Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
With all the towns I've had, and how many villagers have come to my house I've never had a villagers comment on the direction of my furniture.

I know for sure I've had things turned towards walls before, because sometimes I like using stuff not as they're meant, like I've used the big two piece chalk board backwards as a "movie screen" and stuff like that, but I have a tiny little table/shelf backwards in my kitchen and my villagers are so fixated on it!

The past three villagers I had over commented on it, and then sent it in the letters the next day!

Had this ever happened to you? I've had them talk about certain furniture items, but never about the direction they were!

Yep, I have. Not as common as some of the other dialogue but quite a few times.

I always get this sort of thing:

22195543_10209628947017156_5519425622932059089_n.jpg
22196512_10209628957657422_4243744135500040747_n.jpg

I try hard to make sure my furniture is the 'right' way round, I think it effects HHA scores.
But if not worried about that (or got them), use as you want.

The wall that got me was the wall that you look into the room from - its obviously transparent, & I made the mistake of placing Lucky cats facing towards me, hence in reality facing the transparent wall. Got similar dialog as said here, but that was acww days.

Yes, Portia would always notice if a dresser was back to front. Accused me of trying to hide things!

I've never had that happen to me :p
all of the little dialogues from different villagers, even about the littlest things like this, are so cute!

I try hard to make sure my furniture is the 'right' way round, I think it effects HHA scores.

The wall that got me was the wall that you look into the room from - its obviously transparent, & I made the mistake of placing Lucky cats facing towards me, hence in reality facing the transparent wall. Got similar dialog as said here, but that was acww days.

I've done that in the past too. It's not like everyone turns the angle so it's hard to put things there to see. The furniture I have is a small green pantry I think, cause I use it as like a side table and I don't like seeing the stuff inside it.

I've never heard it. Mostly because in all of the towns I have ever had, I've never been a house decorator. So they just comment on how empty my room is or how much they like the song playing in the room. Like that's all I get lol.

Yes, this. I have found that these comments, and I used to get them a lot when I first started playing, are usually the "game" trying to tell you that something is facing the wrong way, or is inaccessible. I don't care about the HHA scores anymore, but if you do, items that are usable, such as dressers, etc, need to be able to be accessed by the player. I'm pretty sure this even applies to items that "do" things, like the lucky cats meow, or any item that has any kind of action or sound. Possibly even chairs need to be able to be sat on by the player, able to lay on beds, etc. Again, if you care about HHA, even think about things like a candle on top of a dresser. Can't light the candle, or blow it out, on a dresser because if you press A the drawers will open. Not sure how far this goes, actually, but if a villager is commenting, there is probably something askew.

PS You can access the candle, or other item, from the side of the dresser, though! Understand? ;)

never had that happen to me. only when i'm looking at hhd tips does anyone ever comment on that lol.

They've never commented on the direction of my furniture, but they've complained way too much about the lack of stuff on the walls :p

I have had this happen when I have furniture placed backward as well. A bit annoying since they decorate their homes like crazy people.

Back