A dog actually followed me home this morning!

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
It was the most random thing ever. It was an English Bulldog. I was just out walking as I do most mornings and the dog just ran up and started following me. I guess he felt safe with me. Luckily he had a tag or else we wouldn't have know who he belonged to.

This is the first time this had ever happened so I was lost as to what I should do. I knew I had to call the owner but I still so thrown off. I've heard how people are like 'the dog followed me home. Can we keep him?" but never knew it could actually happen!!!

I wanted to keep him but unfortunately he already had an owner. :(

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

This happened to me when I was on holiday in the Greek Island of Kos where there are a lot of stray dogs. I wanted to rescue them but they took of after a while after following me back to the hotel.

Yeah, it's hard to keep stray dogs around, they are strays. They stray.

Bulldogs are so adorable. The way they grunt and all. My brother in law wants one of those breeds sometime in the future.

Yep I had a golden retriever follow me and a group of my friends home. He was super adorable and we fed him some treats. It was very tempting to keep him, but we put up flyers looking for his owners. Eventually his owners contacted us shortly after and took him home :')))

Omg that's adorable and really fitting for your username! I've had stray dogs and cats follow me before but unfortunately I'm allergic and my housing doesn't allow pets. I think they can sense when people have good intentions.

we have had random cats running into our house when we have opened doors and cats who follow u arubd for a few blocks but i have never had it happen with a dog. people generally have an eye on their dogs when theyre outside and there aren't any strays around here so meeting dogs with no owner in sight is pretty rare

we have had random cats running into our house when we have opened doors and cats who follow u arubd for a few blocks but i have never had it happen with a dog. people generally have an eye on their dogs when theyre outside and there aren't any strays around here so meeting dogs with no owner in sight is pretty rare

Pretty much. ^

English bulldogs are so cute though, my uncle used to have two of them (they are dead since some years back now though) and dang man sounds cute.

Aww, that's really sweet.

When I was little, I used to walk to my elementary school. There was a neighbor that would let his dog just hang out in the front yard. The dog would meet me everyday and follow me to the end of the street before I had to cross to the next one. Then he would turn around and head back to the house. :)

I remember when I was maybe 8 a dog followed me home. HE WAS SO CUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!! I wish we could've kept him (I don't remember whether or not he was a stray or had an owner). However, we already had a dog. It sucked. :/

Funny enough!

I have a dog called scbooy, and well he wasn't ours at first.
I remember after hours and hours of waiting at pizza hut and getting my small cold pizza we got home and all of a sudden this tiny sweet dog just walks up to the car out of nowhere. He had a tag with a number so we looked around for a bit asking. we called the number and no answer. We decided to try again the next day and after a while we couldnt find anyone. We then decided to keep him since at the time, no one knew where his home was. a week passes by and it turns out the poor dog was from a house a few blocks down and they apparently moved and left him there chained. he got out thankfully and so we have kept him since!
hes really such a lovely dog :3

- - - Post Merge - - -

side note: this happened again a couple of months back after a walk however my dad is tight on money and couldnt keep the dog ;-; plus we found the owner for it lol.

That's very cute :) Owners tend to let their dogs wander outside in my neighbourhood - sometimes they get drawn to people and will accompany you on a walk.

dogs hate me for no reason lol

but a few years ago there was this cat in our building that i think the owner didnt feed or take care of, so in the night the cat would be meowing at our door and my mom would have to shoo it away

awww how could anyone shoo away a cat asking for help T_T

usually dogs from the area both strays and the neighbor's dog comes into our yard and chill, it happens so often we always set out a bucket of water for any dog passing by. one time we had a pack of stray dogs there was like 7 of them they were all huge and "scary-looking" like pittbulls and rottweilers, and then there was that one chihuahua. and they just sat in my yard and relaxed underneath the shade and took a giant group nap.

i guess maybe dogs can sense when a home is welcoming for them. usually a lot of people would be terrified and think they would get attacked, but the pack was really laid back and comfortable and it was sweet having them around.

This has only happened to me with cats. We've been adopted by many cats in the past.

My favorite was we used to keep our garage door cracked open and the kitchen door to the garage open so our cats could come in and out since we didn't have a cat door. But a bunch of things found their way into our house that was, including raccoons and possums. But my mom used to use the garage to smoke and one day she was out there and heard what she first thought was growling coming from behind the desk she had out there. But then she realized it was purring, she called me out and I heard it too, we tried to call the purring thing out but it wouldn't move from behind the desk. The next day my mom saw the black and white cat when she went out, and it ducked behind the desk and purred again the whole time my mom was out there. Maybe a few days later my mom was out there to smoke again and the cat just came out from behind the desk and jumped on her lap. That's how she became ours. Sadly she passed a few years later because she had a rare condition that we didn't have the thousands and thousand of dollars to put towards maybe helping her. =[

Back