• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Smash Bros Taunt Parties?

-Blue-

Cherry 🍒
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Banana
Durian
Perfect Pear
Lychee
Perfect Orange
Coconut
Perfect Apple
Persimmon
Mango
Perfect Peach
So as the topic title states, I am aware of these and what they are. And how they are normally only on the free for all section of for fun. I've ran across a bit on for glory recently, which is kind of annoying. I mostly play team battles, because I find the effort on both sides to be a fun aspect of the mode. However, sometimes I move to free for all, to change things up. Also because recently it's been taking a lot longer to find full team battle games and for free for all you don't need a full group to start. I personally don't enjoy 1 vs 1 that much, so I don't do it that often. It's to be expected that the numbers would had dropped as it's close to its third year.

Anyway, on free for all, it's a bit of a crapshoot when it's going to be a taunt party or a group that wants to actually fight. When I join, I make sure that if its a party or not, before I start fighting. I respect their choice of playing the game and don't mess with them. Then I leave and hopefully find another match where people want to fight.

However, I've been noticing that recently, when it's established that the game I joined is a taunt party, that these taunters 3 vs 1 me. Or it's one 'taunter' who deliberately targets me and ignores everyone else. Then the others stay away or somewhere in the corner and take turns with potshots. And then they continue this trend, even though I never once attacked or provoked any of them. Then they'll continously taunt and namecall me after the fight. Not just one random instance, but several.

This has been happening a lot lately, to the point where I don't even want to bother with smash online because all the modes are just dying out. Is anyone here a taunt partier? Why do you do this or feel the need to? I don't get why you would harrass someone who was respecting your choice of gameplay and not attacking you. I get that you three vs one someone who is trying to crash your game, but I don't do that. So why?

If anything, this paints an uglier picture on your taunting community, as more people will see it as a poisonous part of the entire community.

Back