• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's Your Least Favourite Quest/Task?

What is Your Least Favourite Quest/Task?

• Getting Signatures From Another Town

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Delivering a Package

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Finding the Owner of A Lost Item

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Burying a Time Capsule

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Getting Someone to See a Villager Inside a House

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Catching Bugs/Fish

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • Buying Furniture for Someone

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Being Invited to A Villager's House

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Having a Villager Come to Your House

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters
In the poll I answered "Getting Signatures From Another Town" But I just realized thats not that bad with TBT and the fact I have another copy of the game. What really gets me is the finding a lost item. Half the time I have no clue where my villagers are and then its always the last person I talk to. Like don't. Please.

Catch any bug or fish I'm okay with that. The request for a certain type of bug or fish that can be a problem. I do keep bug/fish in my secret locker for requests but sometimes I don't have them. Saw lots of birdwing butterflies before the request and after the request they all disappear.
The bug/fish requests are there to help us catch them to fill our museum and also last time catches.

If I fail getting the bug/fish or tasks that they request I always send a letter to say I'm sorry. Add a gift. The letter cancels out the failed task.

I don't mind signatures because I have an extra 3DS. It gives me time to drop items and the villager already know all my players. It's quick and it counts towards a visit and a host badge.

I personally dislike the catch fish/bug that they want quest just because if you catch it and give it to them, it goes in their houses and they will never get rid of it. It ruins the aesthetic of many villagers' houses. >__> I also don't like when they invite you to their house or they want to come to your house, but they don't want to it now. They make you set up a time later. I will always forget because I think the shortest time is like 2 hours later. I'm never going to play for 2 hours (at least not anymore lmao). The signature one is something I also dislike cause you can't get rid of the signature board item from your inventory until a day later and you have to pay to recycle it ugh.

catching bugs and fish, I aint going to the island to catch you a shark fam

Where's the option for all of them? I hate being asked favors. I'm the mayor, I make the town pretty, keep it clean, upgrade the stores, what more can you ask for? Oh. Wait. You ask me for a million and a half pointless things like "Can you get me a perfect cherry from the tree right above my head so I can reward you with something equally as pointless like a super toilet even though this is animal crossing and toilets shouldn't even exist?"

Last edited:
mine's catching bugs and fish because even though i can easily rope up a river fish, they'll put it into their houses and i'll c r y!

Getting signatures is really difficult. You have to find someone willing to let you into town and then walk around their town looking for villagers.

Getting signatures but I never do them anyway lol. Also I hate those lost item ones because you have to go talk so long before you find the owner like bruh.

Also when you have to hang out with a villager like one hour after they asked.... Bruh no either we do it now or never lol

Catching bugs/fish, especially if they request something hard to get. No Rosie, I can't catch you a tarantula tonight.

Last edited:
I actually enjoy collecting signatures so that leaves catching bugs and fishes. I always turn them down unless they're asking for a goldfish or cricket.

I like returning lost items the least. most of the time I ignore the lost item.

I enjoy getting sigs because I love exploring people's towns, even if they are under construction or whatever... it's refreshing to get out of my town and some mayors are very friendly and give tours! Unfortunately, most of the time I'm way too lazy to get them. Time zones are also an issue.

My least favourite task is definitely the lost item. I'm unlucky most of the time and don't get them on the first or second go. Sometimes the lost item's owner is actually in the shops where you can't talk to them about anything other than shopping :/

I particularly hate having to catch fish for my villagers, getting furniture items and delivering packages because they all ruin the originality of villagers and I hate declining villagers requests, but I also hate seeing them go unoriginal. It makes me want to talk to my favourite villagers less just because of this reason.

I understand petitions being the highest voted option, but honestly, I find it quite fun. It is quite annoying when I'm in a position where I don't have access to internet connection though, which is often the case for me when I'm playing ACNL. I think the game should know when you're not connected to an access point and just not have this requested.

I hate both catching fish and bugs and signatures since i never complete both, but i put bugs and fish for the poll cause i dont want those creatures going in their houses :L

Burying a time capsule is a pain for me because I often forget and then you can't bury it the next day and the villager gets mad at you. Signatures are also difficult since there are rarely people online these days, at least for me.

For the time capsule tasks, I usually bury it near one of my entrances to the beach as no fossils or gyroids can spawn there so it's just easier to find.

I hate it when villagers ask for a specific type of bug/fish. I don?t mind if it?s just like ?oh hey, catch me an ocean fish,? but it annoys me when they say, ?hey go get me a golden stag? or whatever. It irritates me...

It?s also annoying when i have to meet up with villagers... like, if I know I?ll still be playing in an hour, then fine, but good luck getting me to remember ?oh that?s right, i have to go and spend like thirty seconds in cherry?s house!!?

//deep sighing

I would like to check most of them atm because I am pretty bored doing all those things, tbh. So I didn't vote, lol. I am so focused on finishing my character houses inside and out that I am sadly neglecting my villagers who used to be top priority. Oh, well, c'est al vie.

Back