fan of 'rear window'.

I love rear window too! It's my other favorite Hitchcock movie and I hope I get the chance to watch it this October. ��

I think the moveis that had the biggest effect on me as I watched them were Audition by Takashi miike, i was coated in sweat during the final part. also the original Pulse i looked away on one part and it wasnt even a gory scene. i think Aliens had me most edge of my seat altho i guess technically was that horror, or sci-fi? certainly felt like a horror movie, whole thing is monsters

Back