• Our Earth Week 2024 mini-event is scheduled to begin tonight featuring hybrid flower breeding and more -- stay tuned!

I'm setting a goal for myself

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
With the vow I made I know this is not going to be easy. Okay it's October 7th 2017. My house currently only has 4 rooms: My main room, upper story, back room and basement. 3 of those 4 rooms are 4X4 and I owe 428,000 bells and I only have 20,037 bells as I write this.
My goal is by the end of this month to have all the rooms in my house and all of them expanded to at least 6x6 which is the second size after 4x4 AND have at least 5 million bells in my bank.

You think I can do it? And since I don't do anything but sit around playing games and watching anime all day anyways, this goal isn't going as hard as it looks. The only obstacles I know I will face is my impatience (because beetles take forever to spawn) and my laziness (because sometimes I'm too darn lazy to go to the island)

I just made this yet another random post because I hope you will cheer me on as I attempt yet another goal. My other goal is technically a vow.

Last edited:
Aren't you the same person not buying anything from the forums anymore?
That is going to be hard, UNLESS you sell perfect fruits.
What's your native? I have 3 towns, so I get fruit premiums every so often.

Indeed I am that person. :)

Yeah, this is going to be hard. I might not reach this goal but I'm indeed going to try. My native fruit is peach. I planted a few perfect peach trees in my town. I'm waiting until they spawn more fruit hold on to a few and sell a few. Rudy just asked me for a perfect peach and I'm not giving one to him. I'm not going to give him something worth a lot of money, just for him to give me a tee shirt in exchange. No.

Last edited:
Aren't you the same person not buying anything from the forums anymore?

Was wondering this as well. XD Because you have a lot of tbt to easily buy IGB.

:] Turnip selling if you get lucky with a high price town can easily get you there unless if you aren't doing that either.

In any case, good luck!

Yeah, I have a lot of TBT bells and yeah I can buy money but unfortunately the one time I did buy IGB for TBT, the game stopped being fun to me because I was able to pay off everything right away with bells I didn't even earn myself.

The problem with turnips is I never know how many I should buy. I usually only buy 10 but it then only having 10 doesn't really turn a good profit, no matter how much Reese is buying them for. So I end up spending about 105 bells a piece on turnips then the selling price doesn't get any higher than 90 bells.

Last edited:
Shouldn't be hard with island trips. I tend to make 400k per thirty minutes, and I'm sure you prob need maybe... 4 million? so if you fill your island box once a night and make 400k each night, you'll only need 10 days

Shouldn't be hard with island trips. I tend to make 400k per thirty minutes, and I'm sure you prob need maybe... 4 million? so if you fill your island box once a night and make 400k each night, you'll only need 10 days

Wishing you luck, and cheering you on, Happy! I believe in you, you've got this! ❤

@Warrior: Yeah, I had at one point earned 400k but then promptly spent it all on something I forgot. But then again, it's not the earning bells that's going to be the challenge, the challenge would be overcoming my impatience and laziness in order to complete this goal.

@Allure: Thank you for your encouragement. :)

I think it's definitely doable! Selling turnips would definitely help, though, and if you're a frequent player it shouldn't be too hard to fetch a good price. Wishing you luck!

Your goal is perfectly doable! I did the same thing early for my recent town: Everything done without external bells. Only I paid off my entire house in under 3 weeks in. Probably as fast as I could do so!

Watch out, though: Once you get the Emporium, it is bell grinding once more. ;)

Wishing you luck and believe you can do this.

For turnips don't buy over 97 bells. I usually buy when Joan sells for 90 to 95 bells. Try the message boards for towns with high selling turnip prices at retail. Some players have their town set on a high price turnip day when it's Sunday. I only do the buy and sell when one of my towns has turnips in the high 500 to 650 now. It's not worth all the walking back and forth to retail.

I did the bug grind early in the game but just do it for fun now. Early on I did two trips each day but did them at different times. Evening and than early morning. 1st trip was used for the loan and the last was for saving/spending.

Thank you everyone. I'll keep you guys updated. And here's a picture of the first bug that is kicking off my 'Have 5 Million and All Rooms at 6x6 House Expansion" Goal. Yeah, name needs works.

22308535_356995171409427_1799163024151932457_n.jpg

Just realized something. I can also trade my Meow Coupons in for Bells. I mean it's only 3,000 bells per coupon but it's 3,000 bells more than I had before and I'm not using them for anything.

You coulddd use it for visually appealing unorderables :rolleyes:

What are you going to do with your bells then? Will you give it away?
(This is not a hint of my greediness)

I'm keeping my bells. Well except using them to pay off loans and PWP but I'm going planning on being a millionaire by the end of this month lol

Lol no I'm not going to give them away. They are actually pretty useful when I want to buy a villager.

Well 4 trips to the island and I am now a bellionaire. I have 1,422,000 bells in my savings. I am not spending that. The bells I am going to get tomorrow on my next island trip is going to go towards my house loan and maybe starting a new PwP.

Last edited:
Yeah, it'd be a good idea to do a bunch of perfect trees, and try to go to the island more often. Or else it's going to take you way longer than you plan for. Beetles are such a good way to make a bunch of money!

Back