Anyone else obsess over matching mayor and town names?

HopeForHyrule

Bunny Fanatic
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
2496-6703-5894
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
I didn't used to care much, but I'm planning to start a new town and didn't have a clue what I was going to pick. But then I remembered I named my one WoW alt Oniyuri (Japanese for tiger lily), and I wanted something to kinda match the mayor name. I stumble upon Hanami ("flower viewing") completely by accident, and it seemed PERFECT.

So who else goes crazy for matching names? I can't be the only one, lol.

I like it when the character and town name aren't too far apart, either in county of origin or just sound (if they're completely made up). I would go crazy if I named my town something like Hanami (to use your example) but my mayor was Gordon haha. I don't mind it when other people do it as everyone's free to choose, but I like the aesthetic of having (somewhat) matching names!
Luckily Oliver is a very neutral name and used in lots of languages so it fits pretty well for my town.

my town name and mayors name are both welsh
but the welsh form of delight seems very french: Nileit
mayor Bryn: meaning hill cause dats my surname

I like them to kind of go together. One of my towns is Pinely, and the mayor is Fern, and they both sound foresty to me so i guess it works. ^^

I recently noticed that I picked names that started with L. I did it for the my town too, but never noticed.

My Town names somewhat match the mayor names??? hmm. I recently started a new town called Misty and the mayor is named Drip, so I guess that qualifies as matching

My mayor's name is Raven which is a type of bird and my town's name is Ossipri which i'm sure is not even a real word. So no my mayor's name and town name doesn't match I don't think.

I like it when the character and town name aren't too far apart, either in county of origin or just sound (if they're completely made up). I would go crazy if I named my town something like Hanami (to use your example) but my mayor was Gordon haha. I don't mind it when other people do it as everyone's free to choose, but I like the aesthetic of having (somewhat) matching names!
Luckily Oliver is a very neutral name and used in lots of languages so it fits pretty well for my town.

Haha yes, I feel this way too. My main town has an english name and it's quite random (tinytree), and the mayor's name is just my own.. nothing too special. However, my second town has a khmer word as a town name, so I made the mayor's name khmer as well.

I have more than one town, so I actually like when the different kinds of names match each other across towns. For example, my first two mayors are November and August, and the towns are Feldspar and Flint. I chose Flint/Feldspar because they both start with F, and those words are both a color and a mineral.

I'm currently working on my 3rd town (Mayor Polaris of Harbor), and I have plans for a 4th (Mayor Pollux of Meteor). They both get star names, and the towns are each 6 letters long with a similar sound.

Not at all haha. My current town is named Mochi and my mayor named Rebecca. But regardless of theme my mayor is always going to be called Rebecca, since that's my name. I still wouldn't choose to use another name to match it either, since it feels much more personal when I use my own. Can't say it goes with everything though.

No, I just use my real first name and pick a town name I like that goes with the theme. I once had a town called Shanghai, my mayors name was Landon (my real name) and other characters named Mia and Seong, so nothing matched at all.

I have Gail of Cascades, which is somewhat boring and mediocre, Heidi of Redbow, which my mom thinks sounds like an old children's reader, and Dinah of Chapman which sounds like a frontier/old west type thing, which is what I was going for.
So, yeah, I themed my towns a little.

nope! this is my first town and i've just been more concerned with making the villager myself and the town whatever i like. though if i start a new town at any point i'm sure i would be obsessively trying to match things up lol

For Astoria I just used my standard gaming tag for the Mayor's name, "Doodle". I think it's cute enough. xD

But for my second town I really want them to match. It's going to be a spooky town so the name is Darkfall and the Mayor is Fade.

Yea but I was an accident. I was not thinking about what I was doing or why. I was just happy to get the game (was on my 3ds wishlisst)
Sooooooo
Mayor Awesome
Town Awesome

and you guessed it
When I got my NEW *shiny* 3dsxl my nickname
AWESOME

they use that word alot and I have to go back to the color system
White they are just saying *word*
Pink town
Green me
Everything here kind of looks alikke, talk the same, and walk the same beat

Back