Do You Know How to Write in Cursive?

Do You Know How to Write in Cursive?

• Yes! I know how to write everything in cursive.

Votes: 64 48.9%
  • I got most of it down!

Votes: 23 17.6%
  • Kinda.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • Not at all.

Votes: 16 12.2%

• Total voters
I do, but I don?t really see a reason for me to write in it, I just use my normal handwriting.

I was taught to write cursive in second grade, and up until fifth grade I was required to write in it. Don't really understand why, since it's not very commonly used, but I still like to write in cursive here and there to make my writing look prettier.

yes! and it's actually pretty good haha
i don't use it often, but every once in a while i'm reminded of my random skill and do some random practice all over my paper :)

yeah, had to learn it in 3rd grade. i also know how to write all the japanese hiragana, katakana, and most of the kanji, so we eatin

Can't write in cursive to save my life, the only thing I can write is my signature, and pretty poorly at that

Not really, which has made learning to sign my name on documents as I grow up VERY difficult, my pseudo cursive is so hard to replicate I keep thinking they are gonna think my signature is fake.

At my elementary school, every Grade 3 student used to be taught cursive. We were told that in high school, we'd have to write all our assignments in cursive so it was important that we learned then. We learned our alphabet and had to write out the good copy of our assignments in cursive as practice. I hear they don't teach it anymore, which I'm fine with. I think it's much more important to teach kids how to type as I haven't really used cursive since I learned it, whereas typing is a skill that is necessary in today's world. If you really do want to learn, you can always learn online, but I don't think it should take up class time that could be better spent on other things.

I learned it, and I can do lowercase letters and a few uppercase letters. I only use it for signatures though.

I can write in cursive, and the funny thing is I'm ambidextrous and I write in print best with my right hand but I write in cursive best with my left hand :)

yeah, i know how to write everything. i did an assignment a few years ago where we were required to write in cursive and it's integrated itself in my handwriting so that when i'm writing quickly, i write in cursive. it looks much better in print though ;P

Back