Is your town "cursed" with anything?

SpookySweet

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Tasty Cake
My town, for example, seems to be cursed with creepy villagers with facial hair! I started off with Gaston, Beardo moved in last week or the week before, and now (worst of all), Limberg is moving in tomorrow! What are the chances?!

What unusual (unfortunate) coincidences happen in your town?

It never fails that every new town I start, Benedict is a starting villager. I have never had a New Leaf town where he wasn't there.

In all three of my towns, there was a jock villager that was always nice to me and never moved away. I got rid of the one that was in my current town, though.

Mouse villagers. First anicotti, then Greta, then Samson.

I had Anicotti in my previous town before I reset, and I thought she was ugly, but she grew on me and I miss her :(

And I have Samson right now, I love that guy. I just don't want another jock villager because that will drive me nuts.

Hey, I see you're new to BTF, SpookySweet! Welcome, and I hope you enjoy hanging with our community! ❤

Well....in my town Vista (sometimes), as soon as my character comes out her door one of my villagers would be near her house already or just run by it (like Marshal did once...).
My Mayor character lives alone on the upper right side of town and the only villager who is nearby is Static!

I will never forget that day when I just logged on the game and Francine was near my house already and pinged at me.. scaring the crap out of me!

Oh my town is cursed alright, cursed with awesomeness. No in all seriousness. I don't think it's really cursed with anything. And now I probably jinxed it.

gyroids on premium when it hasn't rained in weeks.

Wait. Gyroids spawn when it rains?
But, Ive never have a rainy day and all these random gyroids keep spawning in...
ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED?

But, I've never have a rainy day and all these random gyroids keep spawning in...
ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED?

Maybe it rains at night? But yesm gyroids spawn the day after it rains.
I usually tt a day to avoid them.

But, Ive never have a rainy day and all these random gyroids keep spawning in...
ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED?

Gyroids spawn the day after it rains. So even if you’re not playing on a rainy day, you could play the day after and the gyroids will be spawned.

Honestly, probably just weeds and my villager's reluctance to give me mayoral approval because I've been plot resetting Piper for the past month. My town is fairly new, so it also looks really barren so I guess you could say that's a curse too.

i'm cursed with squirrel villagers. in the last month I've had callie, ricky, static, mint, and peanut.

There was the green bath mat that got passed all around Ruddyoak. I think it began with Tabby, and ended with Tabby; she has it in her house again.

I think the only curse I have is hidden pitfalls. Like they're always in a narrow place that I walk often, and I ALWAYS fall in them.

Oh boy, I can name several.
- Stinky. Somehow he has appeared in every single town I have stuck with, starting villager or moving in days later. Perhaps he knows I like cat villagers.
- Rocks. I'll make a path, and low and beyond a permanent rock is in the way.
- Pitfalls. I'll falling into them while not paying attention.

ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED?
Gyroids spawn the day after it rains. So even if you’re not playing on a rainy day, you could play the day after and the gyroids will be spawned.
Adding to this, snow fall counts as well.

Last edited:
It never fails that every new town I start, Benedict is a starting villager. I have never had a New Leaf town where he wasn't there.

I had never had Benedict before, never even seen him, and he was a starter in my town this time!

That's weird, though. I've NEVER had repeat starters!

I had never had Benedict before, never even seen him, and he was a starter in my town this time!

That's weird, though. I've NEVER had repeat starters!

I've had Buck as a repeat starter! But I rarely get repeat villagers in general moving in, unless I purposefully invite them in. I liked Buck in my first town, he was to be a permanent villager but I reset because I wasn't happy with the layout. I didn't want to keep him in my 2nd town because he was in the middle of a perfect pathway. U_U

My curse would be.. when Buck FINALLY moved out (I didn't even time travel in that town, so waiting was painful), I picked up a voided villager the very next day when he moved out. She wasn't a better villager than Buck either, which is why I was sorta bummed. She plotted in the same spot he was because everywhere else in town was covered up U_U

I'm also cursed with occasionally digging up clovers or flowers because my aim SUCKS or idk, maybe I wasn't looking. It's my fault but it's still sad.

Back