• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do You Know How to Write in Cursive?

Do You Know How to Write in Cursive?

• Yes! I know how to write everything in cursive.

Votes: 64 48.9%
  • I got most of it down!

Votes: 23 17.6%
  • Kinda.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • Not at all.

Votes: 16 12.2%

• Total voters
i picked it up pretty quickly in elementary school and it was fun to use. but i just don't understand why it was never required or used again for the rest of my student days. but its easy writing, i think its a lot easier than print because its all like in one line, rather than lifting the pen up for breaks which takes a lot of time...

I always write in cursive because I can write a lot quicker (especially in exams) when it's all connected rather than if everything has to be individually printed c:

It's also just out of habit though, because in primary school I was always to write in cursive only for some reason!

i occasionally forget some of the capital letters but everything else i'm fine with

Oh yeah man, we got drilled pretty good in that during school. I don't use it a whole lot unless I maybe write birthday cards or stuff but yeah man.

Kinda? Not really. I guess I do sometimes, but not very well.

I wish I did, but I never got taught how in elementary; I might try to learn it on my own time someday.

Kinda. There's some letters I don't know in uppercase and lowercase and I don't know how to connect some letters.

Last edited:
I remember spending the last few years of primary school being made learn how to write in cursive. I just about got it down by the time I started secondary school only to be told not to write like that because it's more difficult to read. Cool.

I do. I actually had an English teacher in middle school that required us to write all assignments in cursive and for it to be legible, so I had to improve my bad cursive quickly. Now it's not a problem, though most of the time I write half in cursive, half in print.

Yes, we learned it in elementary school and it was required. Had a class recently just to refresh it as well.

Mostly, I mean there's a few letters I have to look up if I'm writing in cursive, but the only time I really use cursive is to sign, and I obviously know the letters of my name. It's think like "Z" and stuff I forget, so I have to look them up.

I learned how to write in cursive in 2nd grade and while I usually write in print, any time I want to write quickly or I don't want someone else to be able to read what I'm writing I'll use cursive (my handwriting is only neat if I write very carefully lmao). I also collect fountain pens and it's just a lot easier to write in cursive than print in my experience.

I write in cursive when taking notes in class because its a lot faster

but i think it looks prettier when it's not cursive, or semi cursive so that's what i do when im studying at home making flashcards and all

Back