How damaged is your 3DS?

My first one which was just a normal blue 3DS works, but the buttons can be a little bit wonky sometimes. I got a 2DS which also works but the buttons stick a lot due to my dad spilling his beer on it one day. I got the Pokemon 20th anniversary New 3DS which I didn't have that long until my dumb self spilled iced tea on it and the d-pad broke, so I tried replacing it and ending up breaking it in the process so now it doesn't have a working d-pad and it doesn't read the SD card anymore. Finally, this past Christmas I got the galaxy New 3DS XL and I love it and treat it like it's my child, because I cannot afford to break another one.

My new 3ds XL hyrulian crest gold edition is mint condition unboxed and used regularly.

My current 3ds has one little scratch on the screen and a little pait coming off near the streetpass blinker. My other 3ds is in mint condition.

They're mostly mint condition. My Aqua blue OG 3DS, which is probably the oldest unit I have (got it 2011 and unboxed) could still pass as brand new. Last time I bought one was when the Pikachu New 2DS XL was released so yeah, it's still new.

My original 3DS XL (from 2013): First, the rubber started coming off of the circle pad, then the circle pad cracked and eventually broke off completely. I had to superglue a replacement on. Then the whole system came unhinged. I had to replace it in 2015.

New 3DS XL (from 2015): The rubber from the circle pad has again worn away, almost completely. Fortunately, the plastic underneath is still intact and I can still use it. The top of the system has some scratches, but the system is still in working order.

This is one of the reasons I prefer home consoles over portables. If the controls break, you can just replace the controller without having to buy a whole new system. And of course, home systems can be left at home without missing out on features (StreetPass, anyone?), so they take much less wear and tear.

My first 3DS, my brother kind of stole it from me and wrecked it; The 3D slider didn't work anymore and buttons were getting dodgy, yaknow. So I try to fix it but (oof) instead end up giving up and ripping apart the DS to see whats inside (note at this point it was already unusable because of the slider problem we couldn't configure the DS after he reset it.)
My second 3DS (my current one) is in pretty good condition really. It had some scratches on the top but the actual screen is fine, the buttons arn't funny and the game slot isn't going haywire. however there's one big annoying problem - It keeps freezing every few minutes. A DS with no hacks, no nothing which just stops working?? lol hey, at least this time I didn't break it.
Anyways, we sent it to shops and stuff and all of them told us to just take it back with our warranty because it was second hand, but my Ma is probably just going to get me a new one when she can afford it. But honestly after this ordeal, I'm happy to say that my 3DS is in a mess (understatement)

Ugh my first 3ds touchscreen won’t work at all and it makes it awkward visiting people but my second 3ds is definitely mint condition and works so nicely

I still have my first 3DS. I could definitely clean the screens at some point, and I used to have stickers on them, so the coloring is uneven in places. Oh, and I lost the original stylus. I played with it too much apparently (I like to pull it in and out of the slot thing) so it fell out and got lost in the void.

I've had it for years but the only thing that has happened is the washi tape I added has started peeling. I guess I just don't take mine out of the house often

Unfortunately, my blue 3ds that I bought at release when there were only 2 colors- black and blue- is completely unusable. The 3d slider broke, and it's permanently stuck on 2d mode. One day, I decided to factory reset it, which was really stupid on my behalf. When you start up a new 3ds for the first time after being reset, you have to go through calibration tests to make sure all of the features work. Since my 3ds's slider broke, it couldn't pass the 3d test, and I'm basically locked out of it. After that, I bought a really cheap refurbished red 2ds at gamestop because my family didn't have a lot of money at that time.
However, my sister let me have her black 3ds she got at release. Somehow, my younger brother and sister both have new ntdo 2ds's, but I guess it's fair that I don't have a new one since my mom buys other stuff for me. I use the black 3ds now regularly, and it still works amazing. There's not any major problems or breakages, but the black finish is scuffing off on a lot of edges.

I've had my 3DS since it's release in 2011, so it's been battered and beaten through the years of playing but it's still in perfectly good use to this day. My only complaint about the damn console is its ridiculously small screen and tacky paint job.

3ds cosmos black, very good condition however the circle pad rubber has now come off and the circle pad is just plastic now
New 3ds XL main console is mint condition
3ds aqua blue backup console, also very good condition

My 3DS is untouched, honestly.

I bought it recently (several months ago now) to replace my old, tiny 3DS. It's a New 3DS XL, and galaxy style. Love it to pieces ❤

Just to show you guys what happened a few days ago :/

I just opened it up as normal, but it felt really odd next thing I knew this happened.

View attachment 209216

View attachment 209217

OH MY GOODNESS do you take care of your 3DS at all?!

- - - Post Merge - - -

My 3ds thumb stick rubber is a little rip and the very bottom of my 3ds on the right has a little scratch and that's it nothing else.

Last edited:
Mine is cracked on the side. I may be an adult, but I bring that thing EVERYWHERE WITH ME! My 4 yr old cousin tried to tackle me and knocked it out of my hands. I was so pissed...XD

Back