• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do You Know How to Write in Cursive?

Do You Know How to Write in Cursive?

• Yes! I know how to write everything in cursive.

Votes: 64 48.9%
  • I got most of it down!

Votes: 23 17.6%
  • Kinda.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • Not at all.

Votes: 16 12.2%

• Total voters
I was taught in primary school, and all through out grade 4 we had to write in cursive to prove we were worthy of getting our "pen license." These days when i do use cursive its mainly for calligraphy titles i do for stuff.

I had to write in cursive in primary school, as it was the writing style that we had to learn back then.
Over the years, my writing style has changed a lot, but I'm still able to write in cursive, even if it's not
that perfect at all and kinda difficult for me now, as it's been a long time since I wrote something in cursive.

Yes. I write in cursive the majority of the time. I didn't know they had stopped teaching it in schools. :eek:

I had cursive forced on me in elementary school, and hated using it for so long, but I do mostly write in cursive because it's faster and looks better than my non-cursive handwriting.

I learned how to in third grade but never really use it. Sadly, in my district they do not teach cursive anymore...

yes. i normally don't do it, but i love it when i write in cursive. i also love it when other people write in cursive, it's just such a pretty way to write out your words. i have an infatuation with pretty things, which is probably why i prefer cursive over print. i take a long time when i write in cursive, which is one of the main reasons why i don't do it at all.

Sort of. I'm not that good though.

yeah i was forced to learn in really well in elementary school because my teachers told us we would be required to use it in middle school lol how wrong they were
but i still remember it very well and can write in it very prettily

i learned in school, but kinda forgot how. Wish I could still do it

No, i don't! I never learned how, when i was younger my mother had to help me with it! Everything i write is in Print, i can't do Cursive at all! :(

Yup, but I tend to save it for cards and things I like the lettering to look pretty on. I do find while writing print quickly that I turn some of my letters in to script and they connect to each other.

they teach you to write in cursive at primary school, but for me i just write in a weird mix of print w/ some letters joined. its weird
my sister does calligraphy tho, and honestly idk how she does it

I know how to write in Doctor; As in I can, but it's impossible to understand what it says.

Last edited:
I remember a time where I didn't know how to even read in cursive. It was difficult because when I was much younger and learning how to write, my teachers presented cursive to me. I got insanely confused.

I'm good now, I practice my signature every now and again.

I know how to write everything in cursive, I only do it on the occasion because it makes my wrist hurt and I thought it wasn't great, but apparently I'm the best in my school and I got an award for it.

Back