• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How damaged is your 3DS?

Not very, but I've had it for like 4 years and it has thousands of hours on it by this point so it's showing wear regardless. :{ The L button doesn't work very well anymore and the volume slider is pretty much totaled (no idea how that happened either, like of all things to stop working why the volume slider). The touchscreen isn't scratched but it has those annoying permanent marks on it in places from too much stylus use. There's no cosmetic damage outside of a little crack near the R button which I only noticed recently and now it drives me crazy.

the edges are slightly chipped from dropping and my screen has a few small scratches but thats about it. i've had it since they were released when i was really young. it was my first piece of snazzy technology so i cherished it hehe

My 3DS XL's hinge is broken. It's still workable though. The downside is that I can't take outside and games like Smash Bros. can barely be playable due to that hinge. That hinge also made the problem of the 3ds having to be in a certain position to be played so it won't power off itself by the hinge. I should have cared for my 3DS more.

My 3DS XL has gone through repairs 3 times now. It's pretty old and would expect it to break again soon. It also has some scoffs and scratches. :/

Mine isn't too bad. It has some small scratches on the touch screen that aren't very visible (thanks, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy!), but that's pretty much it.

inner hinge has some scratches on it, the back is scratched super bad obviously bc its on tables a lot & theres tiny scratches on the top screen which are not very noticeable

I luckily only have one scratch on the back. ive had it since it came out.

My 3DS is in near-perfect condition. I don't let any of my younger siblings touch it or get it dirty. It's kinda my prized possession since all the other DS consoles my family owns are falling apart.

i have a 3ds xl and the hinges are a little wobbly and theres quite a few scratches on the back but it still works fine and is by baby :)

I thought I'd update you guys about my 3ds, well a week ago i got a replacement, buts here's what my old 3ds looks like. Its totally functional, but I have a feeling I can't trade it in CEX :D

IMG_0331.jpg

Last edited:
Mine is in pretty good condition! It might have a tiny bit of dirt, but it's overall pretty pristine. I never take it out of the house though, I'm too protective of it, so that may be the primary reason I've actually managed to keep it in such good shape. I've had it probably since around late 2015?

Hehe, I guess it depends which one you mean :^)

My first one (3DS XL Blue) had a small scratch on the bottom screen, rest was fine. (Sold it to get another Version)

Second one (3DS XL Zelda Edition) never had anything. (Sold it once again, to get another color..)

Third one (3DS XL White) lost the color on the bottom somehow.. (was liking the shape of the "New 3DS XL" more, so sold it)

Fourth one (New 3DS XL Blue) fell from my bed into the waterbowl of my guinea pigs, was working
fine after though.. then it lost the color on the sides for whatever reason, started to turn itself off
sometimes for no reason, I fixed that though. Then I wanted to change the housing of it, since
everytime I touched it, some color came off and it was stuck on my hands.
Oh well, stupid china stuff had a sharp edge that was barely visible and it cutted straight through
the cable of the camera and the upper screen.. now it (kinda obviously) doesn't turn on anymore.

My 5th and (for now) final one (New 2DS XL Blue / Black) is pretty fine for now.. hopefully it won't
change soon.. x)

My N3DS is still in pretty good condition. When I don't use it, it goes into a carrying case. It's the galaxy N3DS and I love this thing to bits.

mine is pretty broke. the camera doesn't work (either side), if you turn on the 3d the screen goes all black, the nunchuck thing (twiddly knob) came off a few weeks ago, the bottom screen has a black line on it, the home button doesn't work and the back panel came off on the top.

My blue new 3DS xl is in pretty good condition. It does have a tiny scratch on the lower screen and the paint on the bottom half of the console is chipping a bit but those are the only scuffs so far.

Luckily, no buttons broken yet. The worst thing is that the paint is peeling off, but it's not that intrusive.

My 2DS touch screen has a small crack on it.
I play Tomodachi Life a lot....

There's a small crack (let's hope it stays that way) on the right hinge. Other than that I'd say it's in pretty good condition.

Mine has lost a screw on the back but luckily everything is in pretty good condition because it has a screen protector haha

Back